PDA

View Full Version : 5.56/.223 Brass - Prepping for Sale?

Whytep38
04-14-11, 18:26
I have some 5.56/.223 brass I want to sell, but I'm wondering if I need to clean it before shipping. Will USPS or UPS have a problem? I have no idea what they're doing for security these days, and I'm just thinking a scanner or search dog might alert on it due to powder residue.

Thanks in advance.

cegha
04-14-11, 20:02
I would say no they don't have to be cleaned prior to shipping. I just bought a Hornady L-n-L from a fellow forum member & he threw in +/- 500 free once fired .223 brass. They still have spent primers & powder residue all over them & they weren't any questions asked.

ralph
04-14-11, 20:44
I have some 5.56/.223 brass I want to sell, but I'm wondering if I need to clean it before shipping. Will USPS or UPS have a problem? I have no idea what they're doing for security these days, and I'm just thinking a scanner or search dog might alert on it due to powder residue.

Thanks in advance.

I would'nt do anything to it..I reload myself, and if I were buying brass from someone, as once fired, I want to see that it is..

wahoo95
04-14-11, 22:03
Ship it like normal.....I just sent some brass last week. USPS Flat Rate is the best way to ship it.