PDA

View Full Version : My Del Ton Plan C

lifebreath
04-19-11, 13:56
A wise man knows when to revise his plans ...

1. Sell Del Ton (in process)

2. Buy KAC SR-15 (done)

3. Buy Colt 6920 (done)

4. Take carbine classes (scheduling in process)

5. Read more, post less (in process)

Not necessarily in that order.

I do appreciate the education I have gained from coming here. I do note that the bolt in the Del Ton is MP stamped, and I understand they are now MPI/HP testing all bolts individually, but mine has no indication of HP.

Here's the replacement. It's got a great feel and I really like the QD sling mounts. The two-stage trigger breaks beautifully and I like the ambi controls. I'd rather have the right-side safety lever scalloped out at the end so it doesn't stand so proud. It interferes a little with the trigger finger as is. On the other hand, it's real easy to use the trigger finger middle knuckle to flip to safe.

I replaced the A2 flash hider with a BattleComp, but haven't fired it yet with the BC. My buddy has a couple KACs with the Triple Tap, so I'd like to get out to the range with him and do some A/B side-by-side comparisons of the BC and TT.

I'm kind of disappointed though ... I can't bump fire the two-stage trigger ... :blink:

http://www.lincolndiagnostics.com/public/doug/guns/KAC/IMG_4869sm.jpg

Iraqgunz
04-19-11, 15:24
Bolts are not marked with HP. The reason for that is probably because the reputable manufacturers who do MP know that w/o HP it's worthless. So it would stand to reason that they have done both. You might also want to move the VFG a little more forward and see how that works for you.

A wise man knows when to revise his plans ...

1. Sell Del Ton (in process)

2. Buy KAC SR-15 (done)

3. Buy Colt 6920 (done)

4. Take carbine classes (scheduling in process)

5. Read more, post less (in process)

Not necessarily in that order.

I do appreciate the education I have gained from coming here. I do note that the bolt in the Del Ton is MP stamped, and I understand they are now MPI/HP testing all bolts individually, but mine has no indication of HP.

Here's the replacement. It's got a great feel and I really like the QD sling mounts. The two-stage trigger breaks beautifully and I like the ambi controls. I'd rather have the right-side safety lever scalloped out at the end so it doesn't stand so proud. It interferes a little with the trigger finger as is. On the other hand, it's real easy to use the trigger finger middle knuckle to flip to safe.

I replaced the A2 flash hider with a BattleComp, but haven't fired it yet with the BC. My buddy has a couple KACs with the Triple Tap, so I'd like to get out to the range with him and do some A/B side-by-side comparisons of the BC and TT.

I'm kind of disappointed though ... I can't bump fire the two-stage trigger ... :blink:

http://www.lincolndiagnostics.com/public/doug/guns/KAC/IMG_4869sm.jpg

jonconsiglio
04-19-11, 15:47
Enjoy the SR15. I have two and they're really nice guns. That ambi selector can get in the way, so order the scalloped right side from KAC or try the Bad-ASS selector with the hybrid right side IF it interferes with you disengaging the safety. The short right side still interferes a bit, but the hybrid and the short and thin models do not for me.

I have a couple BattleComps on different guns and T3's on my SR15's. For the money, you get a lot from the BattleComp. Enjoy it and get your ass to a carbine class ASAP!

Like gunz said, get that vert grip out a good bit farther, I'd at least move it to the middle, then make sure you're only using it as a stop for your last two fingers, at most.

mtdawg169
04-19-11, 15:53
Enjoy the SR15. I have two and they're really nice guns. That ambi selector can get in the way, so order the scalloped right side from KAC or try the Bad-ASS selector with the hybrid right side IF it interferes with you disengaging the safety. The short right side still interferes a bit, but the hybrid and the short and thin models do not for me.

I have a couple BattleComps on different guns and T3's on my SR15's. For the money, you get a lot from the BattleComp. Enjoy it and get your ass to a carbine class ASAP!

Like gunz said, get that vert grip out a good bit farther, I'd at least move it to the middle, then make sure you're only using it as a stop for your last two fingers, at most.

Jon, can you get the scalloped right side only lever from KAC or do you have to buy the whole ambi safety?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

lifebreath
04-19-11, 15:59

Yep. Already did that - was much better. I want to try the Magpul angled unit.

jonconsiglio
04-19-11, 16:13
Yep. Already did that - was much better. I want to try the Magpul angled unit.

I'll check on the scalloped selector for you. Here's my SR15 with the Magpul AFG 2, which I prefer over the AFG 1 because of the way I can configure the A2 finger nub. My middle and ring finger sit between the front and that nub, I put my index finger in front of the whole unit.

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee343/jonconsiglio/Forums/IMG_1233.jpg

lifebreath
04-19-11, 16:26
How'd you do the stippling? I like that.