PDA

View Full Version : 2 Stage Trigger vs. Stock Trigger?

Shihan
09-29-07, 04:00
Ok guys please bear in mind im not a sniper nor do I play one on tv. I have shot alot of rounds through the platform over the years and have always been content with the standard trigger on my AR's and if not had the armorer find me one that was suitable. Now in my early years of retirement there is so much Kool stuff on the market that I need me some, like a SPR. Now does a SPR need a 2 stage trigger or is a clean breaking standard trigger suitable? Also which are the good ones and which are the bad? I dont want to give reliability up for a softer pull which I know is often a compromise with going with lighter springs. Any input would be appreciated.

C4IGrant
09-29-07, 07:55
Ok guys please bear in mind im not a sniper nor do I play one on tv. I have shot alot of rounds through the platform over the years and have always been content with the standard trigger on my AR's and if not had the armorer find me one that was suitable. Now in my early years of retirement there is so much Kool stuff on the market that I need me some, like a SPR. Now does a SPR need a 2 stage trigger or is a clean breaking standard trigger suitable? Also which are the good ones and which are the bad? I dont want to give reliability up for a softer pull which I know is often a compromise with going with lighter springs. Any input would be appreciated.

For a precision weapon, I think they do need a quality two stage trigger. The best, bomb proof trigger on the market is the Geissele. My second choice would be the KAC.

C4