PDA

View Full Version : Finally caved. Bought a Glock

TXBob
04-15-11, 18:39
Been thinking about a glock a long time. Shot a 19 and preferred the M&P. But deep down I wanted a high cap 45. Today we had a grand opening of a me Cabelas and there in the used case is a glock 21. I looked it over and it was tough to tell it was used.

So wtf I ponied up and got me a 21.

I know folks prefer the M&P or HK, but I needed a glock for the set. Plus I prefer the larger capacity of the glock over the MP/HK. The other option was an XDm but a decent used glock is ruogh to pass on.

So I finality took the plunge and tomorrow let's see if all my practice has payed dividends. Ive been blasting the center with my M&P9, so its time to give some 45 rounds airtime.

hk45ctp30
04-15-11, 19:05
Congratulations!! Have fun shooting and let us know how you did. :D

Business_Casual
04-15-11, 20:02
I don't understand why that is "caving" in to anything.

B_C

JHC
04-15-11, 22:21
What the heck. My G21 SF RTF2 is a superb pistol. Big. But easy handling and very accurate.

skyugo
04-16-11, 01:10
I don't understand why that is "caving" in to anything.

B_C

it's m4c peer pressure. get a glock and a BCM pmags and surefire light.

i've never been disappointed by anything you people have talked me into buying :D

Ak44
04-16-11, 01:12
Welcome to the Tupperware World of Glock haha We have been expecting you. My suggestion stock up on mags, get good METAL sights, Vickers Slide Stop and Mag release, and grip plug.

TXBob
04-16-11, 01:15
Some of us don't like to blend in with the crowd. We have to be different for difference sake.

:D

Peer pressure got to me. (Sometimes its a good thing)

TXBob
04-16-11, 10:34
OK hear's the darnedest thing.

Was familiarizing myself with the newcomer (ok I was fondling it). After dis assembly and a brief cleanup (to my OCD standards) I was doing some dry fire work.

I've always had trouble with keeping both eyes open. Its just something new and I do not have a very strong dominant eye. As the pistol recoils the sight picutre changes, the "non shooting" eye picks up on the side of the pistol and my picture switches from the "aiming eye" to the "non aiming eye" (even the tape trick doesnt work).

Here's the thing, with that flat top of the glock (or I think it was that), I'm able to keep my sight picture with the same eye. I dunno if it was the light, but it was pretty consistent even as I moved around the house. Some firearms just work better for people (as I have often claimed). Something about the sight picture on this thing agrees with me!

GLOCKMASTER
04-16-11, 10:44
Congrats on your new purchase. I have a G21 SF and really like it and it's never failed me after thousands of rounds.

Just be careful if you buy a second Glock that you don't put them to close to each other in the safe because they have a tendency to reproduce like rabbits. :cool:

SiGfever
04-16-11, 10:53
Congrats on your new purchase. I have a G21 SF and really like it and it's never failed me after thousands of rounds.

Just be careful if you buy a second Glock that you don't put them to close to each other in the safe because they have a tendency to reproduce like rabbits. :cool:

QFT! :stop:

LRB45
04-16-11, 19:49
I just bought a Glock 19 today.

Won't be able to get it until Monday because I bought it out of state and need to get in transferred to my state. Gonna be a long couple days.

Haven't owned a handgun since probably 1992.

M4arc
04-16-11, 19:59
The G21SF is on my short list of Glocks to buy. Congrats on your new purchase!

jamaicanj
04-17-11, 21:14
Congrats!

cslone
04-18-11, 13:24
The 21 is my favorite Glock to shoot. Congrats!