PDA

View Full Version : Looking for civilian AR15 Armorer Class in Colorado...

Fried Chicken Blowout
04-21-11, 00:03
Not sure where to track down this info. Looks like Colt's armor classes are LEO and Mil only. So I'm looking for a civilian AR15 armors class. I've built several ARs now with information from the internet. I'd like to take an armors class and see what other information I can pick up. Anyone know of someone that's teaching an armors class in Colorado?

Any good and modern videos or books out there? I've seen some of the stuff from the 1990's and it's a little painful to watch. I was hoping there was something more out there... How about pitching this to MagPul, they could teach classes like this and put out a video on building ARs.

M4Fundi
04-21-11, 04:10
I would call The Firing Line and ask to speak to Richard Taylor or call over to Jensen Guns. These 2 shops can probably stere you to one. There was a small tactical shop that did not sell guns, only tac gear that offered one, but the name escapes me. Good Luck

Iraqgunz
04-21-11, 04:24
Bushmaster teaches a course that is open to civilians. Also do a search for Dean Caputo who teaches something similar.

seb5
04-21-11, 06:55
I would also watch for any of Sully's classes. he travels a lot and of the 3 armorer classes I've taken his was the best. It compares well to the longer Bushmaster and Colt classes.

Robb Jensen
04-21-11, 07:30
Not sure where to track down this info. Looks like Colt's armor classes are LEO and Mil only. So I'm looking for a civilian AR15 armors class. I've built several ARs now with information from the internet. I'd like to take an armors class and see what other information I can pick up. Anyone know of someone that's teaching an armors class in Colorado?

Any good and modern videos or books out there? I've seen some of the stuff from the 1990's and it's a little painful to watch. I was hoping there was something more out there... How about pitching this to MagPul, they could teach classes like this and put out a video on building ARs.

Most armorers classes don't teach you anything other than disassembly and reassemby of the topic firearm and many teach actually bad info. Many of the AR armorers courses only teach a USGI style gun because they don't have hours upon hours to teach you about the dozens of different rails, triggers, mounts, stocks available etc.

You'll learn much from Sullys, Dean Caputos and Ken Elmores classes and have very good up to date info. You don't really learn a lot of the methods etc of building ARs unless you actually do it. The combinations of stuff available currently would require a month long course. You learn by actually doing it. Theres's new stuff for ARs coming out almost daily.

I have many certifications for liability purposes since I'm in the business of working on guns, that way I have some legal ground if say some slapdick shoots himself in the leg with a Glock that I put sights on.