PDA

View Full Version : will the real "Trump" stand-up

platoonDaddy
04-16-11, 10:56
Great audio from the “greatOne”, about 12 minutes long but worth the listen if you are thinking about voting for the "Trump"

scroll down to: Listen to Mark below from Friday's (4/15) show: and click to play the audio

http://marklevinshow.com/Article.asp?id=2163064&spid=32364

Abraxas
04-16-11, 11:11
I listened to lastnights show, it was pretty good.

platoonDaddy
04-17-11, 08:17
The man behind Donald Trump's possible 2012 presidential campaign is a registered Democrat who voted for Barack Obama in 2008.

Not only that, but Michael Cohen, an executive at the Trump Organization who doubles as Trump's chief political adviser, once volunteered for 1988 presidential candidate Michael Dukakis and worked for a Democratic member of Congress.

ForTehNguyen
04-17-11, 08:37
I could put R or D after Trumps name and it wouldnt be able to tell the difference either way

No freaking thanks

Robb Jensen
04-17-11, 08:49
Donald Trump = Modern day Ross Perot

Spiffums
04-17-11, 11:51
Donald Trump = Modern day Ross Perot

And we all know how well that turned out last time. :blink:

I think the Grand Ole Party needs to get behind one horse and ride it to the end of the race. There is too many people fighting about Palin or Trump or Paul or <whoever>. Any vote not for the primary candidate of the R party is a vote for Barry O.

Business_Casual
04-17-11, 15:21
I think that you are all wrong and missing the point. The fact that a man, who is obviously a Democrat, is a viable candidate and is to the right of the current president shows how badly we need to defeat Obama.

Is Trump full or problems? Is it possible he could win? Yes to both, and that is what is astonishing at this point. Can Romney win? No. Can Newt win? No.

Remember, Rove and Levin want nothing more than Obama to be re-elected. It gives them four more years of full employment.

And any time someone says "he can't win" or "I would love for him to get in the race..." Or words to that effect - what they are saying is "he scares the shit out of me because he has a chance to beat Obama."

So what if he isn't ideologically pure? The alternative is four more years of destruction and devastation. It won't matter who wins in 2016, we'll be bankrupt and under marshall law probably.

B_C

platoonDaddy
04-17-11, 16:54
I think that you are all wrong and missing the point. The fact that a man, who is obviously a Democrat, is a viable candidate and is to the right of the current president shows how badly we need to defeat Obama.

AMEN!

Is Trump full or problems? Is it possible he could win? Yes to both, and that is what is astonishing at this point. Can Romney win? No. Can Newt win? No.

Agree.

Remember, Rove and Levin want nothing more than Obama to be re-elected. It gives them four more years of full employment.

Disagree on this comment regarding Levin; he is a TRUE conservative and one who has fought "Tyranny" for years.

So what if he isn't ideologically pure? The alternative is four more years of destruction and devastation. It won't matter who wins in 2016, we'll be bankrupt and under marshal law probably.

Agree on four more years of destruction, BUT I pray you are incorrect about marshal law. If we stay on this course for sure bankrupt.

B_C

Replied in 'red' to some of your comments.

04-17-11, 17:19
platoon- Glad to see someone listening to the Great One. Started listening to him while in NOLA. I wish he would run. Could you imagine him debating Obama?

Robb Jensen
04-17-11, 19:33
And we all know how well that turned out last time. :blink:

I think the Grand Ole Party needs to get behind one horse and ride it to the end of the race. There is too many people fighting about Palin or Trump or Paul or <whoever>. Any vote not for the primary candidate of the R party is a vote for Barry O.

Exactly Trump supported Obama, that's enough for me to know I'd never vote for him.

mattjmcd
04-19-11, 10:55
... for some party on the left. He is a populist who has favored very aggressive ( read: steeply progressive ) tax policies in the past. He is IMO naive about the possible effects of protectionist policies. Those things don't make him a wild-eyed lefty, but they don't square with anything like true conservatism, or even mainstream Republican ideology.

He's done a fantastic job raising his daughter Ivanka (seriously) and he is, I am told, a pretty good guy underneath the constant branding efforts. But I don't think he is too sincere as a candidate. I worry that he is being goaded by people friendly to Obama.

@ whoever made the comments about Rove and Levin: I couldn't disagree more. Rove is at a level where he will be able to consult, speak, and write no matter who holds office. Levin is in more or less the same position and IMO he is a take-no-prisoners conservative. Levin's show kinda sucks, actually, as far as being listenable and entertaining. After all, he has a face for radio and a voice fit for a mime. BUT... he is even more effective than Rush or Hewitt when it comes to articulating core philosophy, and that's why he will remain at or near center stage going forward. Just my .02 of course.

Business_Casual
04-19-11, 16:06
@ whoever made the comments about Rove and Levin: I couldn't disagree more. Rove is at a level where he will be able to consult, speak, and write no matter who holds office. Levin is in more or less the same position and IMO he is a take-no-prisoners conservative. Levin's show kinda sucks, actually, as far as being listenable and entertaining. After all, he has a face for radio and a voice fit for a mime. BUT... he is even more effective than Rush or Hewitt when it comes to articulating core philosophy, and that's why he will remain at or near center stage going forward. Just my .02 of course.

Karl rove can blow me, and the rest of that is wild speculation designed to malign Trump. Is Trump a real Republican? No! But we already made the point that when Trump is far to the right of the current president it is time to start getting really ****kng worried, not host a purity contest or send Romney out to certain doom.

04-19-11, 16:49
Herman Cain! If you've never heard of him, check him out. He is a solid conservative with common sense. I've listened to him many times when he fills in for Neal Boortz.

mattjmcd
04-19-11, 17:07
Karl rove can blow me, and the rest of that is wild speculation designed to malign Trump. Is Trump a real Republican? No! But we already made the point that when Trump is far to the right of the current president it is time to start getting really ****kng worried, not host a purity contest or send Romney out to certain doom.

Just so we're clear- what is "wild speculation" here..?

Armati
04-19-11, 18:20
For the moment, I am enjoying "The Donald Trump Show." He is saying a lot things that people are thinking.

As comedian Lewis Black points out, 'He is the only politician willing to deal with foreign leaders like a Staten Island bookie.'

If we are going to run America as an Empire at the very least we need a competent Cesar. Otherwise, vote for Ron Paul.

Business_Casual
04-19-11, 18:45
Just so we're clear- what is "wild speculation" here..?

You are the guy who wrote "a stalking horse for the left" aren't you? What proof do you have? None? Ipso facto - wild speculation. When was the last time you read "The Art of the Deal" anyway chief? What do you know about dealing with foreign businessmen that you can claim he would be naive about policy? Hmmm?

B_C

mattjmcd
04-19-11, 19:31
You are the guy who wrote "a stalking horse for the left" aren't you?

Yes. But without referring to anything specific in your response, I don't think you can blame me for asking the question. I thought you were suggesting that I was speculating on the motives and prospects of Rove and Levin. Why are you down on Rove, anyway? Just curious.

What proof do you have? None? Ipso facto - wild speculation.

"Proof"? Nothing definitive. It is speculative- this being the interwebs and all- but it's not _wild_ speculation.:rolleyes: Trump has advocated "soaking the rich" via the tax code in the past. That's is not wildly speculative. It's a fact. He's on record supporting high rates for the top brackets, and favored (favors?) a wealth tax.
http://www.issues2000.org/celeb/Donald_Trump_Tax_Reform.htm
Trump has alluded to favoring protectionist policies, too. Also non-speculative.

He is closer to a center-left type than a conservative, and he has a history of supporting left-leaning pols. Some of his political people are described as supporters of, if not outright operatives for, Obama and/or other democrat politicians. None of this is conclusive, but taken as a whole it certainly seems possible that his pseudo-candidacy might possibly be a put-up job.

When was the last time you read "The Art of the Deal" anyway chief? What do you know about dealing with foreign businessmen that you can claim he would be naive about policy? Hmmm?

Perhaps I miswrote what you read? I suspect he has a grasp on the pitfalls associated with protectionism. Assuming he does, why does he seem to lean in that direction, at least in public?

B_C

reply too short

Business_Casual
04-19-11, 19:49
Do you have a reading comprehension problem? How many times do I have to say the issue that Trump raises is not whether or not he is a conservative - it is that when a New York liberal is this far to the right of the guy in the oval office and our side wants to nominate Romney or Barbour, it is time to get really ****ing worried.

B_C

Safetyhit
04-19-11, 20:29
The more Trump opens his mouth the more he's becoming an embarrassment. The man is a narcissist's narcissist. "I have more money than Romney", "My net worth is more than..." such and such. What tiresome, irrelevant garbage. And how many business bankruptcies does he have under his belt now?

Plus the awful, raccoon eyed fake tan has to go. Just as phony as he is.

Though I do like him stating that Obama is the worst President in history, that the United States needs to regain it's international prominence and his desire to influence American based companies not to outsource jobs. There is some good there, but in my humble opinion he's still not coming across as a truly qualified President.

Armati
04-20-11, 07:03
And what really "qualifies" someone for President anyway?

Barry? He isn't qualified for most jobs. But he is President!

G-dub? Honestly, nice guy and all, but he was a boob.

Carter was highly qualified and was one of the worst Presidents in history.

30 cal slut
04-20-11, 07:23
Donald Trump has too much baggage (marital issues, financial bankruptcies, prior outrageous statements, his toupee) that his opponents will eventually exploit.

He resonates with the discontent amongst independent and GOP voters about many things (economy, the totally pathetic field of GOP candidates, etc.). People relate to that.

This will wear off at some point, and I believe most folks will come to the conclusion that he is unelectable.

p.s. Mr. Trump is anti-gun too. Don't trust him any farther than you can throw him.

Business_Casual
04-20-11, 07:29
Did anyone see him tear into Stephanopoulos? When was the last time a Republican challenged the MSM and didn't sound like a clown?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/trump-gives-heated-interview-to-abc-obama-his-minions-have-co-opted-you/

He's no Tim Pawlenty.

B_C

variablebinary
04-20-11, 08:53
No point in getting too concerned about the race till we get about 1/2 way through the GOP primaries.

On the upside, Trump is so rich, and has so much F-U money that he basically can say whatever he wants to whomever he wants. His ego is big, he absolutely will not bow before anyone, so I would keep an eye out for real lively debates which are sure to be spectacles.