PDA

View Full Version : New AR Buttstock Wilson-Rogers SuperStoc!

wilsoncombatrep
04-25-11, 13:52
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/images/TR-SUPERSTOC-003.jpg
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/images/TR-SUPERSTOC-002.jpg
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/images/TR-SUPERSTOC-006.jpg

The Wilson-Rogers Super-Stoc™
Innovative Cam-Lock System Completely Removes Any Slop or Play Inherent with Collapsible Stocks
Will Fit Both a Mil-Spec or Commercial Sized Buffer Tube
Weighs Only 7.3 oz.
Rugged Enough to Pass a 36", Fully Loaded Drop Test

The Rogers Super-Stoc™ is the ultimate refinement in AR/M4 stock technology. The Rogers Super-Stoc™ is the most stable, collapsible stock available due to the innovative cam-lock system developed by Bill Rogers, famed shooting instructor, inventor of holsters, target systems, and other related products, and his staff of engineers. The cam-lock system completely removes any slop or play inherent with collapsible stocks. Once the desired stock position has been selected, the stock can be locked down solid simply by clicking the cam-lock lever upward. Pressing the quick-release lever will disengage both the cam-lock, and the detent pin, allowing you to quickly readjust the stock position. The innovative Super-Stoc™ also removes the guesswork involved with buffer tube sizes. Our stock will fit both a Mil-Spec sized buffer tube as well as a Commercial sized buffer tube with a few simple adjustments. Weighing in at only 7.3 oz, it is among the lightest stocks available, but rugged enough to pass a 36", fully loaded drop test. The Rogers Super-Stoc™ is simply the best collapsible stock for your AR style rifle.

Video here

http://blog.wilsoncombat.com/ar-style-rifles/introducing-the-rogers-super-stoc%E2%84%A2/?utm_source=Wilson+Combat+Newsletter&utm_campaign=ba3664d3db-Rogers_Newsletter_4_25_2011&utm_medium=email

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Super-Stoc-Carbine-Buttstock-Black/productinfo/TR-SUPERSTOC/

wahoo95
04-25-11, 14:24
Nice.......priced right between the Magpul CTR and MOE. I like the ability to fit Commercial and MilSpec Extensions.

rsxr22
04-25-11, 19:36
Pretty nice design!! Good price point as well!!

rezin23
04-25-11, 20:38
I see a lawsuit.

mhanna91
04-25-11, 20:42
I see a lawsuit.
I second this.

mhanna91
04-25-11, 20:46
And by the way, my MOE was rugged enough to pass a "30 mph off the top of a Volkswagen Jetta onto pavement, fully loaded" test.:sarcastic:

ALCOAR
04-25-11, 20:49
I def. don't see a lawsuit...I can name numerous things that are diff. about this stock than any other one that is being referred to as the "original" (moe/ctr type).

Last time checked, no stocks were avail. that could operate on both commercial and mil spec tubes,,,this one apparently works on either.

ROSS4712
04-25-11, 20:49
Damn that thing is ugly!

GIJew766
04-25-11, 20:55
I second this.

Yeah, a little too close to the "same thing" for me too. As much as I respect the guys over at Wilson, this doesn't seem like the best thought out product "development."

It would be nice if companies could develop their own product, rather than "slightly change" another company's stuff and market it as the next big thing.

H

Dave_M
04-25-11, 21:19
I like the ability to mount a sling at the top rear, something that always kept me away from the CTR. If I could ever get away from ACE I might consider one :p

In regards to aesthetics, it's not even on my list when choosing a piece of gear

R-762wt
04-25-11, 21:56
How is a 36" drop test significant? That doesn't seem like it is really testing anything.

wilsoncombatrep
04-25-11, 21:59
Yeah, a little too close to the "same thing" for me too. As much as I respect the guys over at Wilson, this doesn't seem like the best thought out product "development."

It would be nice if companies could develop their own product, rather than "slightly change" another company's stuff and market it as the next big thing.

H

The stock was developed by Bill Rogers to address the broken stocks he witnessed in his classes and from feedback from the field. We are marketing the stock, along with Bill (and others I am sure). It is a super tough, lightweight stock. It is a different material and has a different locking mechanism than others on the market.

I happen to know some people that think a PMAG looks a little too much like a Thermold also. Lets not get carried away!

GIJew766
04-25-11, 22:11
The stock was developed by Bill Rogers to address the broken stocks he witnessed in his classes and from feedback from the field. We are marketing the stock, along with Bill (and others I am sure). It is a super tough, lightweight stock. It is a different material and has a different locking mechanism than others on the market.

I happen to know some people that think a PMAG looks a little too much like a Thermold also. Lets not get carried away!

Perhaps it's just my lack of joy on the MOE/CTR to begin with, but it seems to me that not too much has changed, save for a few minor albeit significant details. Materials changed, and the locking mech is different, but aside from that, it's just a Wilson branded CTR to me.

As for the PMAG vs Thermold debate: The PMAG significantly improves in reliability. Until the new stock is out on the open market with real end-users, that analogy will have to be put on hold. If your stock outperforms a CTR in large-sample testing, I'll eat my words.

One more thing: Love your 1911s. Have a KZ sitting in the safe along with a CQB and damn proud of both.

FChen17213
04-25-11, 22:29
There is one thing I always desired on a MOE and this thing has it - a QD socket for a sling. I sort of see this between the MOE and CTR. Kind of like it has the QD but not the friction lock. I bet it'll turn out to be a nice piece of kit. What I want to know is how they make this fit both the mil-spec and commercial tubes if it still stays rock solid on a mil-spec tube and isn't too big in terms of fitting.

wilsoncombatrep
04-25-11, 22:30
As for the PMAG vs Thermold debate: The PMAG significantly improves in reliability. Until the new stock is out on the open market with real end-users, that analogy will have to be put on hold. If your stock outperforms a CTR in large-sample testing, I'll eat my words.

That was kind of my point-we sell and endorse PMAGS..we don't sell Thermolds. On the surface they are similar-in practice they are quite different.

GIJew766
04-25-11, 22:47
That was kind of my point-we sell and endorse PMAGS..we don't sell Thermolds. On the surface they are similar-in practice they are quite different.

Then it looks like I shall be reserving my judgement until such a time that the stocks have been put through their paces.

H

ALCOAR
04-25-11, 23:34
If you guys hate lower prices and less availability of whatever your current stock flavor of choice is, than by all means...let's discuss the aesthetics of this stock with Martha Stewart, and then we can call in Dick Swan to lecture on lawsuits.

I might not buy this stock, however I don't hate it's existence and hope it fails...to many brand/label soldiers these days, trying to protect their emotional investment in their current favorite kit. These guns and their kit evolve...not by vast swaths at a time but rather a more subtle and refined approach building upon good ideas.

The legal advice should not have a place here...imho.

Dunderway
04-25-11, 23:44
How is a 36" drop test significant? That doesn't seem like it is really testing anything.

I believe this is in reference to a USMC test which is said to have broken several very popular aftermarket stocks with the first drop, aside from the Vltor Emod which has a metal strike plate.

I'm sure someone here can add details/correct me.

aklaunch
04-26-11, 01:06
I like it!

Maybe i will buy one when it comes out?

Thanks for the review!

aklaunch
04-26-11, 01:10
let's discuss the aesthetics of this stock with Martha Stewart, and then we can call in Dick Swan to lecture on lawsuits.

.to many brand/label soldiers these days, trying to protect their emotional investment

Eurodriver
04-26-11, 01:25
I like it, and if I didnt already have a stock for my lightweight build I'd give it some consideration, if anything just to test it out.

Lawsuit? Hardly, the locking mechanism is completely different than the CTR. Did you guys even watch the video?

wilsoncombatrep
04-26-11, 06:44
I like it, and if I didnt already have a stock for my lightweight build I'd give it some consideration, if anything just to test it out.

Lawsuit? Hardly, the locking mechanism is completely different than the CTR. Did you guys even watch the video?

Why would anyone actually watch the video!:laugh:

Chameleox
04-26-11, 07:13
Why would anyone actually watch the video!:laugh:

Hey! I watched the video!

I honestly don't get the importance of having it fit both mil-spec and commercial receiver extensions. Users get 1 extension per gun, and usually don't swap stocks between guns. You'd think that a stock engineered for a specific diameter tube would be stronger than one that can be tinkered to fit a different diameter tube. I could be wrong on this, though. The only advantage I can see is that the plastic-smiths don't have to have a second mold or retool anything to make the stock. This seems to be more of an advantage to the manufacturer (you) than to the consumer (me).

The slight wobble in my MOE and VLTOR stocks doesn't bother me too much; I equate it with the play between the upper and lower receivers. Don't really care, doesn't affect my shooting, and sooner or later someone will come along and make a solution to this "problem".

glen
04-26-11, 07:22
I also happen to like the option of putting the sling on top. But that doesnt make it a must-buy on its own. Will be following these though.

ReaperAZ
04-26-11, 08:27
Pretty interesting concept. I like where the QD points are as well as the ability to mount the sling top rear. Good to see a company like Wilson throwing out some new stuff to compete.

rezin23
04-26-11, 08:45
Where can I find that USMC test, where they test the stocks?

hikeeba
04-26-11, 09:31
Pretty neato. I like it. The video was clear and concise, too. The only thing that I am disappointed with is that I couldn't get the shopwilsoncombat.com link to work.

I honestly don't get the importance of having it fit both mil-spec and commercial receiver extensions. Users get 1 extension per gun, and usually don't swap stocks between guns.

I usually don't swap stocks around, either, but that's because the collapsible stocks I have are all the M4 type. And I have those on both mil-spec and commercial receiver extensions. The wobble has never bothered me, but I have shot a friend's rifle outfitted with a CTR, and I did like the solid lock-up feature. But jeepers, since I have rifles with both commercial and milspec tubes, which CTR should I get? :confused: Enter the Wilson-Rogers SuperStoc. One stock that will fit whatever receiver extension I want. I'm pretty sure where i'd put it, but it is nice to have the option to swap it around. Nice.

mayonaise
04-26-11, 09:51
I see a lawsuit.

I think Bill Rogers and Bill Wilson both know a thing or two about design patents. :D

M90A1
04-26-11, 11:46
Last time checked, no stocks were avail. that could operate on both commercial and mil spec tubes,,,this one apparently works on either.

There is this one:

http://www.makosecurity.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GLR16&Category_Code=_stks

wilsoncombatrep
04-26-11, 21:25
Fixed the link for the superstoc

dreaded UBB code