PDA

View Full Version : Critique My Build

MistWolf
04-30-11, 23:03
After months and months of diligent research, I decided I didn't want to waste my time or cash with Worse Tier Carbine. I knew, for the same outlay of money for a DPMS or an Oly, I could do much better. However, money for this build was still tight, so I decided to build a versatile KISS carbine. It will be used to clear ventilation problems, chasing graveless dead people off my lawn and training. Since the neighbors find muzzle reports rather annoying, I decided to invest in a can. As I was able to locate a carbine at a great price, I was able to splurge on an electronic sight and an AFG. I wanted to keep the carbine PRK legal as we have family in the Occupied Territories and it's important to be able to chase off the graveless. Here she is! I'm rather proud how this turned out!

http://cdn5.thefirearmsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/2011_04_25_22_08_58_15-tfb.jpg

SteyrAUG
05-01-11, 01:04
Needs a 6 position M4 stock.

:sarcastic:

BCmJUnKie
05-01-11, 01:12
Chase graveless dead people??? With no LIGHT?:sarcastic:

MistWolf
05-01-11, 01:39
Needs a 6 position M4 stock.

:sarcastic:

I have been thinking of a folding stock like this one as it still leaves room for the receiver extension

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p188/johnnnyhgmail/2YoteSnaredB.jpg

Chase graveless dead people??? With no LIGHT?:sarcastic:

The graveless dead are luminescent. Also, badguys shoot at lights mounted on firearms

chadbag
05-01-11, 10:55
EO Tech is rather heavy for a carbine like that. I assume you already had it.

I would like to add an aimpoint micro to my 480 Ruger lever action.

Armati
05-01-11, 12:07
In all seriousness, many people are limited by what they can own.

A lever action is sometimes very viable option. In most situation (even combat zones), guns are are carried a lot and fired a little.

My take on such a build would be to get .357 lever action or pump and compliment it with a .357 handgun. Keep the can and run a good defensive .38 Special through the can. Replace the EOTech with a Trijicon RMR. The AFG is pointless. Such a gun would be light, fast, handy and quiet.

For the true SHTFer, have all the manual .357/.38 handloading tools and supplies on hand.

kmrtnsn
05-01-11, 12:12
There is a company that posts here, I can't remember their name at the moment but they have posted some pics here of some really interesting 16" barrel lever actions with Picatinny rails for the addition of a T-1. I have been knocking around the idea of acquiring and sending them a big lever .357 for a bit of "work".

13MPG
05-01-11, 12:41
I think XS Sights is the company that makes that rail.

MistWolf
05-01-11, 12:46
(NOTE: I found these pictures on another site. Neither of which are my rifles, just thought I'd have a little fun. I love lever actions, I just prefer them to be more traditional)

PlatoCATM
05-01-11, 12:51
There is a company that posts here, I can't remember their name at the moment but they have posted some pics here of some really interesting 16" barrel lever actions with Picatinny rails for the addition of a T-1. I have been knocking around the idea of acquiring and sending them a big lever .357 for a bit of "work".

Superior Firearms (http://www.superiorfirearmsllc.com/)

J-Dub
05-01-11, 13:09
I thought it had to be a joke, but after seeing some of the shit floating around on that OTHER SITE...you can never tell lol.

I do like the xs rail and aimpoint look on lever actions....and i have a serious sweet spot for the ol' 30-30.

kwelz
05-01-11, 14:29

That would be Superior Firearms. the poster is Mr. Smith.

HES
05-01-11, 19:43
:laugh: MistWolf, you sir, are a trend setter.

MistWolf
05-01-11, 22:59
EO Tech is rather heavy for a carbine like that. I assume you already had it.

I would like to add an aimpoint micro to my 480 Ruger lever action.

Actually the weight isn't bad. I sent it back to the factory and had them purge the nitrogen and replace it with helium. Much lighter now

:laugh: MistWolf, you sir, are a trend setter.

Thank you sir. I wanted something that was off The Chart. In this case, it's way off the chart!

kmrtnsn
05-01-11, 23:10
That would be Superior Firearms. the poster is Mr. Smith.

Thank you Kwelz and Plato, I knew someone would remember. The lever guns they have done are works of art.

Bubba FAL
05-01-11, 23:37
Needs a sling... :p

Icculus
05-02-11, 09:36
Very nice. At first I couldn't tell if that was something in the trigger guard to prop up the rifle, a child lock, or a Magpul BAD :sarcastic:

kwelz
05-02-11, 10:06
Thank you Kwelz and Plato, I knew someone would remember. The lever guns they have done are works of art.

Honestly, all his work are works of art. I consider myself lucky to live within driving distance of his shop.

As for the Rifle in the OP. It needs a Grip Pod.

wahoo95
05-02-11, 10:09
LOL....I actually have a .357 Lever gun on my Short List to run my Trident 9 on.....should be fun!