PDA

View Full Version : Built in BUIS on Trijicon MRDS question

glen
04-26-11, 07:08
I am planning to take the RDS plunge on my carry G19. Planning on using a first gen Trijicon Red Dot, the older re-badged Jpoint with a back up rear iron sight built in.

What happens if the windage is off on the built in iron sights when these are low mounted and centered on a pistol slide? I assume you cant drift these like normal irons?

MrMiller
04-26-11, 08:54
I am planning to take the RDS plunge on my carry G19. Planning on using a first gen Trijicon Red Dot, the older re-badged Jpoint with a back up rear iron sight built in.

What happens if the windage is off on the built in iron sights when these are low mounted and centered on a pistol slide? I assume you cant drift these like normal irons?

Are you referring to the painted line/notch centered at the rear of the unit?

If these happen to be properly located with the front sight then they perform the BUIS function.

If not, and you don't have a movable front sight then they are just something visual for your eye to use when aligning the RDS I suppose.

Are you planning on not having suppressor sights installed?

glen
04-26-11, 09:51
Exactly right, the notch built in to the rear of the unit.

As the first gen Trijicon MRDS have a notch built in, I was thinking I can use the MRDS built in rear notch as a back up rear sight and retain the stock Glock front sight as a back up front sight.

But if this back up iron sight setup does not shoot POA-POI, is there any way to adjust it to do so? Not sure if it's possible to adjust for windage since the MRDS (and consequently the rear notch) is centered and fixed to the top of the slide?

I would love to just get a current gen RMR and tall suppressor sights but the budget just isnt there at this time.

MrMiller
04-26-11, 17:27
mine in bold

Exactly right, the notch built in to the rear of the unit.

As the first gen Trijicon MRDS have a notch built in, I was thinking I can use the MRDS built in rear notch as a back up rear sight and retain the stock Glock front sight as a back up front sight.

But if this back up iron sight setup does not shoot POA-POI, is there any way to adjust it to do so? Not sure if it's possible to adjust for windage since the MRDS (and consequently the rear notch) is centered and fixed to the top of the slide?

You are correct there would be no way to adjust for windage or elevation.

I would love to just get a current gen RMR and tall suppressor sights but the budget just isnt there at this time.

The cost of the suppressor sights is actually a small part of the overall cost of the RDS and it's installation.

But, you could have your RDS installed and later purchase suppressor sights and either have them installed or do them yourself.
I will install them for you for the cost of return shipping if I install the RDS.

lasvegasone
03-04-12, 09:40
I've read many places about the suggested use of the AmeriGlo supressor sights on the TSD Glock slide, but not found any specific part number, height, width, etc.

Does anyone out there have this info? :help:

I perfer all black front and rear. No dots, no colors.