PDA

View Full Version : Suppressors legal in Washington

jcamp
04-12-11, 10:37
So my question is if suppressors are legal would a short barrel rifle with a suppressor welded to it to equal 16" be legal in Washington State?

markm
04-12-11, 11:00
I would guess so... but it's still a bad idea in that the negatives outweigh the positives.

Cans have to come off to clean the barrel. And there are no GOOD cans that you can pull the baffle stack out of the front to accomodate barrel cleaning and maintenance.

Stickman
04-12-11, 13:11
So my question is if suppressors are legal would a short barrel rifle with a suppressor welded to it to equal 16" be legal in Washington State?

If it goes through, it would be.

GlockWRX
04-12-11, 13:24
The bill was signed by Gregoire yesterday. Suppressors are legal, or at least they will be 90 days after the end of the session.

As to the project mentioned, there is another WA forum member undergoing a similar project.

See it here (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=76886)

Iraqgunz
04-12-11, 16:12
I am still trying to figure what the frickin' fascination is with an SBR and a welded suppressor. You live in a state that is not so NFA friendly. Get over it. Welding a suppressor or perming it by any other means is just plain silly and the negatives outweigh any real benefit.

JasonM
04-12-11, 16:49
I am still trying to figure what the frickin' fascination is with an SBR and a welded suppressor. You live in a state that is not so NFA friendly. Get over it. Welding a suppressor or perming it by any other means is just plain silly and the negatives outweigh any real benefit.

I have to agree with this. I don't even like permed flash hiders at all.

RyanB
04-12-11, 19:27
Benefit, shorter, but more importantly it shifts that weight back five inches. That's a huge difference in balance.

buyforce
04-12-11, 20:20
I couldn't justify welding my can

RyanB
04-12-11, 22:45
If I had only one can, I couldn't either.

markm
04-13-11, 10:44
My only tip would be to....

Get your supressor FIRST. Then use it on a 16 inch barrel so you get some actual experience in the practical usage and deployment of the can.

Then you can make a better decision about perming it to a short barrel. I think you'll see what a bad idea it is when you get some time with a silencer.

RyanB
04-13-11, 10:50
Jcamp if you're near Tacoma I can put you behind a Surefire.

KTR03
04-13-11, 16:41
In seattle, behind a gemtech halo, an HVT, or soon to be an aac ranger 2.

Pappabear
04-13-11, 16:54
Read this entire thread carefully, answer lies within "custom build thread":

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=78303