PDA

View Full Version : Does BCM BCG come with a o-ring already on the extractor spring?

Acidskie
04-23-11, 15:13
Hate to say it but this is the first time I've broken down the BCG to clean it and when I pulled the extractor I don't recall seeing an O-ring on the spring, but I do have one that came with the BCG. Its individually sealed in the bottom of the bag the pre-assembled BCG came in.

Was this O-ring a spare and I lost the original or is the O-ring a option and not pre-installed on a the BCG?

Thanks for the help.

jackblack73
04-23-11, 15:24
BCM doesn't install the O-ring because the extractor spring is strong enough that it's not needed. However, they include it in case you want to use it.

Acidskie
04-23-11, 15:28
I've spent the last 20-30 mins searching for an O-ring that I didn't lose. LOL

Time to move the couch back! Thank you!

Slvr Surfr
04-25-11, 12:04
+1 with JB73

Mine came with but not on.

mike_556
04-25-11, 12:06
It comes with one but it is NOT required. I've never run one myself with 16"-20" rifles and have had very few problems. And those were magazine related.

markm
04-25-11, 12:15
Toss the o ring into the trash can.

OTO27
04-25-11, 12:23
Toss the o ring into the trash can.

I agree and so do the armorers at my dept. Dont remember exactly the technicalities behind it. But, when they used to allow guys to drop in O-rings on the dept ARs they began noticing rapid extractor wear and increased ejection/extraction issues.

kartoffel
04-25-11, 13:29
I agree and so do the armorers at my dept. Dont remember exactly the technicalities behind it. But, when they used to allow guys to drop in O-rings on the dept ARs they began noticing rapid extractor wear and increased ejection/extraction issues.

With a new, tight or underlubed gun, those damn o-rings can make the extractor so tight that it never snaps over the cartridge, and the bolt fails to go completely into battery.

Extractor o-rings have their uses, but they're no substitute for using a the correct spring in the first place.

Eric D.
04-25-11, 14:07
I wish someone could beat some sense into the o-ring advocates on TOS. Every time someone posts an issue with extraction, all they do is push those o-rings.

SWATcop556
04-25-11, 14:41
I wish someone could beat some sense into the o-ring advocates on TOS. Every time someone posts an issue with extraction, all they do is push those o-rings.

The definition of a lost cause. A losing battle my friend.

Stickman
04-25-11, 14:45

Who cares what another site does? People are going to listen to what they want.

Iraqgunz
04-26-11, 02:39
O-rings serve a purpose in some cases. If you are using them for a crutch, you are wrong. Now we can close this thing down.