PDA

View Full Version : Glock Smilies

QuickStrike
04-14-11, 16:44
I was shooting buffalo bore 180 gr. ammo through my G20SF and most of the brass looked like this:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0ZzpeZLmNOjxoGNYO_4L2xqmoPpsdZJ3Gb3cAX1twCI3bFOTy&t=1

Is it okay to continue shooting this type of ammo if I don't reload the brass?

Who makes a reliable and accurate aftermarket barrel? :D

Pax
04-14-11, 16:58
Lone Wolf Distributors claims their barrels feature "maximum chamber support" and "improved feed ramp design." Dont know how much more casing head support their barrels have and I've never even touched one, just looks like it's worth checking out.

Glock OEM on right, LWD left.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8338/lwb2.jpg

misanthropist
04-14-11, 17:47
I have been mainly shooting 10mm glocks for the last few years. All my "heavy" ammo does this...never had a problem as a result, unless you count "not having as much brass afterwards" as a problem. Which I guess I do, but anyway...

While many of my friends tell me to get a barrel with a supported chamber, I keep the factory one for the following reason: I can always run lighter loads for practice, which I generally do anyway, although not TOO light...still as hot as a hot .40. But my heavy weight ammo is mainly for emergency use, at which point I want the factory Glock barrel with its shallow, brass-killing feedramp, because I want those ****ers to feed!

QuickStrike
04-15-11, 05:37
I have been mainly shooting 10mm glocks for the last few years. All my "heavy" ammo does this...never had a problem as a result, unless you count "not having as much brass afterwards" as a problem. Which I guess I do, but anyway...

While many of my friends tell me to get a barrel with a supported chamber, I keep the factory one for the following reason: I can always run lighter loads for practice, which I generally do anyway, although not TOO light...still as hot as a hot .40. But my heavy weight ammo is mainly for emergency use, at which point I want the factory Glock barrel with its shallow, brass-killing feedramp, because I want those ****ers to feed!

That's what I've been hoping to hear. I don't really feel like compromising reliability with an aftermarket barrel (maybe one in .40 later). I did however changed over to a 20 lbs. recoil spring.

ChicagoTex
04-15-11, 09:43
Not a problem as long as you don't reload it.

skyugo
04-15-11, 17:40
how common are 10mm kabooms? This just with real heavy loads?

Has anyone seen these marks on 9mm glock brass?

probably not an issue considering that glock 40 cals do that even with practice ammo.