PDA

View Full Version : RTF2

FFK
04-16-11, 14:16
I have received conflicting information and hope someone could clarify. I know the RTF2 frame has been discontinued for commercial sales but have heard that it is still available through the LEO purchase plan. Others say it has been completely discontinued. Which is correct?

operator81
04-16-11, 17:03
I believe it is still available for LEO purchase.

Quiet
04-16-11, 20:19
Still available for Gov/Mil/LE agency purchases.
Some Glock LE distributors still have the RTF2 Glocks in stock.

Guns-up.50
04-16-11, 20:25
I just picked up a g17 rtf2 two weeks ago, after i heard the news so i would say whoever has them still in stock is still selling, but i dont think they can get more in. I did hear they will still be avaliable for L/E
Hurry and get one just to be sure, i love mine new sights and mag catch the thing is a shooter.

9mmsteve
04-16-11, 20:35
My understanding is that Glock has made the decision to not produce anymore RTF2's at all, including for law enforcement.

Joe R.
04-16-11, 22:21
Initially the RTF2 was going to be continued for LE sales. That decision has changed and the RTF2 is now discontinued entirely.

ETA: There are still some out there if you want one.

13MPG
04-17-11, 01:06
Initially the RTF2 was going to be continued for LE sales. That decision has changed and the RTF2 is now discontinued entirely.

What is the reasoning behind this? Just to simplify the product lineup?

A local shop took a used one in a few weeks ago and I was able to pick it up for $410 and I’m glad I did!

9mmsteve
04-17-11, 03:37

A local shop took a used one in a few weeks ago and I was able to pick it up for $410 and I’m glad I did!

The RTF2 tears up uniform shirts. I think the LEO only sales were not going to work and glock realized that.

Joe R.
04-17-11, 05:34
Not sure 13mpg, my guess and only a guess is as you stated to keep the product line more streamlined. Also the Gen 4 has a RTF like frame...now if they can just get the bugs out of the 9mms.

Steve, I've been carrying a RTF 17 for over 7 months with no wear on my uniform shirts from the frame.

JHC
04-17-11, 07:14
Not sure 13mpg, my guess and only a guess is as you stated to keep the product line more streamlined. Also the Gen 4 has a RTF like frame...now if they can just get the bugs out of the 9mms.

Steve, I've been carrying a RTF 17 for over 7 months with no wear on my uniform shirts from the frame.

I carry one concealed without damage to fleece, shirt or softshell.

Of all their grip treatments, RTF2 is my favorite. Hate to see it go. RTF3 is pretty good too IMO.

chuckman
04-17-11, 09:41
I got a slightly-used RTF2 a month ago and really like the frame. I don't care for the 'fish gills' one way or the other, but I really like that frame.

aveisone
04-17-11, 11:36
I got a slightly-used RTF2 a month ago and really like the frame. I don't care for the 'fish gills' one way or the other, but I really like that frame.

I didnt either. I picked up a 19 RTF. This pistol has standard slide serrations.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j253/aveisone/IMG_1150.jpg

opmike
04-17-11, 12:24
Not to be pedantic, but this conflation of terms is beginning to be a problem. You have an RTF2.

C4IGrant
04-17-11, 14:12

What I have heard as well.

Some large LE Distr. should still have some, but there are not many out there.

C4

C4IGrant
04-17-11, 14:15

I think there was a lack of popularity with the gun in the LE world due to the fact that the frame COULD eat up uniforms.

The other thought (which Joe spoke of) is to simplify or downsize the GEN 3 line up. IMHO, Glock would like nothing better than to stop producing the GEN 3 line.

C4

FFK
04-17-11, 14:38
Thanks for all the responses. I was trying to decide if I could wait and I have my answer. I actually prefer the fish gills. They have performed just as well for me and if the gun doesn't have beavertail they tend to eat less of my flesh.

warpigM-4
04-17-11, 14:41
Ok I am dumb can someone post a up close picture what is it on the frame that is tearing up uniforms Stippling or something??:confused:

dsg2003gt
04-17-11, 15:50
Ok I am dumb can someone post a up close picture what is it on the frame that is tearing up uniforms Stippling or something??:confused:

uhm....the frame texture itself....helllooooo.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb180/nennioz2/6d8a3537.jpg

sjc3081
04-17-11, 16:44
I appendix carry a G 19 RTF2 in a blade tech IWB 12 hours a day with no issues. I wear a tee shirt againest my skin and a cover shirt. Im 6'2 225 so I have gut and still no issues.

Evan_O
04-18-11, 02:42
I carry in a Safariland ALS now and used to use a SLS holster before that. I can't figure for the life of me how the RTF2 would "tear up a uniform shirt". My holster is offset from the belt and isn't even close to touching my shirt. I could maybe see it for non uniformed carry i.e. dicks or UC but even that is a stretch. I carry the same pistol off duty concealed so it is close to my skin and my shirt does rub on it and I have yet to wear a shirt out.

I would believe Glock would rather just do away with the gen3 line before I would buy into the whole "tearing up uniform shirts".

warpigM-4
04-18-11, 23:49
uhm....the frame texture itself....helllooooo.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb180/nennioz2/6d8a3537.jpg

OHHHHH:laugh: I was lost I had a Glock 30 back in 2000 but got rid of it and have not been around them lately thanks for the Picture. Now I know and knowing is half the battle :laugh: