PDA

View Full Version : Deleted

davidjinks
04-22-11, 19:07

JChops
04-22-11, 19:30
First:

The dark olive finish is generation 3. According to Kevin B this is their best finish. (Gen 1 was raw satin inconel, Gen 2 was factory blackened but some faded and chipped, and Gen 3 is the dark olive color; same finish being used on the MAMS.)

Second:

Yes, the flats are top and bottom. No crush washer. But refer to the KAC instructions for your 3T installation, you can do it yourself with the right tools and accessories:http://www.knightarmco.com/manuals/triple_tap.pdf

Third:

I believe the 3T kit is supposed to include the shims. Mine all did. You can always buy KAC shim kit & rockset dose separately, the part number is: 96051

davidjinks
04-22-11, 21:19

Evil Bert
04-22-11, 21:37
Sorry but I am a bit confused by the OP's comment. The OP stated he has 1 NT4 FH and a 3T. Also he stated that he wants to run a suppressor. Okay fine. My question is, does the OP have two different rifles, one that he intends to install the 3T and one that will get the NT4? Can someone please clarify.

In any case, I know the 3T comes with a shim set and Rockset along with instructions. My assumption is that the NT4 would as well since it is designed to be used with the suppressor. You do not run crush washers when running suppressors.

RED THE F'ING MANUAL.

Belmont31R
04-22-11, 21:51
They should have some with a shim set and a little bottle of rocksett.

You shouldn't need to send the entire upper off to install a muzzle device. Its good to learn how to do it yourself.

Yes KAC did upgrade the finish on the finished 3T's. I have one of the first finished ones, and the finish is shitty. It flakes off and wears very quickly.

When using a can you always want to use shims. A crush washer will not crush comformly, and can leave the muzzle device canted on the barrel which can lead to a baffle strike. Id contact KevinB, and he should be able to get you the shim sets with rocksett.

When you install the muzzle device clean both the threads really well with a solvent like acetone, find the shim combo to get it clocked dry to about 2', add a few drops of rocksett onto the barrel threads, thread on MD, and use a 3/4" open ended wrench to torque. I align the flats with the rail so both the flat and edge of rail are parallel to each other. Can explain further if needed. The torque should be enough you don't need to strain to get it lined up but enough a little muscle is needed. My experience has been when you do the dry line up you want to leave a little bit of room because the rocksett will act as a lube, and make it easier to torque the MD down. If you dry run it, and the MD lines up at 1-1:30 you're not going to get enough torque once the rocksett is applied. You want right around 2' dry. Let the rocksett cure for about 24hrs before you do any shooting.

davidjinks
04-22-11, 22:09

davidjinks
04-22-11, 22:13