PDA

View Full Version : Homemade EOLad

FinestBh
04-16-11, 09:50
Just figured I would share this with you guys, since the project turned out pretty good... I like the idea of the EOTech EOLad, but wasn't thrilled about the price tag. For considerably less, I managed to make my own. I attached a Magpul composite rail section to the hood of my EOTech, very carefully making sure it was on the same plane as the mounting surface. Once attached, I simply mounted a LaserMax Uni-Green to the rail section... Voila! A poor mans EOLad. In some ways, it's actually better than the original. I can always attach a light to the LaserMax, or remove it and mount it on another gun. I've included some pics, you guys can judge for yourselves as to the practicality of the project...

tgace
04-16-11, 10:54
Nicely done! How did you attach the rail section to the hood?

FinestBh
04-16-11, 12:13
The Magpul rail section came with two small/flat nuts for attachment, they have a small shoulder that countersinks into the holes I drilled in the hood (the holes need to be drilled slightly larger than the hardware, to accommodate the shoulders). It made for a surprisingly solid and simple attachment. In all honesty, I'm surprised EOTech doesn't make an optic with rail already installed. It really is versatile.