PDA

View Full Version : PTMP9 Trigger failure to reset

glockem
04-29-11, 12:58
Hey all,
I shoot one of the PTMP9 pistols and have been very happy with it. I have about 1200 rounds through it. Recently, I am experiencing a trigger failure to reset during rapid fire exercises that I am unable to duplicate during slow fire. The pistol is cycling a new roung into the chamber, but the trigger is not resetting. When I release the trigger, it still does not reset (I though I might be causing the failure by not allowing full trigger movement). My only option is to cycle the pistol, ejecting a good round, at which time the trigger resets.
Any ideas? Could I be causing this? Is there any part I should check? It has happend several times and I'm very concerned as this is my concealed carry gun now.

Thanks,
Tex

Urabus23
04-29-11, 13:12
Does the PT have an upgraded sear?

I think this is common with the performance center upgrade or other sears. S&W has a new sear housing black and a bigger plunger that fixes the failure to reset.

beastfrog
04-29-11, 16:03
The PT version has the PC sear.

Dead trigger (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=63723). Search this site or google it. Lot's of posts about it and what you can do to remedy.