PDA

View Full Version : HK P30 Grip

Cosmo M3
04-30-11, 08:13
P30 owners,

I was curious on how you guys grip your P30 (esp. With your weak hand thumb support). I have small hands and currently using a medium backstrap with large sides.

I'm currently experiencing an issue where my shots are going slightly to the left, but i dont have this issue with my G19 or M&P. I dont believe it's my trigger technique, but i dont have enough support with my left hand? I use the thumbs forward grip on all my guns.

Any advice would help.

Thanks

chilic82
04-30-11, 08:29
I just press my strong hand thumb into the the topside of my support hand thumb. Seems to help me keep my thumb away from the slide stop.My weak hand thumb goes just forward of where the slide stop lever is beveled toward the frame.

Kool Aid
04-30-11, 08:36
Thumbs forward, weak hand thumb riding the rail, Large backstrap and Medium palm swells on both my P30 and P30ls. My hands are large, but shooters with small hands have no trouble shooting in this configuration. I was less accurate in varying degrees shooting it with different grip configurations. Small inserts gave me the poorest accuracy.

My strong hand thumb tends to ride the slide release lever on my V3, resulting in frequent failures of the slide to lock back after the last round is fired. My thumb rides the safety lever on the LS, and the slide always locks back.

LDM
04-30-11, 13:14
My strong hand thumb rests right in the smooth part of the grip below the slide release. I had some issues with the slide release failing to engage when I tried a higher grip. I even put a P2000 slide release on my P30, as it is shorter.
My heel of my weak hand is on the side of the grip, and these fingers overwrap my strong fingers, so I have the entire grip wrapped. With this grip, my weak thumb ends up on the scalloped, forward section of the bottom of the trigger guard, providing a minor degree of lateral support.
I know technically a higher grip has benefit, but the placement of the slide release makes this problematic for me.
To get my weak thumb forward to the rail surface, I am losing contact with the grip side panel and therefore do not have the entire grip wrapped.
To drift off topic just a tad, has anyone tried sanding the rough parts of the grip panels? Or some other way to tame the roughness of this grip? With weather now getting warm, I seem to be getting a P30 rash on my love handles. :blink:

F-Trooper05
04-30-11, 13:56
Thumbs forward, weak hand thumb riding the rail

This.

Six oh Nine
05-01-11, 00:24
thats funny you have post this, i own a P30 and a G19 and going from the G19 to the P30 i have only noticed my shots improved, the P30 just forms to my hands

Cylinder Head
05-02-11, 15:52
I use Massad Ayoob's "crush grip" on my HK's because of their elongated slide releases. Strong thumb curled downward, support thumb curled down on top of strong thumb.

I use the medium backstrap with large palm swells. It belongs in my hands.

badness
05-02-11, 17:12
i have xxl hands and use the small/small straps lol. My weak hand thumb also rides on teh rail. When i have a tlr 3 attached to it, i like to press my weak thumb against the light where it's attached to the rail. It's kinda like a reference point. I need more practice with it as well though. I can't hit shit with it in double action. Single action on the other hand is quite nice.

Six oh Nine
05-02-11, 22:32
I can't hit shit with it in double action. Single action on the other hand is quite nice.

This took me a while to get used to, but after a while it starts to just flow, infact i kinda dig it