PDA

View Full Version : BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle

Redline
04-13-11, 20:52
Just got one. From what I see people have mostly positive things to say about it. Am I right?

When I cycle the action a few times it smells like when u first strike a match, like phosphorus. When I take the charging handle out there is a white chalky substance on the handle and inside of receiver in the areas where there was more friction between the two. It rubs off easily enough. Any idea what's going on here?

Thanks,
Redline

Hmac
04-13-11, 21:05
It's a nice, robust charging handle. The original version had a nasty pinch point that was a problem for some people. Judging by the Noveske-labeled Gunfighter handles, it appears to me that BCM has beveled that gap so it no longer pinches.

Can't help you with the chalky, phosphorous-smelling issue...I haven't seen that.

morso484
04-13-11, 21:07
I noticed the same thing, when I smelled it I thought there was a fire. Must be whatever they treat the handle to. I bought mine based on positive feedback, and I'm not disappointed, great handle, just needs a good lube I guess.

WEC
04-13-11, 21:08
It's just the finish on the charging handle. Over time it will wear off and you won't have the smell anymore.

CoryCop25
04-13-11, 21:11
It is perfectly normal for this to occur. It is the anodizing rubbing on the parts when you operate the charging handle.... I love that smell :D

outrider627
04-13-11, 21:17
Just got one. From what I see people have mostly positive things to say about it. Am I right?

When I cycle the action a few times it smells like when u first strike a match, like phosphorus. When I take the charging handle out there is a white chalky substance on the handle and inside of receiver in the areas where there was more friction between the two. It rubs off easily enough. Any idea what's going on here?

Thanks,
Redline

I noticed that smell too. I was thinking, WTF is that? :confused: I found the original charging handle from my rifle a weeks ago. After using the BCM GF Mod 4 for so long, standard charging handles feel like a cheap toy.

JSantoro
04-13-11, 21:18
Orange-button Search, keyword "BCM Gunfighter": https://www.m4carbine.net/gtsearch.php?cx=003496919632624929056%3Adhiwgm0hbaa&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=bcm+gunfighter&sa=Search&siteurl=www.m4carbine.net%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D78988#1101

Not-orange-at-all-button Search, keyword "Gunfighter," limited to thread titles and to the AR/M4 subforums: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php?searchid=2980743