PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to say Thanks...

Athirst5IoN
04-25-11, 08:06
This may not be the appropriate place for this thread, but I would like to say thanks to the community on this forum. I've really learned alot from you guys here. Hopefully I'll continue learning and one day be able to contribute.

I now own a DD v5 with the lightweight barrel. I was hoping to zero in the DD front and rear sights this weekend, but one of my good buddies got married so I haven't had much time to shoot it. Needless to say right before I headed to the church Saturday morning, I stepped out in my back yard and ran through a clip real fast. I know, not enough to truly have fun, but I couldn't take it. Before the sights and ammo came in all I could do was break it down over and over lol.

I apologize if this isn't the correct place, but I have learned alot here and wanted to say thanks! :)

40Arpent
04-25-11, 09:14
Hopefully I'll continue learning...
...ran through a clip real fast.

You passed lesson #1 with flying colors when you bought the DD. Now, for lesson #2: it's a magazine, not a clip. ;)

Whiskey_Bravo
04-25-11, 09:20
You passed lesson #1 with flying colors when you bought the DD. Now, for lesson #2: it's a magazine, not a clip. ;)

I was going to point that out, but figured I would let it slide :D

Athirst5IoN
04-25-11, 09:25
lol thanks for pointing that out. Usually I do refer to it as a mag, but maybe out of habit I just typed clip :blink:

MistWolf
04-25-11, 15:10
Athirst5IoN! 15 yard penalty for Clipping!

The Cat
04-25-11, 15:29

:sarcastic::laugh:

Athirst5IoN
04-25-11, 15:41

:mad: bad call ref!

MistWolf, I'll have to admit that's a good one. I almost swallowed my gum :laugh: You're a very punny guy.

I feel like a dillweed :o

MistWolf
04-25-11, 15:44
MistWolf- Mild mannered poster and secret identity of- The PUNisher...

Athirst5IoN
04-25-11, 15:58
"The PUNisher" ... :sarcastic:

I would kill to have a witty comeback right now. Sadly your cleverness has left me feeling like a punk.

I may have tried to hard on that one :rolleyes:

browneu
04-25-11, 19:57
I completely agree with the OP and would like to thank everyone too. Perhaps there should be a thank you sticky thread for the newbies that appreciate the chart and all of the information on this sight.

Athirst5IoN
04-26-11, 08:02
I think that's a pretty good idea, browneu. I understand that alot of newbs have bad wraps on these boards, but not all newbies are unwilling to do research and learn. I'm sure the ones that are willing and wanting to learn owe some do thanks to the more educated guys here.

I'll have to admit the whole reason I made an account here was to use the orange search button :cool: