PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 Grendel Forum has returned

fastpat
04-22-11, 22:51
It's good to see it back.

6.5 Grendel Forum (http://www.65grendel.com/forum/forum.php)

Greybeard
04-23-11, 20:44
Grendel forum is back....Now maybe they can fix the cartridge. I bought Hornady ammo last October and it would not fit. They took it back but told me to deepen the chamber so it would fit.

Now they say it has changed again. Lapua brass is shorter.

Go figure

fastpat
04-23-11, 21:03
Grendel forum is back....Yes, the Grendel forum is back, that's a good thing.

Cold
04-23-11, 23:30
Grendel forum is back....Now maybe they can fix the cartridge. I bought Hornady ammo last October and it would not fit. They took it back but told me to deepen the chamber so it would fit.

Go figure

Chamber issues? I thought the 65 had only one chamber spec.

Glad the forum is back, I'm sure those guys there can explain the issue.

Fried Chicken Blowout
04-24-11, 01:41

Go figure

It seems to be an interesting setup. My Hornady ammo is about .003 over the max head space spec in the Wilson Case gauge. But when fired, my fired cases are about .008 over the spec of the case gauge. Seems like a lot of room to me for the case to expand and weird they the start out of spec in the first place.

Greybeard
04-24-11, 10:38
From what I gather it was the first run of ammo. It was longer and the bolt would not close. When called they told me to deepen the chamber.
Something was wrong somewhere. The 65 Site had pictures and links until it died. They supported the same problem. Hornady case was a different spec and they were working on it. There is new ammo out now and I expect they will deal with it at teh NRA show.

But something is/was up. in my opinion there has been a lot of work being done since Sept on the case.

We will have to wait and see. Glad there is still Lapua brass available. It fits all the older stuff.

And the 6.5 is one of the most efficient rounds out there, you just have to tweak it to fit your application...And have fun working it up.

Bill Alexander
04-25-11, 16:18
There is and remains a singular specification for the Grendel chamber and for the ammunition. Maximum cartridge/minimum chamber is established and continues to work well.

While anything produced in sufficient quantities will have a distribution of tolerances, companies running the first batch may experience wobbles this is to be expected.

Current Grendel production ammunition is within specification. We anticipate the advent of the steel cased ammunition will create problems again, at least initially. Equally we expect to see magazine issues when D&H comes on line.

Bill Alexander