PDA

View Full Version : BCM 14.5" Lightweight with Aimpoint T1 review. Its perfect.

Eurodriver
04-16-11, 19:17
I'd like to start off by saying that I'm glad I jumped on the bandwagon with this one. It seems like everyone is going shorter, lighter and thinner and I definitely see why. I've had this rifle for a while but just got the chance to shoot it today. There are myriad reviews on these, but I thought some of you would like to see how we mix aloha and shooting ;)

I'm thoroughly impressed with everything. The upper, the optic, the BattleComp 1.5, everything. It came together perfectly and is exactly what I wanted in a fighting carbine. Everything was purchased new from BCM, TNVC, and OGC Tactical. Great people all around.

This morning I headed out to the range. Anyone who's lived in Hawaii is familiar with Kokohead. Pretty basic rifle range with a "no rapid fire" and 5 round mag capacity rule. I wasn't out to test the rifle. Hard to do that with 100 rounds and those restrictions. My main mission was to get the T1 close enough for government work and make sure there were no major issues with its function.

http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/6922/rangex.jpg

I'm sure some of you who have talked to me know, but for those who don't, I am in the middle of a 5,100-mile move. I shipped my stuff out earlier than most do to have it there when I arrive, the trade off being I have to do without now. I have no targets, and more importantly no optics to view targets with. Here is a zoomed picture of the range.

http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/1243/deer.jpg

I decided I would zero the optic to the steel plate on the left at 200 yards. Its about 20x20 inches. Good enough for a general idea. To the right a bit you will see what looks like a swingset with steel plates hanging down and even further right a deer which is about the size of a 150lb buck. Both are at 225 yards, more on that later.

I sat down at the bench, turned on the T1 and the first thing I immediately noticed was how large my field of view was. The T1 leaves almost no dead space behind the optic. It was also very easy to distinguish the dot. I have used Eotechs, Aimpoint M2s and Aimpoint M4s. This is by far the most user friendly among them.

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/9228/gunrange.jpg

I guess its always a good thing to start off on the right foot, because my first shot hit the steel plate at 200 yards. This is a factory brand new aimpoint T1 with a brand new BCM upper. I was a bit disappointed, I wanted to "zero" my gun. That gave me the opportunity to just shoot at smaller targets. I went for the "Swingset" with a 12"x12" plate. I was shooting a little high and right but I made about 15 total clicks in windage and elevation combined to get me right on target. Money. Once I was zero'd I could hit anything the dot didn't cover up, and with it on power level 7-8, that wasn't much.

I don't get the hate for the 4 MOA dot. I ran into no issues. I'm not going to be shooting anything smaller than a torso without magnification at 200+ yards anyway, so what does the size of the dot matter?

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5863/compy.jpg

I love this. Period. I even asked the gentlemen next to me if he was getting any percussion. He said none at all. He did say it "sounded" louder than his AR, but not enough to bring it into consideration until I asked. Trust me when I say this guy would have been the first to whine if I was using an FSC556 and rattling his teeth, so +1 on noise for the BC.

Remember that deer I mentioned above? In the standing I was alternating between the deer and steel plate at the rate of about 1 round per second. Every shot at the plate was a hit and 60% were hits on the deer. It would've been more but there is a huge bush covering half of it now... :rolleyes: There is no muzzle cimb. I can't wait to take this to a carbine action class or shoot at IPSC targets for that reason. It feels great. Now, I will say that it doesn't feel the same as an FSC556, where as that almost felt to eliminate recoil and muzzle climb altogether the BC1.5 still has a "shove" to the rear. No muzzle climb, but it does push back. However if the muzzle is staying on target and you're leaning into the gun like you should be the point is moot. FWIW I would trade the concussion with the FSC556 for the "shove" the BC has any day.

Here is a video of the BC1.5. To be fair instead of gripping it like a guerilla and holding it tight to the bench, I loosely held the pistol grip, put no pressure on the buttstock and did not wrap my support hand/thumb around the handguards. With all of that in consideration notice there is still almost no movement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWHwuIDiLG0

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/165/imgp0261.jpg

In essense this is a light, handy, reliable, maneuverable carbine that is consistently capable of hitting targets out passed 200 yards with no muzzle climb. Get one. I bought this as a "play gun" for classes, carbine shoots, plinking, etc. But it may very well become the HD carbine. I know everything has the caveat "what works for me may not work for you"/"YMMV" but I don't see anyone being able to beat this setup in simplicity and reliability.

Ammo used was Federal XM193.

While we're on the subject, I'd like to point out that while Stickman takes amazing photographs; isn't it always about Location Location Location? :D

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/2482/location1s.jpg
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/4683/location4.jpg
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/3747/reallocation3.jpg

Edit: I didn't touch much on the carbine itself, there are enough reviews of BCM 14.5" Middys. We all know they're good stuff. FWIW, I am using an H buffer. Everything else is evident in the pictures.

I wanted to run a malfunction drill so I loaded an empty case in the magazine. It cycled it....figures. Tap rack bang and I was back in business, but I haven't figure out how to simulate a double feed or failure to feed with a BCM yet.

90slow50
04-16-11, 19:46
Great write up and nice boomstick!

LRB45
04-16-11, 20:08
Thanks for the feedback on the T1.

Hoping to pick one up in the near future for my 14.5" carbine.

LRB45
04-16-11, 20:09
What mount are you running for the T1?

thanks

Eurodriver
04-16-11, 20:31
I am using the Larue Tall Mount. LT660

rushca01
04-16-11, 20:32
What mount are you running for the T1?

thanks

Wow dude, really?:D It's a run of the mill Larue mount, one of the best in the biz. You've been a member since '09 I'm sure you have seen one these.

Nice write up to the OP.

ALCOAR
04-16-11, 20:36
Really great pics....wtf, you live in Fern Gully???:p

JoshNC
04-16-11, 20:39
Very nicely set up rifle. I think the middy with MOE handguard and Aimpoint T1 is one of the most functional setups around.

And may I also say that is a GREAT shooting range! I am guessing you live in Hawaii and those photos are from the Robin Masters estate?

Johnny Yuma
04-16-11, 21:00
Excellent firearm !!!

Make mine a 16" barrel for Illinois and she's good to go ....
A plan for my old old pre-ban Bushy lower collecting dust :)

Silver_2325
04-16-11, 21:10
The only thing sweeter than that rifle is the backdrop you are shooting against. Great pictures. Hawaii?

NM, obviously Hawaii with the "Aloha" plug.

And after further reading you saying the range is in Hawaii. I admit, I looked at the pictures first without reading. Nice write up.

dan1775
04-16-11, 21:32
Thanks, thanks for those pics. Put a lot of rounds downrange there. That was the place I stuck the hammer of a 4" S&W Model 29 in my head using overly hot handloads...and the same day one of my squadmates put a round through the roof of the range by touching off an extra shot under recoil with the same revolver. Good times, bad handloading.

Your rifle looks great, and sounds like it shoots even better. I'm slowly putting together something very similar.

Mark71
04-16-11, 22:56
Thanks for the great range report and pictures. How much does the complete rifle weight?

Thanks

Eurodriver
04-17-11, 00:14
Very nicely set up rifle. I think the middy with MOE handguard and Aimpoint T1 is one of the most functional setups around.

And may I also say that is a GREAT shooting range! I am guessing you live in Hawaii and those photos are from the Robin Masters estate?

Kokohead shooting complex, right at the outskirt of Honolulu.

The only thing sweeter than that rifle is the backdrop you are shooting against. Great pictures. Hawaii?

NM, obviously Hawaii with the "Aloha" plug.

And after further reading you saying the range is in Hawaii. I admit, I looked at the pictures first without reading. Nice write up.

Excellent. I was about to have an interesting reply for you ....

Thanks for the great range report and pictures. How much does the complete rifle weight?

Thanks

Other than taking it into a gym, I have no way of weighing it. I'll keep looking.

Mark71
04-17-11, 00:31
Other than taking it into a gym, I have no way of weighing it. I'll keep looking.

Thanks. Not a problem. I was just curious as my next build is almost exactly the same as yours.

BTW: Love the pictures and has me looking forward to visting the islands again later this year.

Jimbo45
04-17-11, 01:10
Good read, and nice rifle. One of my AR's is set up nearly identically.

I am impressed with your consistency with the T1, though. Mine, at 225+ yards, the dot would probably be several times larger than that deer you are shooting at, and makes long range hits fairly difficult. Plus, I seem to need a brightness level in between level 9 and 10...9 is too dim on a bright day, and 10 is plenty bright, and seems to increase the dot size more than needed. I love the T1 for its durabililty, zero holding, and battery life, in its intended short range role, but I am not sure I could consistently use it as a 200+ yard optic on point targets, like you are doing. Good job.

johncatz
04-17-11, 01:35
Nice rifle!

Eurodriver
04-17-11, 01:52
Good read, and nice rifle. One of my AR's is set up nearly identically.

I am impressed with your consistency with the T1, though. Mine, at 225+ yards, the dot would probably be several times larger than that deer you are shooting at, and makes long range hits fairly difficult. Plus, I seem to need a brightness level in between level 9 and 10...9 is too dim on a bright day, and 10 is plenty bright, and seems to increase the dot size more than needed. I love the T1 for its durabililty, zero holding, and battery life, in its intended short range role, but I am not sure I could consistently use it as a 200+ yard optic on point targets, like you are doing. Good job.

I'm glad you brought that up.

The following picture is using Brightness Level 8 on the T1.

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9122/picjl.jpg

As you can see, the 4 MOA dot takes up just about what it should at 200 yards...8 inches.

Maybe it has to do with different eyesight capabilities. I have no idea, but seeing an 8" dot on a 12"x12" steel plate wasn't difficult at all, let alone the deer or 20x20 plate.

I agree, I could not have done this on BL 10. It simply would've made the dot "grow" too much. But 8, and especially 9 were easily seen on a bright day and were clear enough to aim with. The backdrop was very green, is your location somewhere like Arizona where the sandy terrain would need a brighter dot to see?

MistWolf
04-17-11, 03:49
Interesting. Dot is larger than a fine crosshair certainly, but it's smaller than the width of the front sight. Shouldn't hinder fine shooting any more than the iron sights

Jimbo45
04-17-11, 07:26
I'm glad you brought that up.

The following picture is using Brightness Level 8 on the T1.

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9122/picjl.jpg

As you can see, the 4 MOA dot takes up just about what it should at 200 yards...8 inches.

Maybe it has to do with different eyesight capabilities. I have no idea, but seeing an 8" dot on a 12"x12" steel plate wasn't difficult at all, let alone the deer or 20x20 plate.

I agree, I could not have done this on BL 10. It simply would've made the dot "grow" too much. But 8, and especially 9 were easily seen on a bright day and were clear enough to aim with. The backdrop was very green, is your location somewhere like Arizona where the sandy terrain would need a brighter dot to see?

Yes, you are right, now that I think about it, it does depend on the individual's eyes. I have astigmatism in my strong side eye, and it does contribute to my problems using red dot optics. I see them as a blury starburst, not always a circular dot. I know its the astigmatism, because when I fire weak side, I see the dot much cleaner and finer. Thanks for reminding me.

I do wonder, though, if something is up with my T-1. The dot really does seem larger than 4 MOA, at brightness levels necessary on a bright day. And, the huge jump in brightness from 9 to 10 has always bugged me. I recently had it fading in and out, when handling and firing the gun. Tightening the battery cover helped, but it still goes off from time to time, when changing levels, and I have to find a sweet spot, for it to stay on. Not very encouraging for use on a gun on a two way range. I need to fiddle with it some more I suppose, and see whats going on.

PatrolRifleGroup
04-17-11, 07:55
Great pictures. I'm running nearly the exact same setup, with the exception of a Troy TRX rail and front flip. I'm so impressed with the 14.5 middy and BC combo, I put the SBR in the safe and plan on running the new gun for duty. It's light, fast, and runs reliably.

I've also got an astigmatism, and utilize the following technique with my T-1 for improved accuracy at distance. If you dim down the optic, almost to the point where you can just barely see the dot over the target, you will greatly improve your ability for precision. It's almost as if it jumps down from a 4moa to a 2moa.

MOTRON
04-17-11, 11:40
If you dim down the optic, almost to the point where you can just barely see the dot over the target, you will greatly improve your ability for precision. It's almost as if it jumps down from a 4moa to a 2moa.

+1, I use this technique as well. Works great.

OP, sweet build.

arizonaranchman
04-17-11, 13:58
Nice write-up!

Put an M4 stock on it and C8 handguards and you've got exactly my favorite BCM middy set-up (in pic below).

It's simply a GREAT and handy carbine. With a loaded 20 rd P-Mag, the MI picatinny mount on the FSB and assorted spare parts and spare battery stowed inside the grip it weighs 7 lbs 9 oz (standard barrel).

Evil Bert
04-17-11, 15:00
Ah the days of shooting on the beach. There is nothing nicer than shooting a few hundred round on the beach with a temp of 74º and a nice soft breeze.

I remember the days at Little Creek, VA after a day at the range, going to VABeach and admiring all the ladies. :big_boss:

The best thing about the brown water Navy is the guns, beach, and babes. :sarcastic:

12 years later... If I go to the beach, someone calls PETA about a beached whale walking around...:blink:

Eurodriver
04-17-11, 15:04
ranchman,

thanks for that data. Using math and knowing an unloaded PMAG is 5.7 oz and 20rds of 5.56 are ~8.5oz I can safely say that this build, unloaded with no magazine, should weigh around 6lbs 8 ounces.

Dump1567
04-17-11, 19:53
Nice review.

I recently drank the same koolaid, and it tastes goooood. :p

My set-up is very similar to yours except I went standard barrel. I've been looking hard at the H-1 for it.

Oh, and I'll even be in Oahu next month. :cool:

mini4m3
04-17-11, 23:06
+1, I use this technique as well. Works great.

OP, sweet build.

This is how all red dot type sights should in theory be used.

To the OP, the rifle is very slick. So slick in fact that I have a build that almost paralleled yours.

FChen17213
04-17-11, 23:48
I think dialing down the optic is great for relatively precision shooting and zeroing. However, you might want to dial it back up for CQB so that the dot doesn't wash out when lighting changes etc.

Back on topic, that is a sweet setup. I recently got a 14.5" middy too. However, I used an extended A2 birdcage permanently pinned. Yes, I know there are many drawbacks to the permanently pinned FH. I know that many are now using the Battlecomps, but I was a little afraid that if I wound up not liking to Battlecomp, I'd be stuck with it on a 14.5" gun. I thought that the 14.5" gun would be a little lighter than a 16". I honestly can't tell the difference. I guess for weight savings, I'll need to go with a pencil barrel. With the stock collapsed all the way though, I have to say that the gun looks pretty darn compact.

The_Swede
04-18-11, 02:39
Very nice gun!

Is the Micro T-1 compatible with the Aimpoint 3x magnifier? I'm thinking of using a T-1 for riflematches as its getting rave reviews, but would need the capability to reach out for the occasional 300 yard shot. There have also been rumors about a 2MOA Aimpoint Micro but i suppose they are after all just rumors.

Killjoy
04-18-11, 06:33
Excellent write-up and pics. I've been interested in a setup like that for a while.

duece71
04-18-11, 07:00
Nice rifle, I want the same set up except with a standard barrel and a surefire FH. Someday I would like to get a can so I can do some.....you know......."silent" running!:laugh: I like your set up though and I will probably go with the H-1 as I don't use NVGs or scuba dive past 80'. You said you are moving? Hopefully to the other side of the islands!

Eurodriver
04-18-11, 08:27
Deuce, you on the islands?

Very nice gun!

Is the Micro T-1 compatible with the Aimpoint 3x magnifier? I'm thinking of using a T-1 for riflematches as its getting rave reviews, but would need the capability to reach out for the occasional 300 yard shot. There have also been rumors about a 2MOA Aimpoint Micro but i suppose they are after all just rumors.

Yes it is. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that its possible to hit a 300 yard IPSC target with an unmagnified T1. It would take a while to aim and get your holdover, but you could do it. Just something to think about, I'm one of those people who would mind a magnifier hanging over the side of my rifle for 90% of my shooting.

ReaperAZ
04-18-11, 09:06
Nice write-up and GREAT pics. That is quite the backdrop for an afternoon of plinking.

cvriv
04-18-11, 09:10
Damn it. I was bouncing back and forth between getting an ACOG or a T1. Totally decided on an ACOG because Im not even sure if I could see my targets clearly enough at that distance to shoot them! I wear glasses to correct my vision too. But im not sure because I havent gone to a range and tried spotting something at that disance. I love the ACOG for the magnification and that its powerless but I love the T1 for its speed, size, parallax free accuracy. Its cheaper too. Ill have to think long and hard about it. See if I can check them out in person first.

The_Swede
04-18-11, 10:49
Yes it is. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that its possible to hit a 300 yard IPSC target with an unmagnified T1. It would take a while to aim and get your holdover, but you could do it. Just something to think about, I'm one of those people who would mind a magnifier hanging over the side of my rifle for 90% of my shooting.
Yeah the extra space an weight the magnifier takes up is what bothers me too. I have 4 MOA Aimpoint on my Duty rifle and with some time and steady aim you can hit targets out to 400 yards but I don't feel I would have that time in a match. Shame they don't make a 2 MOA Micro. Thanks for your thoughts.

russellmn
04-18-11, 12:36
Yeah the extra space an weight the magnifier takes up is what bothers me too. I have 4 MOA Aimpoint on my Duty rifle and with some time and steady aim you can hit targets out to 400 yards but I don't feel I would have that time in a match. Shame they don't make a 2 MOA Micro. Thanks for your thoughts.

The Army issues Aimpoints with a 4moa dot (M68 CCO) to just about every soldier these days. 300m with an as issued M4 is no problem at all. The dot is only covering 12" of a 20" wide target.

jonconsiglio
04-18-11, 13:02
Eurodriver, I think that's an all around perfect gun. I'm working on a similar gun right now and I'm really looking forward to finishing it. I'm just not sure yet if I want to pin a BattleComp or Surefire or run it on one of my SBR'd lowers and not pin it. The decision would be easier if I wasn't invested in the Triple Taps right now, but with this new MAMS and cans, I may move away from the KAC stuff.

Damn it. I was bouncing back and forth between getting an ACOG or a T1. Totally decided on an ACOG because Im not even sure if I could see my targets clearly enough at that distance to shoot them! I wear glasses to correct my vision too. But im not sure because I havent gone to a range and tried spotting something at that disance. I love the ACOG for the magnification and that its powerless but I love the T1 for its speed, size, parallax free accuracy. Its cheaper too. Ill have to think long and hard about it. See if I can check them out in person first.

I have both and as you'd expect, I'm faster with the T1. I'm equally as accurate at 100 yards if I rest them (which is almost never) and dim the T1. If I'm standing at At 200 yards I can do fine with either. At 300 yards, I'm about hitting my limit for the Aimpoints and the ACOG starts to really show an advantage here and of course farther out.

I've run the Aimpoints with the 3x a good bit and just for me, it's a better option than just the ACOG, though there's definitely a trade off in precision, at least with the aiming point…. but again, this is for my uses which never really reach past 200 to 300 yards with my standard ARs. I have other guns for longer ranges. I'm not getting into 1-x optics as they weren't mentioned.

11B101ABN
04-19-11, 03:31
I JUST ordered a 16 LW mid-length. I wanted the 14.5, but became too impatient.

Still looking to put a Battle Comp on the new blaster, though. Not too sure where to send it, or if I should just say eff it and do it myself.

Great blaster. Gorgeous scenery.

Wormydog1724
05-30-12, 09:29
I wanted to run a malfunction drill so I loaded an empty case in the magazine. It cycled it....figures. Tap rack bang and I was back in business, but I haven't figure out how to simulate a double feed or failure to feed with a BCM yet.

Old thread but I found this when I was seatching for more info on BCM 14.5" middy LW. I ordered one and had a little regret ordering the LW vs the regular profile. It'll be here Friday so we will see.

Also for the double feed sim, I had a feedlip break off a Pmag. Double-feed city. Clear it and it will fire one round and double feed again. Its frustrating as hell when on the clock in a 3 gun match.

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp247/wormydog1724/ce3cb69f.jpg

krisjon
05-30-12, 11:01
Definitely a necro post, but great set up. And an even better place to test it.

Your pics made me homesick, Euro! Didn't realize you were over there. I was just talking to a buddy of mine who was out there zeroing his .300 Win Mag on the far steel the other day.

drck1000
05-30-12, 12:47
Definitely a necro post, but great set up. And an even better place to test it.

Your pics made me homesick, Euro! Didn't realize you were over there. I was just talking to a buddy of mine who was out there zeroing his .300 Win Mag on the far steel the other day.

I had to look at the date of the OP twice. I thought it wasn't that old, but then I saw 2011.

I shoot at Koko Head quite often as well. I've only shot on the rifle range once in the past few months or so, but I've been shooting quite a bit in the pistol ranges and in the shooting bays for USPSA/IPSC. Definitely a nice setting to shoot in, but it does get crowded.

I could totally tell where he was shooting from too. I usually shoot closer to the range office. I've used the range finder from the middle of the range and the steel rack is closer to 240 yards and the deer is around 270 yards. Definitely fun to shoot those with unmagnified red dots.

I have a BCM ltwt 16" with BC 1.0 and 2 MOA T-1 on a high Larue QD mount and it's been great. I had been thinking of trying out a 14.5" with pinned muzzle device with either a BC1.5 or FSC 556, but I think I will just stick with the 16". I ended up shooting with the BC 1.0 from improvised shooting positions in training recently and the BC kicked up a TON of dirt when shooting from lying on your side with the gun a couple inches of the ground (urban prone?)! It was like someone threw a handful of dirt on me after each shot and dirt got everywhere. I think I had more dirt in the upper receiver than carbon.

badness
05-30-12, 16:13
i'm in oahu too. Man you've got some balls to be taking your rifle out on the beach like that.

htomeheb
05-30-12, 19:49
i'm in oahu too. Man you've got some balls to be taking your rifle out on the beach like that.

Big no-no down there?

badness
05-30-12, 20:56
Big no-no down there?

Except as provided in sections 134-5 (hunting) and 134-9 (CCW), all firearms and ammunition shall be confined to the possessor's place of business, residence, or sojourn; provided that it shall be lawful to carry unloaded firearms or ammunition or both in an enclosed container from the place of purchase to the purchaser's place of business, residence, or sojourn, or between these places upon change of place of business, residence, or sojourn, or between these places and the following: a place of repair; a target range; a licensed dealer's place of business; an organized, scheduled firearms show or exhibit; a place of formal hunter or firearm use training or instruction; or a police station. "Enclosed container" means a rigidly constructed receptacle, or a commercially manufactured gun case, or the equivalent thereof that completely encloses the firearm.
(d) It shall be unlawful for any person on any public highway to carry on the person, or to have in the person's possession, or to carry in a vehicle any firearm loaded with ammunition; provided that this subsection shall not apply to any person who has in the person's possession or carries a pistol or revolver and ammunition therefor in accordance with a license issued as provided in section 134-9.

(e) Any person violating subsection (a) or (b) shall be guilty of a class A felony. Any person violating this section by carrying or possessing a loaded firearm or by carrying or possessing a loaded or unloaded pistol or revolver without a license issued as provided in section 134-9 shall be guilty of a class B felony. Any person violating this section by carrying or possessing an unloaded firearm, other than a pistol or revolver, shall be guilty of a class C felony.

!Nvasi0n
05-30-12, 21:31
Dude, I don't know what's better looking...the beach or the rifle. That is a purist set-up if i've ever seen one. I love it. The backdrop makes me want to write a Margarita-ville parody :) "Wasting ammo again in margarita-ville" Sorry, I quit.

Great rifle BTW

duece71
05-30-12, 21:40
Deuce, you on the islands?

If it weren't for the guns, politics and money involved, I would be there! I would have to surrender all 3 so I will continue to be a tourist "howlie" :dance3:

xcravx
05-31-12, 10:20
Nice writeup. I have a nearly identical setup. May have missed this, but what ammo were you running?

SteveS
06-05-12, 20:15
It is a BCM product!!!

Wormydog1724
06-06-12, 20:44
I got my 14.5" LW middy in the other day. I had it come with a pinned A2X. I shot 30 rounds of BVAC 55 gr FMJ to get my TA44SG-10 ACOG sighted in. It ran fine. I have a SPR/M4 suppressor and wanted to use it on this upper. I had the A2X removed and a SPR/M4 mount pinned and welded (even thought I am 'pending' to have my lower SBR approved, I'm impatient). Shot it today and it is awesome. The LW 14.5" barrel really helps keep the weight down out front, even with the suppressor attached. The midlength gas system helps with the recoil, even though the suppressor definitely increases the gas and makes the recoil a little more violent. This is my favorite set-up so far. Just need to add an X300 and it will be ready.

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp247/wormydog1724/ea218c10.jpg
http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp247/wormydog1724/efd357ae.jpg