PDA

View Full Version : ammo availability in St Louis

moonshot
04-11-11, 21:12
I hate buying ammo on-line - shipping is expensive and I want to know it's factory fresh. As my two preferred loads are not locally available, I'm SOL until some comes in.

I'll be traveling via car to St Louis for a few days at the end of the month. Does anyone know a local reputable store where I can buy some .223 Black Hills 75 gr red box Match Hollow Point and Federal 9mm 147gr HST standard pressure?

Thanks.

Pumpkinheaver
04-13-11, 19:44
From what direction are you driving to ST Louis from? If your coming from the west Midwayusa in Columbia Missouri has a pick up option. It's right off the hiway too and wouldn't take you long. Cabela's in Hazelwood might have the Blackhills ammo as well.

Hmac
04-13-11, 20:14
never mind

bnanaphone
04-14-11, 10:54
Once you are actually in St. Louis, I also recommend Cabelas in Hazelwood (at The Mills). They are the best I have found in the area for selection and they have decent prices.

If you have any questions regarding the area or stores, just let me know.

moonshot
04-16-11, 09:40
Thanks for the advise. I had already planned on stopping at the local Cabela's. Finding my preferred BH ammo has been difficult at the Cabela's near home, and they don't carry Fed HST.

If I have time, I'll stop at MidwayUSA, but I don't think that I'll be able to fit it in.

I know I can order on-line. I just prefer not to.

mpd046
04-16-11, 12:34
Basspro is not far from Cabelas. They might have what your looking for.

Matt

Pumpkinheaver
04-16-11, 22:21
Thanks for the advise. I had already planned on stopping at the local Cabela's. Finding my preferred BH ammo has been difficult at the Cabela's near home, and they don't carry Fed HST.

If I have time, I'll stop at MidwayUSA, but I don't think that I'll be able to fit it in.

I know I can order on-line. I just prefer not to.

Just to clarify my post, you'll have to order your goods online. Choose the package pickup option when checking out. It will take you about 5 minutes to get your goods when you arrive at Midway.

rjacobs
04-30-11, 16:41
Nowhere in STL sells HST. There are no cop shops in STL that sell ammo and HST is LEO only so you wont find it at a regular shop. Ammo to go is about the only place for non-leo to buy it. GT Distributors in Texas has been the place I get mine from, but they are LEO only.