PDA

View Full Version : NRA Calls For Holder To Resign...And For Good Reason

Safetyhit
04-30-11, 10:11
I'm sure most here remember the Justice Department concluding that 90% of the weapons used by the Mexican cartels were coming from the United States recently. No one but the uninformed really believed it then, but now that "Project Gunrunner" has been exposed these statements are extremely troubling regardless.

One can't help but wonder what these people are really up to anymore. They allowed weapons to go to Mexico and even lost track of them, yet indicated that the only way to stop the flow was to reinstate a ban. This is simply atrocious from several angles and, if even partially true, people need to be held accountable.

I still believe the NRA doesn't do enough where it matters most, but that said I'm glad they're doing this right now. The truth needs to be exposed on this one big time.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/29/nra-holders-resignation-project-gunrunner-allegations/

Moose-Knuckle
04-30-11, 17:23
Good, I have been following the story since it broke. Hell POTUS ought to resign after this but who am I kidding. . .

VooDoo6Actual
04-30-11, 21:03
Yep, it sucks BIG time indeed....

ralph
04-30-11, 21:22
The way I see it, they are using Joesef Gobbels school of propaganda tactics...As Gobbels himself once said "Repeat the same lie over and over again, without varying from it, and sooner or later people will begin to accept it as the truth" This is exactly what's going on. We have a Adminstration that is'nt too concerned with legality, or rule of law, but rather ruling, period, and they will use any method they deem nessessary to achieve that goal. If Obama is reelected, look for a full scale assault on our 2A rights..After all, second term means he has nothing to lose..

The_War_Wagon
04-30-11, 21:25
Are they calling for Holder to turn himself into US Marshals AFTER his resignation? I would. :mad:

Outlander Systems
04-30-11, 22:36
I don't remember a lot of the details, because, at the time, I didn't get too much dirt on it, it's even fuzzier because it was about a year or so ago, but, that being said, it's making more sense.

A buddy and I were at a local fun store, and one of the employees mentioned that they had a weird sale earlier that day. Apparently a Hispanic individual had come in wanting to buy every AK they had in the store. Paid cash. I seem to remember him mentioning that he had notified the ATF, as this was not very typical of the average customer.

Apparently, the individual had been, essentially, driving around town to every gun shop in the area, and buying up AK-47s hand-over-fist. The ATF told the guy in the shop to let the sale go through, and that the Bureau would monitor the dude.

At the time, I assumed he was a straw purchaser for Mexican gangs in a couple of counties over (Gwinnett). I'm starting to doubt that.

HES
05-01-11, 00:04
Ive been watching this since the start of the year. The only think I can think of is that this will be allowed to simmer right along until October or so of next year.

ralph
05-01-11, 09:37
Ive been watching this since the start of the year. The only think I can think of is that this will be allowed to simmer right along until October or so of next year.

Exactly,by that time they'll have enough "evidence" to demand a another ban..Hence my propaganda statement..They'll keep demanding another ban in the mean time, and cite all the cartel activity on the border as the reason why, as part of conditioning the sheep as to what's coming...The sad thing is most folks in this country will probably go along with it. The most damning thing of all is, it would be fairly easy to close the border, and keep those people on their side of the fence. But, I guess that makes too much sense...

HES
05-01-11, 19:39
Exactly,by that time they'll have enough "evidence" to demand a another ban..
Actually I meant quite the opposite. I meant that Grassley will let this play out until then and then ramp up the rhetoric in an effort to damage the Obama re-election campaign and his entire administration.