PDA

View Full Version : 6.8 Stag SPC

Hchi
04-28-11, 20:26
Just received my Stag 6.8 SPC, everything seems good, but it is a little tight. The bolt is not fully locking into battery if I ride the charging handle. I cleaned it up and it seems a bit better. I have heard some of the Stag upper had some head spacing problem. I have 4 other 5.56 builds and never experienced the tightness. Hoping it is just too new. I'll test it out next range day and see what happens.

PlatoCATM
04-28-11, 20:53
Is there a question here?

It's never advised to ride the charging handle forward; doing so could very well prevent a perfectly ok rifle from going into battery depending on how much you are restraining the charging handle. If you are genuinely worried about head space, then you wouldn't be shooting it. Shooting a rifle with questionable head space isn't what I would call "testing."

Assuming that you and your rifle make it through the testing phase, I'd like to hear how the rifle shoots with good ammo.

yellowfin
05-05-11, 10:56
I too am very interested to hear how this upper works, as I'm inching closer to one myself, either a Stag or a Bison Armory rather than dropping 50-100% more $ at a time when $ is a bit more scarce than I'd like it to be.

carbinero
05-05-11, 13:50
You may want to mic your ammo necks. That was a problem for a few different boxes of factory ammo in my 6.8.

Hchi
05-07-11, 17:00
No problems with the functioning. The gun was new and tight. Functioned flawless, but I only fired a box (20rds) of Hornady 110 Vmax through it. Used the factory C products mag supplied by Stag. I did not sight in gun and was shooting at our 25yrd pistol range. Did a few quick adjustments to the front sight and BUIS.

Stag 6.8 spc 16" carbine upper/fixed sight post/A2 hider
Stag Bolt/carrier
C3 defense lower
RRA LPK
Knights Carbine rail with KAC fore grip
Magpul - Moe stock, moe grip, ASAP plate, rail covers
GG&G BUIS
(weight of gun no mag and ammo 6.8 pounds)

I was thinking of changing my 6.8 by using a troy MFR 12, GG&G front filp sight, troy low gas block, stag comp, and a nice scope.