PDA

View Full Version : Maybe problem with eotech reticle

kymudder08
04-27-11, 20:11
So I bought an eotech xps 3-0 from a local gun shop. It's not a fake I can assure that. But there's a question about the reticle. It's the normal 1 moa dot with the 65 moa circle. Well, to the left is a really faint and fuzzy ghost half circle connected to the actual circle. It's at any angle u look at and the reticle never changes shape. What could this be? It first really bug me but if there's an issue I wanna fix it. Thanks

Hmac
04-27-11, 20:21
Eotech customer service is really good. If you have questions, I'd certainly call them.

P2000
04-27-11, 20:28
Mine does the same thing, except the ghost is off to the right. I think it is normal because in order to see it, you have to turn up the brightness to a ridiculous level. If you turn the brightness down, it disappears.

kymudder08
04-27-11, 20:35
Thanks that's good to hear. I figured it's just a glare so oh well. Just sighted the gun in and I love it. I don't think I'd like the aimpoints any better other than aimpoints looks, weight, and battery length.

P2000
04-27-11, 20:49
Thanks that's good to hear. I figured it's just a glare so oh well. Just sighted the gun in and I love it. I don't think I'd like the aimpoints any better other than aimpoints looks, weight, and battery length.

No problem. As far as aimpoint, I want to get a micro some time this year...always on is the main reason why.

Here are two tips I have for sighting in the Eotech or any RDS.

1. Look through your rear BUIS. It makes the reticle more sharp, especially if you have any slight eye issues.

2. Turn the brightness down so that you can barely make out the dot on the target. The lower the brightness, the smaller the dot appears.

Doing this I have surprised a few people with the size of my 100 yard groupings. Then turn the brightness back up and you are zeroed.

kymudder08
04-28-11, 14:15
Thanks guys. That's how I sighted it in. Pretty good group with wolf 62 grain hp