PDA

View Full Version : DPMS quality

mizzougunner85
04-25-11, 01:09
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum but I'm certainly not new to the ar weapons platform. I own a few ar rifles and carbines and I have a lot of professional and personal experience and knowledge on this subject. Now I read a lot of these types of forums and I can't help myself because I must comment on the fact that I hear a lot of trashtalking about dpms. I own o few of them and I've had nothing but stellar performance out of them all.

Rattlehead
04-25-11, 01:12
That's nice, I wouldn't of come out from under the bridge with a post like that though.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=65729

ZRH
04-25-11, 01:29
Even before this forum was around DPMS were known to be questionable.

Evil1969SS>LS6
04-25-11, 01:32
"DPMS" and "Quality" go together 'bout as good as Ozzy Osbourne in a Spelling Bee...:rolleyes:

13MPG
04-25-11, 01:58
Do a little research on them and it should become clear on why they (and others) are regarded so poorly. There is a wealth of information here, you just have to search/ask. Anyhow, welcome to the site.

Magic_Salad0892
04-25-11, 02:13
I don't mean to call you out, or deliberately be offensive.

Be aware: I may be stepping out of my lane so please don't take offence...

But if you reeeeeally had professional experience, and you get out and shoot these a lot... you wouldn't be asking this question.

Not long ago at the range, I saw a DMPS (or as Rob has said in the past: Didn't Pass Mil Spec) user have three bolt lugs sheer off mid string of fire.

I've also seen many out of spec parts in their LPKs, crappy barrels, etc.

I see things like this... pretty often. Be it a parts breakage on a DPMS, a BM that just WONT. STOP. FAILING TO FEED. (Seriously, I saw a guy perform SPORTS 32 times in an hour of shooting. I counted.) And Oly that keyholes.

Or something else. Just go to the range and watch people. Pick out the dudes that are having malfs, and look at that rifles they're using. It's IME... REEEALLY common.

SWATcop556
04-25-11, 02:25
First off welcome to M4C. I'm glad you have a DPMS rifle that works for you and your needs. I have seen several that run well for their intended purposes and are what their owners wanted. I also have seen a dept purchase of rifles were most OTB had issues including a canted FSB, tight chambers even for a .223, and a host of small part issues. Not to mention the lower quality parts usage throughout their product line. My old department dumped those rifles and went with LMT.

Searching this site can and will answer a lot of your questions regarding DPMS and their reputation. Trust me when I first started shooting seriously I didn't believe it either until I saw it with my own eyes. The problems are real.