for two, one day

AK OPERATORS CLASS

Thursday, July 7th, 2011
OR
Friday, July 8th, 2011

Both days from 0900 to 1800
Cost: $225

VICKERS TACTICAL AK COURSE DESCRIPTION
Topics covered include safety, stance, zeroing for iron sights and optics, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their rifle including field stripping and maintenance. Other subject matter that is covered includes reloads, presentation, shooting positions, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bulls-eye shooting. Malfunction drills and shooting on the move. Timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level. Instruction on the development of the AK and variations, as well as suggested modifications.

•Must shoot an AK or AK variant (Galil, Valmet, VZ 58 style rifles, etc.)
•Ammo: 500 rounds of rifle – Surplus steel core is acceptable
•Eye & Ear protection (electronic hearing protection is strongly recommended)
•Minimum four (4) high capacity AK mags
•Chest or belt pouch to hold 3-4 AK mags
•Serviceable AK sling- suitable for a variety of shooting positions
•Confirm rifle zero at least 50 yards
•Suitable range wear

There are no training pre-requisites for this course. The focus of the class will be on the Kalashnikov rifle and its operation. There will be no need for pistols. Class size is limited to twenty (20) slots each day.

Contact Scott Denniss at: sdenniss@att.net for further information and registration.

Additional information at the Greenport Tactical Association: http://gta.diablops.com/

wedgehead30
04-28-11, 17:35
This going to be a real fun class. I've been looking forward to it all winter.

Registration is now open to everyone regardless of club membership. I still have slots for either day but they are staring to fill pretty quickly. If you're waiting for the right time or on the fence, now is the time to jump.

Scott
:D

Larry Vickers
05-09-11, 20:15
Guys I am jumping in here to bump this class - this one day format should be a lot of fun and a perfect way to hone your skills with the Avomat

Looking forward to it and it will be here sooner than you think

See ya there

LAV

stony275
05-10-11, 01:33
I took this class a few years ago from Larry and I'm very glad I did. If you run an AK as your primary long gun, there's no excuse for not taking this. If you own an AK and occasionally run one, this is the perfect class to improve your proficiency with this platform.

GTA is a great facility. LAV+AK+GTA= A great training experience.

wedgehead30
05-10-11, 10:08
Folks, this is looking to be one of the best classes of the year at GTA. It's gonna just be flat out FUN! That's what we're all about at GTA. Exercising our rights with like minded people and having a great time in the process. I have a nice diverse group of shooters signed-up. All walks of life represented in these two days. So don't think you have to fit into a certain category to shoot this class. It doesn't matter what your level, you will have a good time and learn something in the process.

I've still got some open slots for either day if anyone wants to come down and have some fun. Plus there will always be the last minute cancellations, which is normal. Member or non-member, it doesn't matter, all are welcome.

The range is in great condition with some new improvements this year. Plus I've cooked up a few extra surprises for everyone. ;)

LAV + AK's = AGFT Don't miss out.........

Hit me with your questions: sdenniss@att.net

Scott :D

orionz06
05-15-11, 14:11
Is there an address for the club or proximity to Pittsburgh?

wedgehead30
05-15-11, 14:29
Is there an address for the club or proximity to Pittsburgh?

The range is located at 5169 Greenport Ave. SE, Canton, OH 44707. It's about a two hour drive from Pittsburgh. There are also reasonable hotels within 20 minutes of the range. If anyone needs pointed towards them shoot me an email. sdenniss@att.net

I still have some open slots for either day, if folks want to come. This is really looking to be a good time. Anyone who has shot with me knows I like to have fun on the range. So don't be shy if you're planning to come out. :D We'll be having fun while still getting something drilled into our noggins...

Scott

orionz06
05-15-11, 14:34
Cool. I am taking Larry's 2 day Carbine I in Pittsburgh that weekend. I have some vacation and 5.45 to burn, might make a kick ass long weekend. Lemme hammer out some other logistics and see what I can do.

wedgehead30
05-15-11, 14:45
Cool. I am taking Larry's 2 day Carbine I in Pittsburgh that weekend. I have some vacation and 5.45 to burn, might make a kick ass long weekend. Lemme hammer out some other logistics and see what I can do.

I've got slots, shoot all day Friday and then you can drive over to PA with Larry when we're done that evening. :D

Scott

wedgehead30
05-19-11, 20:25
I've got six (6) slots left for the Friday class. When those are gone that's all she wrote. How long they will last is anyones guess. Don't miss a chance to shoot with one of the best, especially if you're in the NE Ohio area.

It's gonna be a good time.

03humpalot
05-24-11, 15:19
Trying to get signed up right now.

wedgehead30
05-25-11, 00:17
I've got six (6) slots left for the Friday class. When those are gone that's all she wrote. How long they will last is anyones guess. Don't miss a chance to shoot with one of the best, especially if you're in the NE Ohio area.

It's gonna be a good time.

"Last Call"...three, strike that, TWO, strike that, ONE slot left for Friday and that's all she wrote. I can do a short notice stand-by list if someone wants on.
Scott