PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Trace LG Problem

Tornado_Racing
04-16-11, 06:10
Hey Guys,

A few weeks ago I picked up a CT-LG for my M&P9F. Made a range trip to sight in and everything went great with about 250 rounds being run through the gun. Earlier this week I was running some trigger reset drills at the house (and teasing my dogs w/LG removed from the pistol lol) when the laser quit working. Okay I though since this thing is so bright (can pick up the dot during daylight hours) the batteries were dead. I picked up a new pair of Duracell CR2032's and then the LG was working again (old batteries had been removed for about an hour). Well Thursday I made another range trip and half way through my session the LG quit working again. I kept the stock batteries and decided to try and figure out my problem. What I found was when removing the batteries and quickly re-installing the LG did not work. Removed the new batteries and quickly installed the old batteries and the LG did not work. Pulled the batteries and let the LG sit for 5 minutes and re-installed the old batteries and the LG was again working with a slight delay in activation. I then removed the old batteries and quickly re-installed the new batteries and the LG was still working with the slight delay. Now 2 days later there is no delay in activation (new batteries) and the LG is back to normal.

Does the LG have and internal/electronic shutdown for over use? Not familiar with the "laser world" and how one works can they overheat and shutdown until it cools? Maybe something built into the internal circuitry? The Crimson Trace Laser Grip for the M&P is wicked awesome and I will continue to use it (or a replacement). The beam is super bright, the fit is between the medium and large stock backstrap, and requires no secondary step to use. Just squeeze the grip and acquire your intended target.

I have not contacted Crimson Trace yet but will if the problem continues but just wanted to get some info from you guys first.

rathos
04-16-11, 08:28
This is not normal. Call crimson trace and get an RA number. They should fix them right up for you.

ColdDeadHands
04-16-11, 08:44
Battery life is supposed to be 2 - 3 hours. Also make sure to test new batteries as some will be new but only half charged...I've had that happen with energizers and duracells. I've made it a habit to test any new battery for use in my flashlights or red dots. Some go in the trash right out of the package.