PDA

View Full Version : Question on M&P45 Barrels markings.

davebee456
04-15-11, 23:28
Question on M&P45 Barrels markings.
When I hold it up this barrel to the light I see a lot of of what looks like streaks but I cleaned this barrel as thorough as possible.
Could what I am seeing be part of the bluing process I have only experiences with hk and glock poly barrels mostly and they have like a mirrior finish.
I did have one stainless rifled 1911 barrel I had was like a mirror in between the grooves

skyugo
04-16-11, 01:05
I'd run a brush and a couple patches through and call it good. Some copper jacket streaking and powder residue is likely to remain even after cleaning. As long as it's shooting accurately i wouldn't worry about it.

davebee456
04-16-11, 13:20
I used alot of ballistol and FP-10, it almost looks too neat to be leading.
I was hoping someone here had the same experience.

markm
04-16-11, 13:35
Are you talking about inside the barrel's riflings?

If so... I had the same issue for the first few hundred rounds.... the barrel copper fouled really bad.... but it settled down after shooting it a bit more.

GermanSynergy
04-16-11, 19:35
I've noticed the same thing.

You can try to use something like Wipe Out foam in the barrel, or just keep shooting it (like I do) and not really worry about it.

markm
04-16-11, 20:54
You can try to use something like Wipe Out foam in the barrel, or just keep shooting it (like I do) and not really worry about it.

Just do this!! Don't go harming the barrel with overly aggressive cleaning or too much chemicals.... Clean it normally and it will settle down.

GermanSynergy
04-16-11, 20:59
Yup- I pretty much only clean pistol barrels now every few thousand rounds (I shoot mostly hardball ammo).

I've noticed no degradation in accuracy or reliability in Gen 3 9mm Glocks and 9/45 M&P's.

davebee456
04-16-11, 21:51
I really thought it might be the blueing process that left these dull streaks in between the rifling I never saw this before, but I only had Sig, Hk and glock..I trust that it wont effect accuracy though, I might try one more time with hoppes.9.

thanks