PDA

View Full Version : Armorers course

Don Robison
10-02-07, 23:18
Not a tactics question, but a training one.
Has anyone attended the FN M16 armorers course? I'm going to attend either this one or another if someone has another certified course suggestion that is as in depth as the FN offering. I'm active duty so I can get into the FN course, but the Colt courses all seem to be LEO only which I can understand. I want to attend for both personal development as well as what will hopefully be professional development for my resume since I'm retirement eligible.
Thanks in advance for any insight you guys have.

Don Robison
10-03-07, 22:18
bueller, bueller...............
anyone??

My second choice was the Defensive Edge course because the class dates line up better with my schedule.

k9dpd
10-03-07, 22:41
I have been to the Defensive Edge one and it was a great class with a great instructor.

nationwide
10-04-07, 08:16
I took the Defensive Edge course. Two days worth... good stuff.

Classes that are "LEO only" are just plain dumb. If you only want cops in your class, quit ****ing advertising in the general public media. There are information channels that are limited to individuals with the qualifications you are looking for. :rolleyes:

markm
10-04-07, 08:40
I'd check SAW's website. If they have any courses scheduled in your area call Ken or Tina. They might make room for an active duty... especially it there's room in the course.

Don Robison
10-05-07, 00:43
Thanks for the input guys. I got an email back from Sully today and think I'm going to do the Defensive Edge course. It fit's into my schedule a little easier and I can get Glock and AR15 in a three day block.