PDA

View Full Version : My trip to Wal-mart

sandman99and9
04-30-11, 14:39
Had a strange encounter at my local wally world yesterday. I was on my way home from picking up my 2 boys and stopped to pick up a few things for dinner.

We are in the dairy section to get cheese and some older guy comes up to me and says " hey, you got a spike's AR ?? "

I was wearing a Spike's t-shirt and just kind of casually said yes and went on with my shopping.
Btw, I like the t-shirt (the one with a pic of a M4 and says kills jihad on contact)

Next thing this guy is like
" you got a spike's AR and don't want to talk about it? your full of shit !! "

So I guess because I choose not to have discussions about my firearms with random strangers in wal-mart I am full of shit ??

Driving home thinking about it I thought that he was some Arftard and was waiting for the " pics or it did not happen " comment or maybe he could hoist the bullshit flag :D

I wonder what his screen name is over on TOS ??

S.M.

ST911
04-30-11, 15:05
Wearing such things tends to invite notice and dialogue. Sometimes it's harmless, sometimes it's unwanted. Best to avoid it.

Honu
04-30-11, 15:27
My reply would be

Nah I just got the shirt from a buddy ? Thought it was cool looking I Dont know anything about these things nor can I afford them sadly said with a shrug and smile turn walk away

I dont have much clothing like this ? M4C hat thats about it

Most likely you are right :)

theblackknight
04-30-11, 15:42
you should have countered with "do you fix lazer jet printers?

Honu
04-30-11, 15:44

Hehheh thats good :)

sandman99and9
04-30-11, 15:49

Hahaha, I like that.

I was busy shopping and trying to remember what we needed at the house.

Gotta love it when someone wants you to tell them all about your stuff in a wal-mart. No thanks.

S.M.

rob_s
04-30-11, 15:58
Wearing such things tends to invite notice and dialogue. Sometimes it's harmless, sometimes it's unwanted. Best to avoid it.

Bingo.

SteyrAUG
04-30-11, 16:58
I wonder what his screen name is over on TOS ??

S.M.

I was just gonna say.

:sarcastic:

I made a post on TOS almost 10 years ago warning of the pitfalls of EBRs becoming too popular. I've seen what the gomer contingent can do to activities that were once sorta underground and populated by knowledgeable participants and then made popular.

Moose-Knuckle
04-30-11, 17:19
Funny, I just have started buying a bunch of outdoor gear t-shirts to avoid wearing my firearm related t's. Most of the sheep won't know what the hell a t-shirt means anyway but there is always that one. . .guess he found you.

In the movie The Expendables (wasn't very good IMHO) Stallone were a Patagonia hat LOL and a World Wildlife Fund t-shirt in one scene. . .:D

sandman99and9
04-30-11, 18:04
I was just gonna say.

I made a post on TOS almost 10 years ago warning of the pitfalls of EBRs becoming too popular. I've seen what the gomer contingent can do to activities that were once sorta underground and populated by knowledgeable participants and then made popular.

His comment to me just made me think of the normal shit you see on TOS:p

I have had that old shirt for 2 yrs now, never had anyone even make a comment on it before.

I don't wear it looking for a reaction I just find it humorous. I am in that damn walmart way too much but it's right around the corner from my house and 9 times out of 10 I am wearing something baseball related due to 2 sons playing L.L.

S.M.

SteyrAUG
04-30-11, 18:37
The messed up part is when I wear my BangBros t shirt to walmart, hot chicks never try and start up a conversation with me.

DragonDoc
04-30-11, 21:00
The messed up part is when I wear my BangBros t shirt to walmart, hot chicks never try and start up a conversation with me.

Wear your BangBros t-shirt and bring a video camera with you. Then the ladies will notice you. :sarcastic::D:D:laugh:

Outlander Systems
04-30-11, 22:50

Dude, I want to have a beer with you. You've been knockin' 'em out lately.

As for the topic, I make it a point to avoid anything with a logo on it. I ain't gonna be somebody's billboard, unless I'm drawing a paycheck for it.

Ed L.
05-01-11, 01:11
I was wearing a Spike's t-shirt and just kind of casually said yes and went on with my shopping.
Btw, I like the t-shirt (the one with a pic of a M4 and says kills jihad on contact)

Next thing this guy is like
"you got a spike's AR and don't want to talk about it? your full of shit!!"

You should have told him that you are a moderator at M4carbine.net.

Then he would have started screaming at you for banning him under all of those different screen names.

The Cat
05-01-11, 01:56
I had to make a late ammo run to Wally World this evening. I was buying some .223 and the guy in line next to me made a small comment in approval of my selection.

Me: "Eh, my AR likes it; that's all I care."

He: "Mine does too."

a pause

Me: "What kind of AR do you have?" (as soon as the question was out of my mouth, I regretted it)

He: "It's a BCM."

I smiled and shook the man's hand.

ST911
05-01-11, 14:23
Glad I was at home when I looked up "BangBros" and not at work. Turns out it wasn't a clever name for a shooting club. So to speak. :D

13MPG
05-01-11, 15:07
Glad I was at home when I looked up "BangBros" and not at work. Turns out it wasn't a clever name for a shooting club. So to speak. :D

Lol, now that is funny.

Mr. Goodtimes
05-01-11, 16:00
It only makes sense that one would run into a spikes fanboi in a Walmart...

Outlander Systems
05-01-11, 16:44

Never try and look at kayaks from Dick's Sporting Goods at work. The website is not what I assumed it was...

LHS
05-01-11, 16:49
Some years ago, I bought a few boxes of WWB 9mm at Wally World. The homeboy behind the sporting goods counter was pleased with my choice, saying "Yo, that's what my homies an me put in our gats!"

Sadly, "People of Wal Mart" are a reality.

J-Dub
05-01-11, 18:21
Had a guy think my Calico Jack magpul shirt was about pirates of the carribean......i lol'd.

obucina
05-01-11, 21:22
i was standing next to a dude at the car washing waiting for my truck to get done and he was sporting a BCM cap. I glanced at it a few times and asked if he had one of their rifles, got a yes answer, repsonded with a "they make good -hit" and walked to my truck.

Armati
05-01-11, 21:34

You might have better luck with a MILF Hunter shirt.

But seriously...

Anyone in the personal security business will advise you against shirts with messages or advertising, bumper stickers, and vanity license plates. This is just good PERSEC.

Honu
05-01-11, 23:00
a while back bought some rounds at walmart ? WWB 9mm

checking out had some other stuff in the cart and did not think to much about the price but seemed to not hit me so hard
got home and looked at the receipt and realized the guy must have thought their was half the number of boxes in a case :)

good thing they hire people that can't do math :) hehehheheeh

I think I was buying about 5000 rounds ? forgot now how much but a decent amount

part of me thought I should go back and be honest the other part of me won out and put the money into more .223 :)
another part wondered if he would do it again and I should try and go get 10000 rounds :)