PDA

View Full Version : Just Watched The Royal Wedding...And It Was Awesome...

SteyrAUG
04-29-11, 21:12
Damn near every cop on the route had an MP5A3. If you paid close attention you could pick out an SA80s now and then, and if you looked very hard those guys on the rooftops weren't there for a good view of the dress.

But the fly over was awesome, a Lancaster bomber and two Spitfires.

I just don't think some of you are watching this thing correctly, glad I DVR'd it.

:laugh:

Mark71
04-29-11, 23:01
http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/royal_042911/bp28.jpg

SteyrAUG
04-29-11, 23:39
http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/apr2011/0/4/image-1-for-royal-wedding-flyover-gallery-186831284.jpg

ZRH
04-29-11, 23:55
Yah I saw the Lancaster, was very cool. I also liked how they had 'the rest' of the guests in mini-buses at the back of the parade.

Definitely know how to put on a show.

ETA Pics
http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/csm-photo-galleries-images/in-pictures-images/2011/04/royal-wedding-day/21/10034074-1-eng-US/21_full_600x400.jpg
http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/csm-photo-galleries-images/in-pictures-images/2011/04/royal-wedding-day/22/10034089-1-eng-US/22_full_600x400.jpg
http://www.reuters.com/resources/r/?m=02&d=20110429&t=2&i=400200918&w=&fh=&fw=&ll=700&pl=390&r=2011-04-29T203531Z_13_LR2E74T13R03K_RTRRPP_0_BRITAIN-WEDDING
Heat casualty?

ALCOAR
04-30-11, 00:41
You can see mp5's, AR SBR's, etc., at any major sporting event on any given night in any given city in the U.S......seeing those guns only reminds me that I'm not allowed to own them, so seeing my local leo carrying them has never thrilled me:(

Before many Auburn Football games they do flyovers with numerous fighter's, so does every other major college program...nothing impresses me about the spectacle they put on today.

For the record, I also don't watch American Idol, Dancing with Stars, Jersey Shore, or any other equivalent programming to the Royal Wedding coverage.

The Cat
04-30-11, 00:42
After all the hell that's been on the news lately - weather, wars, meltdowns, etc., it was nice seeing something pleasant for a change.

That Lanc gets a resounding **** Yeah!

ZRH
04-30-11, 01:23
For the record, I also don't watch American Idol, Dancing with Stars, Jersey Shore, or any other equivalent programming to the Royal Wedding coverage.
Yeah this isn't a gameshow and it's not hollywood crap. I wouldn't sit through the whole thing but the highlights are pretty cool.

SteyrAUG
04-30-11, 03:09
You can see mp5's, AR SBR's, etc., at any major sporting event on any given night in any given city in the U.S......seeing those guns only reminds me that I'm not allowed to own them, so seeing my local leo carrying them has never thrilled me:(

Before many Auburn Football games they do flyovers with numerous fighter's, so does every other major college program...nothing impresses me about the spectacle they put on today.

Yeah..but the DRESS.

:sarcastic:

Seriously, you are going to counter the wedding with football? A bunch of former gang bangers who get paid millions to play childrens games where the primary skills are "run fast" and "catch ball"?

If I had to choose I'd take the wedding, at least I only have to put up with that silliness once every 15 years or so.

And those cops don't own those MP5s either. They probably shoot their ARs far less than you.

armakraut
04-30-11, 06:13
Spitfire, Lancaster and a Hurricane.

Hurricanes could take a lot of damage, they were made old school, fabric and wood covering steel tubes. Durable and easily repairable compared to an aircraft with a primarily aluminum structure. Cannon shells would pass through the fabric without causing much damage. Accounted for the majority of air victories made by the RAF in the Battle of Britain. Not as fast as a spitfire, but more nimble than it or the '109.

theblackknight
04-30-11, 08:22
http://www.reuters.com/resources/r/?m=02&d=20110429&t=2&i=400200918&w=&fh=&fw=&ll=700&pl=390&r=2011-04-29T203531Z_13_LR2E74T13R03K_RTRRPP_0_BRITAIN-WEDDING
Heat casualty?

DUH, females always go down first

The_War_Wagon
04-30-11, 08:34
http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/royal_042911/bp28.jpg

Wow... they're all decked out for a late '80's Bruce Willis movie! :p

Armati
04-30-11, 09:06
DUH, females always go down first

Everytime, guaranteed, no question.

Safetyhit
04-30-11, 09:13
Seriously, you are going to counter the wedding with football? A bunch of former gang bangers who get paid millions to play childrens games where the primary skills are "run fast" and "catch ball"?

If I had to choose I'd take the wedding, at least I only have to put up with that silliness once every 15 years or so.

This has got to be one of the strangest things ever written here. It's either sarcasm mixed with spin on an epic level or just flat out scary.

I'll assume it's sarcasm for your sake. :)

Honu
04-30-11, 11:10
Why scary ?

Can say football basketball and other team sports like that are lost on me ? Never even know what season it is ?
they most all do seem to be thugs do crap and get away with it seems to be the American royalty the way people treat them ?
Sadly I must say

Most of the sports people are prickheaded loosers and used to take a lot of them diving and not one big sports person was friendly ?

Most of the hollywood folks were quite nice though ?

I much prefer motorsports etc...

bubba04
04-30-11, 11:14
I would love a Mp5.

What side arm are they carrying?

J-Dub
04-30-11, 11:28

They're just happy they actually get to finally CARRY those evil guns..lol

SteyrAUG
04-30-11, 13:44
This has got to be one of the strangest things ever written here. It's either sarcasm mixed with spin on an epic level or just flat out scary.

I'll assume it's sarcasm for your sake. :)

The reality is I give football, basketball and the like as much significance as I would professional Hide and Seek or All Star Hopscotch. They are all childrens games and we pay some very reprehensible people millions of dollars to play them and then allow kids to worship them as role models.

The only athletes I can watch are some events in the Olympics.

mhanna91
04-30-11, 13:51
I would love a Mp5.

What side arm are they carrying?

The one in the center has what looks like Glock mags on his left side of his belt. Can't tell on the others.

mhanna91
04-30-11, 13:53
The reality is I give football, basketball and the like as much significance as I would professional Hide and Seek or All Star Hopscotch. They are all childrens games and we pay some very reprehensible people millions of dollars to play them and then allow kids to worship them as role models.

I completelty agree, but I couldn't really give two shits about the wedding either lol.

SteyrAUG
04-30-11, 13:56
The one in the center has what looks like Glock mags on his left side of his belt. Can't tell on the others.

That would be my guess. Interestingly enough, those MP5s are semi ONLY trigger groups.

Safetyhit
04-30-11, 14:42

Goodness, that's harsh. But actually football is an adult game played by children as well. And as someone who played it for 5 years on an adult level I find your assertions rather ridiculous. Might I guess you weren't much the athlete as a young man?

Sure many football players are overpaid and some are flat out jerkoffs, but there are many good men mixed in with the bunch too. Like most I find the superb athleticism combined with the physical aspect of the game to be worthy enough a spectacle to overlook the imperfections.

And sorry but weddings bore the fu*k out of me. Couldn't possibly care less, especially that overdone, self-indulgent farce.

Honu
04-30-11, 15:16
If someone likes football thats cool :)

But its not very athletic ?
I used to race MX way back in the day full factory ride and raced in nationals etc...

Funny in HS coaches tried to say I was a pussy ? Look up the most physical demanding sports in the world
Soccer rugby mx are all in the tops according to most good research
Even sports illustrated had something years ago about that mx rated 2 behind soccer
Football was way down the list
Reason short burst followed by recovery
MX you are on all the time
Look at the football teams their are some fat ass people that can only work for a few minutes and are tanked ?
Look at any pro mx racer or soccer player you wont see one out of shape person
Agree their are some good people in those sports but sadly they are the rarity more than the norm

Would much rather follow the tour de france and such

Again no disrespect just these football types are overpaid over rated etc.. IMHO

ZRH
04-30-11, 15:31
Goodness, that's harsh. But actually football is an adult game played by children as well. And as someone who played it for 5 years on an adult level I find your assertions rather ridiculous. Might I guess you weren't much the athlete as a young man?

Sure many football players are overpaid and some are flat out jerkoffs, but there are many good men mixed in with the bunch too. Like most I find the superb athleticism combined with the physical aspect of the game to be worthy enough a spectacle to overlook the imperfections.

And sorry but weddings bore the fu*k out of me. Couldn't possibly care less, especially that overdone, self-indulgent farce.
Amazing how many people are hostile to a wedding, one in which a significant number of the participants are actually upstanding citizens who serve their country. Very American virtues for a foreign monarchy. :laugh: If weddings bore you why click on the thread?

Football players are frequently marketed as role models and people "overlook" a lot of what they do because it makes good entertainment. This isn't a pissing contest.

SteyrAUG
04-30-11, 15:46

I'm sure professional hide and seek played by adults could get rather intense. But it is still a childs game played by adults.

I wasn't an athlete as a kid in the sense that I wasn't on any teams except for a brief stint in gymnastics as I had some talent for pommel horse. But this was a complete lack of interest rather than lack of capacity or ability. I played football with my friends in the neighborhood, but even that held little interest for me. I have been involved with the martial arts most of my life however.

And trust me when I say we played just as hard.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5295/k10vh.jpg

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4730/k22hx.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5566/k32zp.jpg

My buddies have the pictures where they are kicking the snot out of me. Black eyes, bloody noses/lips, bruises and other similar injuries were weekly occurrences. Suffice to say that a few of the kids we knew who did play on the football team (who weren't jerkoffs) that trained with us, well we earned their respect. They were just more into football than martial arts so they did their thing and we did ours.

There was a time when it was mostly good men, those days are gone. The guys I knew growing up who were into it were serious jerkoffs and that is probably why I had little interest in associating with them. Professional athletes (NFL, NBA, etc.) seem to be mostly reprehensible thugs. I actually feel sorry for any decent person who has to share a team with them.

I don't actually care about weddings. Thankfully they aren't every damn weekend.

And I understand I am generalizing here. I'm not saying every single person who plays professional sports earns my criticisms. The sad fact is that way too many do. Unfortunately we are a long way from Roosevelts "fields of honor where men are made" and the Pat Tillman's are the rare exception.

Moose-Knuckle
04-30-11, 17:12
Styer, good thread man! I too enjoyed the Royal wedding for the reasons you mentioned and the history of it all.

And I agree with those who have shared their views on "professional athletes". Grown ass men playing kids games getting paid millions of dollars, only thing worse are the owners. Then again if the sheep quit paying their hard earned money on tickets, jerseys, and the like we would be having this discussion. Entertainment for the masses, no different that Rome's Circus Maximus. . .

Safetyhit
04-30-11, 18:55
If someone likes football thats cool :)

But its not very athletic ?

You're welcome to your opinion, but your words absolutely guarantee you never played a full game (or likely even a partial one) of football. I rode dirt bikes too and it doesn't even compare to the exertion of a game of football, especially full tackle. Not even in the same realm.

And by the way, dirt bike riders are small in stature for a the same reason jockeys are.

Safetyhit
04-30-11, 19:03
I'm sure professional hide and seek played by adults could get rather intense. But it is still a childs game played by adults.

No sir, once again it was conceived by adults for adults. You just don't seem to want to believe that for some reason.

And trust me when I say we played just as hard.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4730/k22hx.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5566/k32zp.jpg

Cripes man, the way you're being launched around it looks as though you're being repeatedly kicked by the incredible hulk. Was there a little extra drama going on there? Maybe a rope tied to your waist for effect?

:D

Honu
04-30-11, 19:18
You're welcome to your opinion, but your words absolutely guarantee you never played a full game (or likely even a partial one) of football. I rode dirt bikes too and it doesn't even compare to the exertion of a game of football, especially full tackle. Not even in the same realm.

And by the way, dirt bike riders are small in stature for a the same reason jockeys are.

Yes you are entitled to yours also :)
I imagine you were not a pro in either ?

I was a pro in MX
Highest was 5th in nationals
Just football with buds never on a pro level and played many complete games but then again HS football does not count top level college would count to become a pro

Had two good buddies that played pro football ? one has a superbowl ring ;)
The one with the ring was a very close friend like over at his house all the time kinda friend ha e a good idea what these guys are about

Again sorry football is way down the list compared to MX ?
Again sports illustrated did a great articles some years back soccer rugby was first MX was second
Riding bikes with buddies is like playing flag football with your buds in your backyard
You obviously know little of pro motocross ?
They are not like jockeys :) thats funny

And I am talking pro against pro here
In a race you are all out for the complete moto no rest at all trying to control a heavy machine

Football you huddle stand on the line most all short burst of energy a few run but most block are done walk around go huddle

Not saying they are not in shape

Used to hear stuff like this from the jocks that had no clue or were not on a pro level
Being a physical demanding sport does not mean other sports dont take skill ?
Look at golf major skill

MMA most of the players are massive in shape some are not some are kinda fat butnstrong guys still tougher than nails

Look at some footballnteams you have some kinda chunky types on them ? Same as baseball

You wont see that on a soccer team or really even on a basketball team or the top bicycle racers and mx guys

Honu
04-30-11, 19:24
Steyr those are some serious fun pics :)

Trajan
04-30-11, 19:30

Triathlons impress the hell out of me, and I find biathlons interesting. I enjoy tennis, and that's about it. Played football for a year, but it got old quick.

Coach:" Hit that guy really hard"
me: "okay..."

Moose-Knuckle
04-30-11, 19:55
I was a pro in MX
Highest was 5th in nationals

I buddy in HS ran MX (not pro). His dad was a pro back in day, my friend had some of the most ripped abs I have ever seen. He had the whole "He-Man" muscles going for him down his ribs. He explained to me that his dad had a workout that he kept a family secret that built that specific muscle group up. Helped with pulling the bike up in jumps so he told me. I have to admit I was surprised at the level of fitness MX guys and BMX'ers are.

ZRH
04-30-11, 20:03
You wont see that on a soccer team or really even on a basketball team or the top bicycle racers and mx guys
*cough*Ice hockey/Lacrosse*cough*

I liked hitting people with sticks >.>

jwfuhrman
04-30-11, 20:19
Hockey players are some of THE toughest people. Football players go out on injuries that Hockey players shrug off and are back out on the ice 30 secs later with the next line change.

Safetyhit
04-30-11, 20:43
Ok, so no one here believes that for the most part professional football players are great athletes possessing a substantially higher degree of toughness. And let us not forget that they are almost all bad people in general.

Look, my days of playing semi-pro football in the late 90's are behind me (sadly) and I no longer consider myself one of them. It's surely nothing personal, I guess some of the perceptions here are baffling to me.

Wait, I'm in the "I Love The Wedding" thread, not the "Can Someone Tell Me Why I Care" one. That explains everything. My mistake, sorry folks.

SteyrAUG
04-30-11, 21:28
No sir, once again it was conceived by adults for adults. You just don't seem to want to believe that for some reason.

I'm not attempting to suggest they were invented by children, I'm saying it is something mostly played by children.

Cripes man, the way you're being launched around it looks as though you're being repeatedly kicked by the incredible hulk. Was there a little extra drama going on there? Maybe a rope tied to your waist for effect?

:D

That is actually me doing the launching in those pics. The ones where I am airborne were kept by my friends. And no we didn't have a wires and pulley system, we weren't quite Shaw Bros. yet.

:sarcastic:

SteyrAUG
04-30-11, 21:37
Ok, so no one here believes that for the most part professional football players are great athletes possessing a substantially higher degree of toughness. And let us not forget that they are almost all bad people in general.

OK, let me try this.

After devoting 30+ years to the martial arts I probably have as much respect and reverence for it as anyone. That said I think most "professional martial artists" such as UFC guys are ****ing retards.

There is no question they are strong. There is no question they are skilled fighters. There is no question they have talent. But way too many of them are still ****ing retards.

I simply don't understand any person with X amount of years who STILL has something to prove. I don't understand any talented person who has managed to attain a level of skill who is still a ****ing jerkoff as a person. I am mystified by anyone dedicated to attaining a rare physical skill who will do drugs and things like that. And I completely don't understand anyone who has "made it" and gets to do what they love for a job and then ****s it up because they are essentially and undesirable person who isn't capable of not being some kind of criminal.

Thankfully most legitimate martial artists are not like this. And I suspect if there was some amateur "non pro" football league where people played for the sake of the game, you would also have a much better class of person involved. So it probably isn't the sports themselves, but the people who are involved in professional sports.

But even then I still can't take it too seriously. I'm much more impressed by a good gymnast on a high bar than a guy who can throw a ball through a hoop better than the next guy.

Scoby
04-30-11, 21:40
Football is not all about stamina although that is a part of it. Short bursts of energy sure. Have you guys ever seen some of the hits even the college guys take, not to mention the pros, and go back to huddle for the next play? Some make me cringe.

And Steyr, no offense honestly, but it looks like you got your ass handed to you as a kid. :D

Outlander Systems
04-30-11, 22:25

The amount of awesome, contained within that statement is righteous.

Every time I even come within distance of an idiot box pumping out "sports" my IQ drops at least 6-14 points, immediately.

I absolutely, and completely, loathe "sports".

SteyrAUG
05-01-11, 00:58
And Steyr, no offense honestly, but it looks like you got your ass handed to you as a kid. :D

Psst, I'm the kid in black. That said, I did have my days where I was the kid on the ground looking up wondering what the **** just happened. There are actually some spectacular pictures of me eating a "**** that hurt" sandwich, I just don't happen to have them.

There is even one I have no memory of at all where I walked head first into a spin hook kick. In the picture I am actually already knocked out (not conscious) but still sorta standing. So yeah, some days I did get my ass handed to me.

one
05-01-11, 01:15
Fun thread. Looking at the wedding LE pics I think what comes to mind is that they can break out all the armament in the world for the royal kinfolk, but average everyday brits settle for being protected by guys with little sticks.

As a side note, a friend I used to talk to in London online told me that their motorcycle officers carried Glock 17's. I suppose he's accurate, he was a native of the city there.

Honu
05-01-11, 02:20

Look, my days of playing semi-pro football in the late 90's are behind me (sadly) and I no longer consider myself one of them. It's surely nothing personal, I guess some of the perceptions here are baffling to me.

Wait, I'm in the "I Love The Wedding" thread, not the "Can Someone Tell Me Why I Care" one. That explains everything. My mistake, sorry folks.

never said they were not great athletes ? I am saying the sport is not as demanding as others thats all :)

ZRH
05-01-11, 03:40
Fun thread. Looking at the wedding LE pics I think what comes to mind is that they can break out all the armament in the world for the royal kinfolk, but average everyday brits settle for being protected by guys with little sticks.

As a side note, a friend I used to talk to in London online told me that their motorcycle officers carried Glock 17's. I suppose he's accurate, he was a native of the city there.
Police in the UK have never been armed except in certain circumstances. It's just a different style of policing, you also see a ton more foot patrols compared to the US. They do carry CS spray and use it a lot though, nothing like getting that on your clothes minding your own business >.>

Scoby
05-01-11, 06:54
Psst, I'm the kid in black. That said, I did have my days where I was the kid on the ground looking up wondering what the **** just happened. There are actually some spectacular pictures of me eating a "**** that hurt" sandwich, I just don't happen to have them.

There is even one I have no memory of at all where I walked head first into a spin hook kick. In the picture I am actually already knocked out (not conscious) but still sorta standing. So yeah, some days I did get my ass handed to me.

Sorry, I must have read over the post that identified you.

And make no mistake, I've had my ass kicked too. Not Kung Fu style, but it was still painful. Painful to remember too.

skyugo
05-01-11, 19:06

i was gonna say, for a country that hates guns, the cops in britain sure are tac'd out :eek:

Safetyhit
05-01-11, 21:52
The amount of awesome, contained within that statement is righteous...

I absolutely, and completely, loathe "sports".

Where would one begin...

Nevermind. Once again all are welcome to their own opinion. But to "loathe" organized sporting events and also chastise sports fans in general as all being dopey idiots in indicative of some sort rather odd, likely subliminal social issue.

SteyrAUG
05-01-11, 23:58
Where would one begin...

Nevermind. Once again all are welcome to their own opinion. But to "loathe" organized sporting events and also chastise sports fans in general as all being dopey idiots in indicative of some sort rather odd, likely subliminal social issue.

You probably shouldn't take it personally. Some people feel exactly the way you do about WWF and NASCAR. Suggesting that people who feel that way must have some underlying social issue is in itself potentially some kind of underlying social issue.

Perhaps you should just continue to watch sunday football and enjoy it with the understanding that a lot of us honestly do not understand the appeal and we happen to think the whole damn thing is ridiculous.

It's about as important as finding out a bunch of people don't like the kind of music you like. And if you don't happen to like the kind of music I like, it won't change anything on my end. And even if you actually despise the kind of music I like, I won't make suggestions about the kind of person you might be or that you may have some underlying social issue which prevents you from liking my music.

decodeddiesel
05-02-11, 00:06
I agree, it was a hell of a show and I did enjoy watching the highlights.

Haha, in the words of Penn Jillette "**** all sports".

ZRH
05-02-11, 01:31
i was gonna say, for a country that hates guns, the cops in britain sure are tac'd out :eek:
Everyday cops at airports and train stations there usually are blinged out in HK gear. It's actually kinda strange because their gate security is nothing like in the US, no pat downs, no body scanners, the rules about carry on is clearly posted.

ZRH
05-02-11, 01:42
Where would one begin...

Playing sports is infinitely more fun than watching them. Fans who apparently have only one topic that they can discuss semi-coherently or who live vicariously through through their sport of choice are loathsome.

armakraut
05-02-11, 01:54
"I hate all sports as rabidly as a person who likes sports hates common sense." - H. L. Mencken

I don't necessarily agree with this, but I'll be damned if it isn't the meanest thing ever said about sports, or people that like them.

Boss Hogg
05-02-11, 10:26

Have you ever been to London?

Skyyr
05-02-11, 11:59
Have you ever been to London?

It's a liberalized socialistic cesspool. Why would anyone want to go there?

Magic_Salad0892
05-02-11, 13:42

So many great quotes on this thread. I think this is my favorite.

markdh720
05-02-11, 21:20
This discussion has gone waaaaay of topic.

Here's how I'll bring it back:

I'd give Pippa my "tippa". :D
http://cdn.brobible.com/images/buzz/pippa-middleton.jpg

05-03-11, 08:46
Somethings wrong. Not one comment about Middleton being hot? Only a shot of her quite ****able sister?

Here's one sport we can all agree on: Sport ****ing either of the sisters would be great. How about both together?:p Two "sports" I could really get behind.

jonconsiglio
05-03-11, 09:03
seeing those guns only reminds me that I'm not allowed to own them, so seeing my local leo carrying them has never thrilled.

Why aren't you allowed to own them? I own a full auto/2 round burst/semi MP5 and SBR's - which you have one as well, so you must be referencing the MP5.

As for the wedding, my wife owned a high end clothing store for a number of years, so she had it on to watch the fashion. I watched a few minutes of it as well. Glad to see a "commoner" marry a prince. Though it does nothing for me, I'm sure this was huge over there.

I think it was interesting to see the wedding live, as it is to see an inauguration or it was for many to see Prince Charles and Princess Diana. Those hats the women were wearing were a little weird, but my wife loved it so I sat and watched a little with her. Also, some of the tradition was interesting to see as was the carriages and all of the guards, etc.

As for the guns, I don't know much about their police there. Not sure exactly why we see so many MP5's when there are obviously better choices, but still interesting. I have a couple friends that lived for many years in London and they loved it. They are club owners though and weren't ever into firearms until recently. The only thing they ever really cared about was night clubs, women and partying, so they look at it completely different than I do.

The English way of life has always interested me a little as some of the things they do just seem so different.

ETA - since this thread is bouncing all around, here's a pic.

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee343/jonconsiglio/Shooting/DSC_1722-Edit.jpg

Boss Hogg
05-03-11, 09:11

Oh, I don't know. The history, perhaps? The civilization and traditions that spawned the United States? The War Museum? The kick ass pubs? Overpriced hotels, and ripoff taxis? The lack of Applebees?

As for socialistic cesspool, I guess you don't like American cities. Whatever floats your boat.

jonconsiglio
05-03-11, 10:05
Personally, I'd like to visit to see the history, the old castles. Traveling to Rome and seeing where the "games" were played and to the Myan ruins and seeing where all of this incredible stuff took place is amazing and traveling to a place like London shouldn't be missed as much as I hate the laws. I try not to even travel through states where I can't carry. As much as I hate it, I'm not going to let it stop me from seeing things that can't be seen here.

I've been putting off visiting my wife's best friend because there's no reciprocity between her state and Texas.

My wife and I are talking about Egypt or what I'd like would be Scotland and England, the places where the things we read about took place like a Queen's beheading, for example or famous battles. There's just so much to see and I'm not limiting myself anymore because of my political views. I've used to go to Mexico quite a bit when I lived in L.A., but haven't been in 7 years, since I was 24, due to a move and now the violence there.

There's so many places we'd like to see and I just have to deal with going without and dealing the with stuff i don't like so we can experience those places. With my 6 year old daughter and 20 month old son, we have to wait a bit to take them, at least my son, on different trips, so we've not gotten out in a couple years. As soon as we can again, which should be within the year, I'm not letting my views get in the way of these great experiences. I've let it get in the way of a lot of stuff and I just don't want to let that happen any more, at least to the degree it did before.

chadbag
05-03-11, 11:48
With my 6 year old daughter and 20 month old son, we have to wait a bit to take them, at least my son, on different trips, so we've not gotten out in a couple years. As soon as we can again, which should be within the year, I'm not letting my views get in the way of these great experiences. I've let it get in the way of a lot of stuff and I just don't want to let that happen any more, at least to the degree it did before.

He won't remember it but you can take your 20month old son on some of these trips if you are wanting to go.

We took my son to Japan to visit family when he was 7 months old and the daughter to Japan when she was around 20 months old...

Just bring a good lightweight stroller like a good McClaren (or however it is spelled)

Dennis
05-03-11, 16:42
There's just so much to see and I'm not limiting myself anymore because of my political views...
...I'm not letting my views get in the way of these great experiences. I've let it get in the way of a lot of stuff and I just don't want to let that happen any more, at least to the degree it did before.

Good for you. I think you will find that people around the world basically feel the same as all of us and are basically stuck with the government they got. They are just trying to get by and do the best for their family and friends. If you can go and visit it helps them as well as provide you with life enhancing experiences.

Dennis.