PDA

View Full Version : Magpul ACS / CTR Friction Lock

MarkG
04-28-11, 09:13
I am a fan of the CTR and recently picked up an ACS. The ACS doesn't lock-up as tight as the CTR on the receiver extension of my Colt SBR. Anyone else run into this?

Dos Cylindros
04-28-11, 10:34
I am a fan of the CTR and recently picked up an ACS. The ACS doesn't lock-up as tight as the CTR on the receiver extension of my Colt SBR. Anyone else run into this?

Yes, I had the same experience with the ACS I had. I have an LMT receiver extension and my CTR is a bit more firm than the lock on my ACS. Don't really know why though.

aklaunch
04-28-11, 12:45
I have an LMT lower too with the ACS stock on it and it is a slight bit sloppy. In reality though it does not change my shooting. I have an LMT SOPMOD on my other rifle and it is bomb proof tight.

But i still like the bigger ACS stock better for cheek weld and comfort.

g-men10455
02-18-12, 14:16
For what is worth I too have a "sloppy" fit when locked.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"- Benjamin Franklin

Quiet-Matt
02-18-12, 14:38
You can easily tighten the lock. Dissasemble the lock by removing the roll pin, remove the lock and pry out the large pin in the metal locking clip. Place the metal lock in a vice or use vice grips to gently close the gap slightly. Little at a time testing along the way. You'll find the sweet spot where it's just right. Its a pita to open the gap so try not to go too far. This is an easy adjustment to make and only takes a few minutes.