PDA

View Full Version : Notice anything?

Irish
04-15-11, 11:48
Situational awareness and knowing what a gun can and can not do is very helpful. http://youtu.be/siX8VVMI--k

Notice anything?

QuietShootr
04-15-11, 11:54
Situational awareness and knowing what a gun can and can not do is very helpful. http://youtu.be/siX8VVMI--k

Notice anything?

Jesus h. christ.

d90king
04-15-11, 11:54
I wouldn't have believed it unless there was video proof... lol Thats one smart robber right there.

Irish
04-15-11, 11:56
I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of people would not have a clue.

Hersh
04-15-11, 12:03
I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of people would not have a clue.

I'd bet you'd be right!

Heavy Metal
04-15-11, 12:22
Teh slide lokz made me gulp da soapz!

Heavy Metal
04-15-11, 12:23
Let me see: Turn, grab just below wrist with left hand, grip pistol with right hand and rotate up and to the rear, breaking wrist.

Packman73
04-15-11, 12:25
Haha!

VooDoo6Actual
04-15-11, 13:08
unfreakinbelievable

Watrdawg
04-15-11, 13:40
I would have been using that liquid soap to make it easier for the gunmen to choke down his own gun after I relieved him of it.

John_Wayne777
04-15-11, 14:19
Let me see: Turn, grab just below wrist with left hand, grip pistol with right hand and rotate up and to the rear, breaking wrist.

Sounds nice and all, but I think I'd rather just shoot the guy.

rob_s
04-15-11, 14:29
IIRC the brothers that stopped one of the school shootings in GA did so, one of them after being shot himself, because the shooter was using a make/model gun they were familiar with and they knew he was empty.

TOrrock
04-15-11, 15:08
Amal hijaking of TWA Flight 847 in 1985, where Navy Seabee diver Robert Stethem was tortured and murdered.

Notice the FN P-35 Hi Power that the hijacker is waving around the pilot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/TWAFlight847a.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/TWAFlight847b.jpg

Irish
04-15-11, 15:13
Notice the FN P-35 Hi Power that the hijacker is waving around the pilot.

It appears to be an empty magazine well in the 2nd picture. Possibly out of battery as well. The hammer's definitely not cocked.

Safetyhit
04-15-11, 15:27

Of course. It's often a matter of simple routine.

Moose-Knuckle
04-15-11, 15:33
The doughnut worker had what, at least 100lbs on that oxygen thief. :confused:

Oh well at least his insides are clean now.

Business_Casual
04-15-11, 15:34
Sounds nice and all, but I think I'd rather just shoot the guy.

No kidding when all he has to do is hit the slide stop or in the pilot's case thumb the hammer.

B_C

Mac5.56
04-15-11, 15:59
Oh man, it would have been so fun to **** that guy up!!! Honestly, he would have been so shocked you could have had some fun with the dude before he even knew what happened.

Safetyhit
04-15-11, 16:12
Oh man, it would have been so fun to **** that guy up!!!

Sure, it's always fun to fight with an adrenaline filled, armed attacker.

We have no idea why the scumbag had the slide back, but most here do know that it could have been easily brought forward into battery in about a tenth of a second. Its not like he was carrying an airsoft pistol for cripes sake.

If it were me and I saw the slide back, I would probably go for the gun as well. But I surely wouldn't assume that it will be an easy task.

bkb0000
04-15-11, 16:20
is it slide-locked, or seized? looks like it COULD be back far enough to be locked, but it almost looks like it's just broken.

my other thought is that it's empty, and failing to grasp how auto pistols function, he racked the slide at the employee, for effect... locking the slide back on an empty mag. then, not wanting to draw attention to the fact that the gun did something other than chamber a round, left it, or just didn't even know how to drop the slide.

whatever the case.... i really hope that if i'm ever jacked at gunpoint, it's this ****.

SteyrAUG
04-15-11, 18:20

We have no idea why the scumbag had the slide back, but most here do know that it could have been easily brought forward into battery in about a tenth of a second. Its not like he was carrying an airsoft pistol for cripes sake.

If it were me and I saw the slide back, I would probably go for the gun as well. But I surely wouldn't assume that it will be an easy task.

Pretty much. Slide back doesn't always mean "empty", however if I see the magazine follower in the open slide we are going for it.

And as I should be carrying, I'm shooting the guy.

Iraqgunz
04-15-11, 19:26
Too bad that couldn't have happened somewhere more gun friendly with someone that was a little gun savvy.

variablebinary
04-15-11, 19:30
Too bad that couldn't have happened somewhere more gun friendly with someone that was a little gun savvy.

It still happened at work.

We wouldn't want to risk offending some doughy liberal HR manager now would we.

Heavy Metal
04-15-11, 19:35

No but violence of action would be your friend if you knew he was holding an empty weapon. He likely would not know that you were aware of the empty state of his pistol.

I suspect the reason he had the slide back was because he had an empty mag in it. I also suspect he didn't know how to release the slide release easily. He was likely using a stolen and unfamiliar gun.

I agree with Steyr, I would just shoot the SOB were I armed. Bastard was bought and paid for. Not being armed, pistol-whipping him up side the temple with his own sidearm sure sounds attractive.

Heavy Metal
04-15-11, 19:42
Of course. It's often a matter of simple routine.

It's called an Immediate Action Drill. It should be routine.

Suwannee Tim
04-15-11, 19:53
....Notice anything?

I got it! The jug doesn't contain liquid soap, it contains something else! Is that it?