PDA

View Full Version : Is there a 1-8x or 1-10x scope out there with FFP and MIL ranging?

Sgt_Gold
04-22-11, 01:04
The title says it all. Is there a 1-8x or 1-10x scope out there that doesn't cost over $2k? I just stumbeled upon the IOR 2-12x32, and it's almost what I'm looking for. I'm currently bouncing between an M68 CCO with a magnifier, and the TA01 ACOG, but I'd like something that lets me use 1x for CQB, with at least 8x for longer ranges. I also want an FFP and either MIL or MOA ranging. I used to sell high end camera optics and binoculars, so I'm familiar with high end glass. An 8x or 10x zoom range is on the upper end of current optic technology, so is what I'm looking for even an option, or am I chasing the wifflepoof? TIA.

Breadman
04-22-11, 01:22
That is a tall order. The problem is getting that the level of magnification you are asking for is very new and only been perfected by one company (Schmidt & Bender) to the best of my knowledge.
Nightforce has a 2x10 that is less than 2 grand, however; I think you can get where you want to be with a quality 3x9 and a Aimpoint micro in a 1 o'clock offset mount.

Sgt_Gold
04-22-11, 02:56
I think you can get where you want to be with a quality 3x9 and a Aimpoint micro in a 1 o'clock offset mount.

I'm comming to the same conclusion. There is no shortage of good glass in the 2-10x area that can be had for less then $1,400. The few scopes out there that actually fit what I wanted are pushing the $4k mark. I probably have almost $1,400 worth of optic toys that I'm switching back and forth on my current carbine anyway, so if I sold them off the switch could pay for itself.

bp7178
04-22-11, 03:09
The problem is getting that the level of magnification you are asking for is very new and only been perfected by one company (Schmidt & Bender) to the best of my knowledge.

Keeping in mind the 1-8x S&B hasn't been released yet.

ALCOAR
04-22-11, 03:40
Keeping in mind the 1-8x S&B hasn't been released yet.

If I had a nickle for every time Ive heard the SB 1-8x option referred to as some kinda actual tangible product with an already perfected set of spec's and performance yielded, I'd be rich. I also have heard about this already perfected piece of vaporware being released at a certain date on numerous occasions dating back as long as a yr. ago. Put your flame suit on as this particular piece of glass already has an occult like following. The whole reason it is getting continually pushed back isn't because it's perfected that much I can promise.

Buy a March 1-10x if you want something in a non vaporware form, it's a world beating optic whose technology is currently being reverse engineered most likely by certain other premium optic makers in order to release their particular 1-8/10x option.

ICANHITHIMMAN
04-22-11, 10:24
Horus vision blackbird fills that order

bp7178
04-22-11, 10:42
I think if Leupold can pull it off S&B can. Just because it doesn't exist on the retail market doesn't mean it doesn't exist for some.

The release dates getting pushed farther back is fustrating. If they manage to pull everything off, it will be a pretty bad ass scope. If.

I also wonder if the most current delay has something to do with their prototype getting pinched at the Shot show. Speculation of course.

If I had a nickle for every time Ive heard the SB 1-8x option referred to as some kinda actual tangible product with an already perfected set of spec's and performance yielded, I'd be rich. I also have heard about this already perfected piece of vaporware being released at a certain date on numerous occasions dating back as long as a yr. ago. Put your flame suit on as this particular piece of glass already has an occult like following. The whole reason it is getting continually pushed back isn't because it's perfected that much I can promise.

Buy a March 1-10x if you want something in a non vaporware form, it's a world beating optic whose technology is currently being reverse engineered most likely by certain other premium optic makers in order to release their particular 1-8/10x option.

ALCOAR
04-22-11, 11:39
This SB 1-8x isn't exactly like a SR71 blackbird program where the Military uses it for X amt. of yrs. and this us lowly civilians get a picture of it.

Speculation that this optic exists among special HSLD types doesn't surprise in the least...how else could these people be getting all giddy on the silly internet for a piece of glass that they have never even seen a spec sheet, held in person, or even meet another human that has seen or held one. I could care less, but this site isn't for vaporware and until SB proves it as in making a tangible product and widely releasing it into the market...I rather not here how this piece of vaporware is already world beating within the realm of optics.

bp7178
04-22-11, 12:18
Dude what the **** are you talking about? Do you get a check everytime you type vaporware? Is it some screwed up google scam?

I haven't felt that passionate about anything lately, let alone a company not releasing something...I don't know what you're talking about with spec sheets, they do exist. I really don't get why this is a debate. So what if it isn't released. It's an open forum, and you don't dictate it's content. If people want to talk about upcoming products, so what?

Time to put the train back on the tracks.

ALCOAR
04-22-11, 12:46
So what are the specs of the optic then, got any pictures...anybody done a writeup or review on one? The OP I believe is actually looking to purchase an optic.

bp7178
04-22-11, 13:00
Dude. Do your own google work. Contact/call Schmidt & Bender. There are fact sheets out there, and it's already on their LE/MIL price list.

There are videos/pics from Shot. Email the owner of CSTactical if you want to converse with someone who handled one.

Don't pretend your tirade has one thing to do with the OP. My first mention was to say it hasn't been released yet.

Time to unsubscribe from this trainwreck.

Breadman
04-22-11, 14:10
I have a spec sheet (for what it is worth) got it at the Marine Corps Expo/ Modern Day Marine @ Quantico in (I think it was) August. I was able to check out the prototype pretty thoroughly. I don't know why it hasn't been released for retail yet, but if this type of scope was on my list, I would wait for it.