PDA

View Full Version : ar15.com down??

xringshooter
10-01-07, 08:12
I have not been able to connect to ar15.com for almost a week now. Only thing that comes up is a "System Maintenance" screen.

Anyone know anything??

markm
10-01-07, 08:14
It's coming up fine for me right now. Clear your cache or something.

Whytep38
10-01-07, 08:22
It's coming up fine for me right now. Clear your cache or something.It works for me too.

Do you clear out your temporary Internet files from your browser? Assuming you're using some form of Microsoft Internet Explorer:

Go to the Tools menu.
Scroll down to Internet options....
Go to the General tab.
Click the Delete files... button in the Temporary Internet files area in the middle.
After it's done (hourglass will disappear), click the OK button at the bottom.

Sometimes, you can have so many temporary Internet files on your system that the entire system slows to a crawl. In cases like that, the clearing procedure above may take several minutes to complete.

If you're using a different browser, the above steps probably won't work. I'm not familiar with other browsers.

Jay Cunningham
10-01-07, 08:40
Consider it a blessing.

ReaperAZ
10-01-07, 08:41
No sweat off my brow.

markm
10-01-07, 08:48
Consider it a blessing.

:D Indeed.

ZGXtreme
10-01-07, 08:57
:D Indeed.

I too agree... I am new to these boards and find the smaller community here much more appealing and helpful than the "big" board(s).

xringshooter
10-01-07, 09:16
Thanks for the inputs.

All my other forums were working just fine and the down for system maintenance screen was from ar15.com. Our system here uses Firefox and after talking to the system administrator he checked and found that he had made some changes while I was out of town and forgot to tell me. He fixed the problem and I can get on now. I don't know what was going on.

I typically use it for the technical aspects as I have seen in the past some of the derision and very opinionated (to the point of being obscene). But in this case I have a customer that contacts me via this forum. I have tried to get him to send me emails direct but I wonder if he doesn't have an email account.

I am more and more going to M4 as the participants in this forum appear to be a little more civilized and know how to answer a question without belittling the questioner.

You should be seeing me a little more often now (I need to get to 30 posts so I can sell a few things).

Ron

markm
10-01-07, 09:31
I am more and more going to M4 as the participants in this forum appear to be a little more civilized and know how to answer a question without belittling the questioner.

M4 is a good site! I didn't come straight here from TOS... so I had a few months to transition from the circus environment.

ReaperAZ
10-01-07, 10:59
M4 is a good site! I didn't come straight here from TOS... so I had a few months to transition from the circus environment.

This is the 3rd or 4th time someone has mentioned this TOS site. May be a dumb question but what site is it?

DrMark
10-01-07, 11:04
This is the 3rd or 4th time someone has mentioned this TOS site. May be a dumb question but what site is it?

"The Other Site"... ar15.com

ReaperAZ
10-01-07, 11:09
Ah, thank you sir. I had a thought it may have been that but now it's all clear to me.

C4IGrant
10-01-07, 11:33
I find it funny that people come on here and ask if TOS is down. When M4C is down, do you go on TOS and ask the same question?

Oh wait, M4C would actually have to go down in order for that to happen.

C4

markm
10-01-07, 12:21
Oh wait, M4C would actually have to go down in order for that to happen.

C4

Common, Grant! You'll have to take it down when you add a Women's forum, Cooking forum, Drywall repair forum, etc.! Those upgrades require a certain amount of Down time! :D

ST911
10-01-07, 12:27
I have not been able to connect to ar15.com for almost a week now. Only thing that comes up is a "System Maintenance" screen. Anyone know anything??

Not to be unfriendly, but I'm not sure most folks here would care if ARF was up or down. Perhaps emailing ARF site management would be more appropriate than using our host's bandwidth.

gunny
10-01-07, 12:49
I have not been able to connect to ar15.com for almost a week now. Only thing that comes up is a "System Maintenance" screen.

Anyone know anything??

Try typing weaponfurms.com or ak47.net into your url line. They both take you to the same place.

DrMark
Not to be unfriendly, but I'm not sure most folks here would care if ARF was up or down. Perhaps emailing ARF site management would be more appropriate than using our host's bandwidth.
I think there's a lot more people that post at both that you might think. Arfcom doesn't have the active, identifiable Industry Professional interaction that this place does, but it has features (hometown forums, SWAT mag forum, active EE) that filll a need. I don't think the boards are at war.

When M4C is down, do you go on TOS and ask the same question?
If we did, how would anyone know? The evidence would be erased!

Okay, maybe someone over there does think the boards are at war.

;)

whitetiger7654

The question was already answered and everything was fine. Why be rude? Plus you responding isn't saving bandwidth.

C4IGrant
10-01-07, 12:57
I think there's a lot more people that post at both that you might think. Arfcom doesn't have the active, identifiable Industry Professional interaction that this place does, but it has features (hometown forums, SWAT mag forum, active EE) that filll a need. I don't think the boards are at war.

If we did, how would anyone know? The evidence would be erased!

Okay, maybe someone over there does think the boards are at war.

;)

LOL, good one. :D

ReaperAZ
10-01-07, 12:58
Common, Grant! You'll have to take it down when you add a Women's forum, Cooking forum, Drywall repair forum, etc.! Those upgrades require a certain amount of Down time! :D

Well if that's the case can I be the Cooking forum Mod? I make a mean Ramen noodle!

C4IGrant
10-01-07, 12:59
The question was already answered and everything was fine. Why be rude? Plus you responding isn't saving bandwidth.

These threads come up every time ARFCOM goes down and I think he was just saying that instead of wasting our BW with a question that few on here care about, why not contact them directly.

C4

Razoreye
10-01-07, 18:19
Saving bandwidth? What is this, 1996? 100 bytes means nothing in the scheme of gigabytes if not terabytes. :rolleyes:

hldhard
10-01-07, 20:46
ARCOM was one of the first forums I found years ago. One thing ARCOM has going on. The Equipment Exchange. It's the biggest one I found and they rule there with an iron fist. For the rest of the sight............
I use my first initial and my last name as a screen name most of the time. I was told there was no way I could be SF. Because I use my real name in my screen name. Not secret enough I guess. I only go back for the classifieds.
I did find, by far one of the funniest threads I ever read anywhere on the net over there. I think it has over 50 pages of post "Things you found in the woods" Or close to that title. Some of the stories are amazing.
I think this Forum has the best AR technical information. It seems M4.Net is policed good also. I never have to weed thru a bunch of BS here. I am still learning stuff going thru the Archives here. Keep it up.

Joseywales
10-01-07, 22:40
Got banned:( Wouldn't know:rolleyes:

5POINT56
10-01-07, 23:54
I've been a member there so long that I've gone through 3 girl friends, two dogs and lived in 3 different States. Learned a TON from there after doing the requisite sifting around and have sold and scored HUGE on their EE.

Though the GD is often inhabited with threads like "Am I gay if I shave my balls? (Poll coming!!)" .........there are some true gems from time to time.

I love both sites and I think its time to put the hard-ons away and let each enjoy their respective success. This is where I come when I need to cut to the chase and get technical answers and opinions.....but the ARF serves its purpose.

C4IGrant
10-02-07, 07:38
Saving bandwidth? What is this, 1996? 100 bytes means nothing in the scheme of gigabytes if not terabytes. :rolleyes:

It all adds up.

C4

Razoreye
10-03-07, 18:23
It all adds up.

C4

WHEN M4C gets bigger... and overtakes TOS!! BWAHAHAAHAHA!!! :p

_DR
12-05-07, 11:06
The Mods at arfcom are really getting on my last nerve.

markm
12-05-07, 11:17
The Mods at arfcom are really getting on my last nerve.

I've always got along good with most of the STAFF. But many of the mods are retarded.

comp1911
12-05-07, 11:19
Both sites have good and bad points. I enjoy both.

Can't we all just get along? :confused: :D

markm
12-05-07, 11:49
Both sites have good and bad points. I enjoy both.

Can't we all just get along? :confused: :D

No. There must be intersite drama! ;)
I never do get why some people take this stuff so seriously. Some of the mods over on TOS really do overestimate their importance in human history.

I just try to ignore that nonsense.

Remember911
12-05-07, 12:58
Got banned:( Wouldn't know:rolleyes:

I allso got banned for giving out the truth about something. To much censurship on telling the truth by the Left. This site has a lot more credable Info.

SHIVAN
12-05-07, 13:49
Holy grave digging from two months ago....

This post is set to self destruct in 3...2....1.......