PDA

View Full Version : SCAR 17S modified to take Pmags

zacbol
04-29-11, 09:18
I know many are still frustrated by the lack of available and affordable magazines for the SCAR 17S. I've seen at least one (unsuccessful) attempt at modifying FAL magazines to work with the SCAR.

Last night, I stumbled on this on FnForum where a gentleman *appears* to have modified his SCAR 17S to take PMAGs:
http://fnforum.net/post231021.html#231021

I have about 12 FN magazines and have no interest in modifying the magwell of a $3k gun. Additionally, I'm a bit dubious as to whether this actually functions (I'd have to see video to believe it) but interesting nonetheless. Thought others might be interested to see this if they're more technically inclined and brave than me.

QuietShootr
04-29-11, 09:36
A stripped lower is like $50, so it might be worth trying.

zacbol
04-29-11, 09:52
A stripped lower is like $50, so it might be worth trying.
I haven't seen spare parts available anywhere--though I've only looked online and not very hard at that. Where are these available?

QuietShootr
04-29-11, 12:53
I haven't seen spare parts available anywhere--though I've only looked online and not very hard at that. Where are these available?

I haven't tried it, but just call FNH and try to order one. I've heard several times that they're selling spare parts.

scottryan
04-29-11, 13:31
Anyone modifing the SCAR to take a magazine other than a SCAR magazine is a moron and they should not be given any attention.

The people that have trouble finding SCAR magazines are people who want to have trouble, so they can use a cheaper magazine in their ****ed up way of irrational thinking.

They also have too much time on their hands.