PDA

View Full Version : MP9 Upgrades

brushy bill
04-23-11, 20:41
I have an earlier model MP9 (DTA Prefix) that I would like to bring up to current specs. Although the Apex parts are undoubtably an improvement, I am not inclined to add them as I really don't have a problem with the factory trigger. I just want to incorporate latest enhancements to design with factory parts. So far, I've replaced the black striker with the silver current gen version less prone to breakage. I also understand the sear block has been changed, but I don't know the extent of factory improvements between my generation and current generation. I have had no failures to date, but want to eliminate the potential for a "click" versus "bang" to the extent possible. Does anyone have a list of the parts that were changed? Looking for specific enough info to order the items if possible. From what I've discovered with search and watching these forums awhile, appears there is a sear block revision based on Mass compliant sear and the barrel no longer has the same configuration as mine which may improve accuracy. Any tips appreciated. Thanks as always, and for those who wish to comment this was covered elsewhere I can only say I couldn't find it.

Magsz
04-23-11, 21:46
You have a higher chance of running into a dud primer than you do running into the sear flutter issue.

If your gun works for cripes sake, leave it the hell alone....

Or, go practice clearing malfunctions. They happen with ALL pistol platforms and there is no way in hell you can determine when it is going to happen or for that matter, try to reduce the possibility of it, especially when you have a PERFECT track record.

If you want to do some routine preventative maintenance replace the following:

Recoil rod/spring.
Sear plunger and spring
Trigger return spring
Check your trigger bar for uneven wear. Replace if necessary.

Other than that, you're not going to really be able to do anything to fight the grim malfunction reaper.

Best of luck brother. If it aint broke, dont fix it.