PDA

View Full Version : Surefire 674 light

frbowers
10-04-07, 13:59
I'm getting my Colt 6920 set up and am considering the Surefire 674 light which mounts on the front sight base. I would appreciate feedback from forum members on this arrangement. I realize that this is not the "hot set up", but I want to stay with the factory handguards.

Thanks.

nationwide
10-04-07, 15:23
Looks good, not priced out of this world either.

I'm looking for something similar for my 16", as I too want to keep regular hand guards on it.

Although, I'm no fan of the tape switch. There may be a clicker cap or some other type of switching available...

Looks good though.

frbowers
10-04-07, 16:05
I thought it looked like a nice set up too. Seemed like about the best option to use while retaining the original handguards.

11B101ABN
10-20-07, 22:09
I thought it looked like a nice set up too. Seemed like about the best option to use while retaining the original handguards.

necropost.......

I have one and I can say that it's GTG. The tapeswitch issue can be tricky because the front sight post mount is a right hand model. I never had an issue with the tape switch and was able to eliminate the velcro by experimenting with different size strips of innertube. Worked ike a champ for me.

frbowers
10-21-07, 03:29
Thanks 11B. Now if I can just find someone who actually has one of these things in stock!

frbowers
12-10-07, 04:23
I finally received this light yesterday and got it mounted to my 6920. Seems real solid and looks like a good option if you want to keep factory handguards.