PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ideas on new stock for 870 express

scruffy_smith
05-02-11, 11:10
I recently got a Charles Daly shotgun on a trade, it is their tactical model.I got this gun cheap at a gun show at closing time, paid 15 more than I had seen it listed on CDNN the day before, so I knew it wasn't a bad deal. Well I got this gun for my truck, but after shooting it I have decided I want a pistol grip full stock for my 870, which I both hunt with and also use as my home defense shotgun. Does anyone have any ideas for a good source for an aftermarket stock kit? I've never dealt with this before, so I don't know what brands to look for and what to avoid.

Dave Berryhill
05-02-11, 13:33
Brownells has a pretty comprehensive collection of what's available if you search their website for "870 stock."

Some of stocks are quality and some are crap. If you contact J.D. at AI&P (he's a member here), he can give you some guidance and can probably get the stock for you as well.

Gutshot John
05-02-11, 13:43
I'm getting out of the 870 model altogether and I have a couple of after-market pistol grip stocks that I was going to sell. An ATI and a Knoxx Spec-Ops (pre-Blackhawk).

PM me if you're interested.

AI&P Tactical
05-02-11, 14:01
Avoid the ATI but contact John ASAP on the Pre-Black hawk SpecOps. When Black Hawk bought Knoxx out they changed a couple things so the one John has is build better.