PDA

View Full Version : Sons of Guns?

Reagans Rascals
04-20-11, 08:43
Sorry but going on bit of a rant here.

Am I the only person thats never heard of Red Jacket Firearms before their show on Discovery.

They are a joke. It is literally the worst show I have seen in a very long time. I was recently flipping through the channels and came upon an episode of Sons of Guns where they were "propositioned" by some guy claiming to be from the Navy for a weapon system to be mounted on a watercraft. They made a big stink about how if they get this right they will be granted a huge military contract. They took 2 shit ass M-16's they built, jerry rigged some coiled copper tubing they got from Lowe's and made a water cooling system that was fed into an old 5.56 can with a hole in the top.

So the day comes for them to deliver it. The guy shows up, and they say he is a, and i quote here, a "NAVY SPECIAL TEAMS GUNNER." Not a SWCC, SEAL, EOD, Riverine, or even a Gunners Mate in an SBU, but a Special Teams Gunner. Never heard of this in my entire life. My father was the CO of a PC at NAB Little Creek in SBU 20, and I've never heard of a Special Teams Gunner. To add insult to injury, he brought a man with him in old woodland style gucciflage, claiming to be an SF Armorer... as a gold bar... umm no.. sorry.. You aren't going to SF as a gold bar, you have to be at least 1st LT. promotable to Capt. Also... armorers are enlisted, not officers.

And lastly, even if these men were who they were claiming to be, I'm sure they would go to some half ass gun shop in the backwoods bayou to get service weapons. Despite the wide array of 240s, 249s, M2s, M134s, MK19s and other small arms they can simply draw from their own inventory.....

This show really is disrespectful to those in uniform. Making false claims just to gain ratings....

yeah yeah yeah I know I know.. if I don't like it I don't have to watch it... but how do you feel about this show

JSantoro
04-20-11, 08:48
We have enough freakin' Queens of Guns threads for one to be able to gauge the opinions of the M4C hive-mind.

Don't believe it? It's fact, no belief required.

http://m4carbine.net/gtsearch.php?cx=003496919632624929056%3Adhiwgm0hbaa&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=sons+of+guns&siteurl=m4carbine.net%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D79464#883