PDA

View Full Version : Any outdoor ranges around Mobile, AL?

Reagans Rascals
04-20-11, 11:12
Anyone know of an outdoor range in or around or within reasonable driving distance (less than 2 hours) to Mobile, AL.

I am looking for somewhere I can do more tactical focused training like IAD's, transitions to secondaries, multiple target engagements, and bounding/ peeling drills, so a typical 50 yard bench range really isn't conducive to that kind of training. At the moment I am just bumming around through people that allow me to shoot on their property. I have asked the local gun stores and no one knows of any out door ranges within the area.

Also an NFA friendly range would be ideal.

mikejg
04-20-11, 16:43
I haven't lived there for a couple years, but there used to be one across the bay, a few exits past the Daphne/Fairhope exit. I think it was called Styx River shooting center or something like that.

kwrangln
04-20-11, 22:14
http://www.firstclassarmstraining.org/

If you go during the work day when no one else is there you can play a bit with multiple targets. I need to talk to the owner next time I go to see if I can use my AR in the pistol range for some more moving and shooting.

Byrd
04-21-11, 04:19
I second the recommendation for Gunport (www.firstclassarmstraining.org). They're suppressor friendly, not sure of their stance on autos. Scott @ Gunport is good people though and probably would not mind.