PDA

View Full Version : Robar grip texturing

xray 99
04-21-11, 21:46
Has anyone sent a Glock to Robar for their grip texture service? Opinions? Thanks.

mpardun
04-21-11, 22:35
I had Robar do a few things for my G29, trying to get the ultimate back-packing, all weather, back-country package:

Heavy Grip Texture
High grip
NP3 Slide/Internals
AroTek ghost rear / Ameriglo "Bowie" front (orange ring tritium)
3.5lb trigger
Robar log on slide

I am very pleased with the grip texturing, shootability and quality of work. This is the 4th gun that I have "Robar'd"

Prices are a little high, takes way too long (4+ months), but the quality and end product are worth the wait.

A REAL KEEPER!

mpom
04-22-11, 10:41
Sent a 19 and 27 to them around 10 yrs ago. Was very happy until about a year ago as grips got smoothed out from use.
Called them and they said "send them in and we will redo with newer, more aggressive pattern" as they have a lifetime warranty. Who am I to argue?
The re-texturing was done very well and am again very happy.
Funny thing is, the texturing on each frame is completely different!
One has fine "pointy" texture, the other has larger, less aggressive texture. Would guess that the texture/pattern depends on who is doing it, but maybe they picked the texture based on frame size; bigger frame got the larger, less aggressive pattern. No complaint, as both work well.
Bottom line, Robar is probably more expensive than some, but they stand behind their work, do it well and will likely be there in the future.

Mark

HK45
05-18-11, 11:00
I had a Glock 19 done for my ex-wife. Great work, stand behind what they do. Since they are in Phoenix I was able to just drop it off and pick it up. I don't think you can go wrong with Robar. They were doing Glock grip mods before it was cool.

okie john
05-18-11, 12:08
Prices are a little high, takes way too long (4+ months), but the quality and end product are worth the wait.

This.

Robar pioneered Glock grip reductions. I have a G23 that's had their frontstrap/backstrap reductions and high-grip modification. Now the grip feels like it's about the size of a K-frame Smith with Ahrends stocks. The grip angle is also more like that of a 1911, but is not exactly the same.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee68/okie_john/RobarG23Left.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee68/okie_john/RobarG23Right.jpg

I'm selling it because I'm switching to 9mm for carry guns, but I wouldn't hesitate to have them modify another gun for me.

Okie John

Cagemonkey
05-18-11, 18:18
Had a Glock 22 that I sent them years ago. Top quality, clean look. Like others have said, they were one of the original innovators as far as polymer frame pistol modifications go.

caddishatch
05-18-11, 21:06
I had them 3 years ago do a reduction on my G20. Man I love that gun. Perfect. However, I cannot remember how much it costs for reduction and texturing. Can anyone provide me with some information.

LanceOregon
05-18-11, 23:38
Has anyone sent a Glock to Robar for their grip texture service? Opinions? Thanks.

By all means if you send your Glock to Robar, get their NP3 Plus finish put on it too. If you are going to tie up your pistol for so many months, you might as well get more than just enhanced grip texture.

They are offering a 10% discount this month, which helps some with the high prices.

Here is my Beretta PX4 Storm after I got it back from Robar:

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s272/lanceJOregon/guns/_DSC6783b.jpg

trinydex
05-19-11, 07:34
I have a robared g17. I have the medium texture with full grip reduction. Its not super aggressive, pretty smooth actually. I like it the way it is. need to send them another g17 for grip chop and grip reduction.