PDA

View Full Version : Sig p226 9mm help

1GIG
04-19-11, 09:28
I have been using the search function for a few days and not really finding what I am looking for. I have read about recent Sig QC issues. Knowing that, which p226 model to go with? Or should I hold out until I can find a German p226? The only German p226s I can find are online (none in my area) and all look pretty beat up and well used with unknown history. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TOrrock
04-19-11, 10:25
It seems that the big turn in SIG QC came around 2005. If you can find one made before that you should be getting a beautifully made pistol.

The stamped slide W.German marked P226's tend to be considered to be the cream of SIG handguns.

Try to find some CPO, Certified Pre Owned models.

Any used SIG should be resprung when you get them.

Best of luck in your search.

S-1
04-19-11, 10:27
I would avoid the fluff (beavertails, fancy finishes) that SIG puts out and get the standard P226R service pistol.

Personally, I would not get another older stamped steel SIG, as they have been discontinued from here and in Germany. Parts will start drying up and they do require more maintenance.

Radioflyer
04-19-11, 15:27
Tried out my new 226 E2 at an IDPA night. The only issue is that being a new gun, it took about 50 rounds through the pipe to get it to slide lock. No QC issues i noticed.

1GIG
04-19-11, 15:58
How does the E2 feel/compare? I have not had the chance to see one in person. I know this will be different from person to person but was reading a older thread and most seem to think its an improvement.

Radioflyer
04-19-11, 16:13
How does the E2 feel/compare? I have not had the chance to see one in person. I know this will be different from person to person but was reading a older thread and most seem to think its an improvement.

Compared to a Standard 226, the grip gives me much more confidence in my grip control and the SA trigger is just beautiful. With an extended mag release and competition trigger job, it's going to be my new IDPA gun replacing my P30 which is now moved to daily carry duty.

I have not shot a old-style 226 so I cannot compare shooting characteristics.

1GIG
04-19-11, 16:23
Thanks for your replies.

Appalachian
04-19-11, 16:26
PM sent

I have been using the search function for a few days and not really finding what I am looking for. I have read about recent Sig QC issues. Knowing that, which p226 model to go with? Or should I hold out until I can find a German p226? The only German p226s I can find are online (none in my area) and all look pretty beat up and well used with unknown history. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.