PDA

View Full Version : Mexico wants to sue U.S. gun makers

ghostman1960
04-21-11, 21:50
CBS News has learned that the Mexican Government has retained an American law firm to explore filing civil charges against U.S. gun manufacturers and distributors over the flood of guns crossing the border into Mexico.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20056210-10391695.html

madisonsfinest
04-21-11, 21:53
And of course some US Firm will take the case to stick it to our own government in the interests of some foreign government

Belmont31R
04-21-11, 21:54
They should sue the ATF for Operation Fast and Furious which resulted in the death of BP Agent Terry.

warpigM-4
04-21-11, 22:13
On November 5, 2010 President Felipe Calderon expressed his frustration to CBS News correspondent Peter Greenberg: "We seized more than 90,000 weapons...I am talking like 50,000 assault weapons, AR-15 machine guns, more than 8,000 grenades and almost 10 million bullets"

HMMMM AR-15 Machine guns :confused:would that not be a M-16 which after 86 Most of us can't afford !! I say we mass email and call the American law firm,and thank them for the great job they are doing:blink:

ZRH
04-21-11, 22:20
Maybe they should close the border to stop all the evil American influence.

Abraxas
04-21-11, 22:26
They should sue the ATF for Operation Fast and Furious which resulted in the death of BP Agent Terry.

That would be great

Maybe they should close the border to stop all the evil American influence.
That would be great but the problem is, the American influence you speak of is where most of their money comes from.

HES
04-21-11, 22:32
Yep. And Terry's family should counter sue. The idea of Mexico having any voice in our court system galls me. However thanks to the justice system they now can :rolleyes:

warpigM-4
04-21-11, 23:09
Yep. And Terry's family should counter sue. The idea of Mexico having any voice in our court system galls me. However thanks to the justice system they now can :rolleyes:

I agree 100% the family needs to Sue Mexico for the Drug runners ,they are a "Product" of the country :rolleyes:

Moose-Knuckle
04-22-11, 02:15
So does this mean the US can sue Mexico for illegal narcotics and Hispanic criminal enterprises?

austinN4
04-22-11, 04:46
So does this mean the US can sue Mexico for illegal narcotics and Hispanic criminal enterprises?
Only seems fair.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-22-11, 04:46
Mexico needs to learn who is the bitch in this relationship.

"We seized more than 90,000 weapons...I am talking like 50,000 assault weapons, AR-15 machine guns, more than 8,000 grenades and almost 10 million bullets"

I wondered where all my grenades had gone to. I had them sitting next to my million bullets that I was going to reload into complete ammunition rounds. :rolleyes:

Aren't there over 250,000,000 guns in the US. So help me out that is 0.04% end up in Mexico? Isn't something like 20% of Mexico living in the US? More Mexicans own guns in the US that we have sent guns to Mexico.

150 years ago if this were happening, a bunch of Texans would go south and and take the place over and run it right. I think we should start using Predator drones over Mexico to take out cartel members. Prove we aren't just anti-muslim by vaporizing some of those sick bastards down there.

M4Fundi
04-22-11, 06:08
Why aren't we suing them for all the illegal aliens, drugs, criminals they are allowing to flood our country?

ZRH
04-22-11, 06:16
150 years ago if this were happening, a bunch of Texans would go south and and take the place over and run it right. I think we should start using Predator drones over Mexico to take out cartel members. Prove we aren't just anti-muslim by vaporizing some of those sick bastards down there.

We've done that. 3 times. And it was more than just Texans.

R/Tdrvr
04-22-11, 06:43
On November 5, 2010 President Felipe Calderon expressed his frustration to CBS News correspondent Peter Greenberg: "We seized more than 90,000 weapons...I am talking like 50,000 assault weapons, AR-15 machine guns, more than 8,000 grenades and almost 10 million bullets"

I wonder how many of those guns are issued weapons used to outfit their military and LE, that one: are stolen by the cartels after they kill mil and LEOs there, or two: are taken by corrupt mil and LE when they quit and go work for the cartels?

I dare say that the DOJ will probably have no problem with letting that lawsuit go forward however.

Scoby
04-22-11, 07:17
Mexico needs to learn who is the bitch in this relationship.

We need to get you nominated to a position to make this happen.

Scoby

Belmont31R
04-22-11, 08:06
I wonder how many of those guns are issued weapons used to outfit their military and LE, that one: are stolen by the cartels after they kill mil and LEOs there, or two: are taken by corrupt mil and LE when they quit and go work for the cartels?

I dare say that the DOJ will probably have no problem with letting that lawsuit go forward however.

The US Gov is the biggest exporter of weapons into mexico then the US Gov blames us gun owners for the violence there.

Their logic = lets send their LE/mil a couple hundred thousand guns, let the ATF allow known cartel purchasers to buy guns and tell the FFL to go along with it, lets refuse to do our constitutional mandate of the security of the US, and then blame all the problems on gun owners. :rolleyes:

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-22-11, 10:48
We need to get you nominated to a position to make this happen.

Scoby

Call me, "Cortez". Victor Davis Hanson's analysis and telling of Cortez's take down of the Aztec empire changed my life.

Irish
04-22-11, 11:57
Don't forget our government's complicity with the ATF and Project Gunwalker.

We should start an exchange program - They give us 1 gun back and we give them 1 Mexican back.

Honu
04-22-11, 12:49
Don't forget our government's complicity with the ATF and Project Gunwalker.

We should start an exchange program - They give us 1 gun back and we give them 1 Mexican back.

maybe we give them 10 back for every gun ? or we are going to get stuck with a ton of illegals ? :)

Artos
04-22-11, 14:39

it is a big majority & hopefully the main reason it will not move forward...you do not hear much reporting of what we are selling them or which guns recovered from dead narcos came from a govt purchase. It is selective reporting on this.

I would say you also need to add a 3rd scenario and that guns sold to the u.s. mexican govt are turned over to narcos before even taken out of the box.

This will really stick in my craw if it does indeed reach the courts.

Gutshot John
04-22-11, 15:14
No prima-facie case.

Dismissed.

Have a nice day

Don't let the door kick you on the way out.

Heavy Metal
04-22-11, 16:30

I seriously doubt they do now. The discovery risk on the Gunwalker thing is enormous.

Belmont31R
04-22-11, 21:54
They have been ignoring Congressional subpoenas so I doubt they would let a thing like discovery get in their way. They have all kinds of little rules that provide protections against the truth coming out. Just cite tax documents, pending legal/criminal investigation, executive immunity, and any number of other safeguards they have against their crimes and corruption.

We, on the other hand, have no such legal protection. Great system ain't it! :rolleyes:

Heavy Metal
04-22-11, 23:04
Yep, and ignoring those subpoenas is about to end. Congress can bring criminal charges and says they will bring those charges unless they start producing.

Belmont31R
04-22-11, 23:25
I have zero confidence anyone in the Gunwalker/F&F operation will be held accountable.

If you do a search you can find the thread where 2 ATF agents showed up at my door under Gunwalker asking to see all my guns. At the same time they showed up at my door they were authorizing sales to known cartel purchasers knowing the guns were going to the cartels in MX. Any agent or operative of the ATF/DOJ/FBI who thinks his neck is on the line will plea out for testimony, and the rest will be unaccountable. Too many people for not enough blame, and the top cats can just "resign" to get the heat off their back.

Abraxas
06-10-11, 14:51

At least someone is still looking at it

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/09/justice-officials-in-panic-mode-as-new-testimony-is-expected-to-reveal-depth/

VooDoo6Actual
06-10-11, 18:53
can we sue Mexico for bad water or pissing in the Corona's et alia ....

Notwithstanding, I do feel there should be accountability on our side and we should lead by example, not poor ones...

I too, have little confidence on internal agency justice prevailing.

Iraqgunz
06-10-11, 19:14
Someone correct me if I am wrong. Didn't Congress pass something that prohibits frivolous lawsuits against gun manufacturers?

Belmont31R
06-10-11, 20:11
Someone correct me if I am wrong. Didn't Congress pass something that prohibits frivolous lawsuits against gun manufacturers?

Yes, they did.

Misuse or illegal activity cannot be used in a suit against a gun manufacturer.

The_War_Wagon
06-10-11, 20:52
If they wanna go class-action on the BATmen though, I'm down for a signature! :D

ralph
06-11-11, 01:11

Yes, they did, However looking at our current leadership you don't think some silly law is going to stop them,do you?