PDA

View Full Version : California Bullet Button

Chris0309
05-02-11, 19:18
Q: What is the best CA legal bullet button?

I'm looking for something that is easy to love from legal to illegal. Literally a mag release button that I can install and be legal, ,and can leave in place to conventionally use to dell the mag.....

ChocLab
05-02-11, 19:23
Q: What is the best CA legal bullet button?

I'm looking for something that is easy to love from legal to illegal. Literally a mag release button that I can install and be legal, ,and can leave in place to conventionally use to dell the mag.....

Probably best to post this question at Calguns.net rather than here.

mikeahe
05-02-11, 19:45
RADLOCK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Marty916
05-02-11, 19:48
I use the Prince 50 from RifleGear. Works very easily when switching back and forth. Just be careful when at public ranges and make sure it's in the locked position or you might get spanked....

Zzzake
05-02-11, 20:11
RADLOCK

I tried the regular one, the vamfire MLD, Prince 50, and the raddlock.H ave to say Raddlock is the best. any simple tool can loosen up the screw to change back and forth if you go out of state in comparison to the very thin L wrench on the vamfire and prince50.

Newaza
05-02-11, 20:19
Another vote for Radlock.

Ramcharger413
05-02-11, 20:53
Also remember to check that 10rd mag just to make sure it won't take an extra round.

Bullet button: http://www.riflegear.com/p-58-ar15-bullet-button.aspx

Calguns flow chart: http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

stevie
05-02-11, 21:21
Prince BB or Radlock, they boh work fine.

pilotguyo540
05-02-11, 22:03
i prefer the radlock

RudyN
05-02-11, 22:45
Get the Bullet Button (I have one) and you can also buy a little red button that you can screw on the Bullet Button threads when you go to states where a real release is allowed. Also go to Cal Guns where you can find all kinds of information of the fight we are waging for California gunowners.

KrampusArms
05-02-11, 23:25
I use the bullet button. POS. I have had my magazine drop out twice while firing. This little device makes me feel LESS safe. To unload the gun requires a tool. I doubt the reliability of the weapon because of it. I also have had to modify the spring slightly so it wouldn't slip past the aluminum housing. Inserting a magazine feels less positive and removing the magazine using a tool is truly whack and feels sluggish and chincy. I hate it. I feel utilising a bullet button is more of a safety detriment than actually using a PROPER release. I reccomend any other device. The radlock sounds better.

mikeyd501
05-03-11, 00:21
Works much better than all the brands listed here. It allows you to be a free man and carry 30 round magazines fully loaded legally!

All you need to do is exercise your rights in the next election by using your ballot button. Simple and easy. Should it fail, push-pull and then move somewhere that is not so f'ed up!

M

pilotguyo540
05-03-11, 01:34
Works much better than all the brands listed here. It allows you to be a free man and carry 30 round magazines fully loaded legally!

All you need to do is exercise your rights in the next election by using your ballot button. Simple and easy. Should it fail, push-pull and then move somewhere that is not so f'ed up!

M

Can't run forever. Some of us are stuck, wether we want to be or not. I thing the ballot button has been broke for some time out here.

Hunting_Zombies
05-03-11, 08:28
RADLOCK. You can adjust it with a half turn of a screw.

be1498
05-03-11, 10:25
Another vote for Raddlock! Easy to use normally in free states, locks the magazine in California.

Seagrave7
05-03-11, 13:00
Bullet button: http://www.riflegear.com/p-58-ar15-bullet-button.aspx

^What he said^

b_k
05-03-11, 13:22
Bullet Button. Using a tool to drop the mag is going to suck, regardless of the design. It only takes a minute or two to rip out the BB and put in the original mag release after you exit CA. I'd much rather do that then run some do-hickey non-standard mag release button that might inadvertently lock when I don't need it and likewise, not lock when it should.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-03-11, 13:27
I use a raddlock while in CA. Negates the purpose of the AR15, but w/e.

TCB
05-04-11, 03:01
B-15 or B-16. They come off in a jiff when your out of state.

dolf
05-04-11, 06:59
Are you kidding me!!!! NO state is worth that B.S. and yes, I've been to California multiple times. Sorry.

romadant
05-04-11, 11:11
I live in CA and dropped the BB entirely and just went with a 'featureless' build. (Non-collapsible stock, compensator instead of FH, etc.) To get rid of the pistol grip I'm using a kydex wrap on it... so when I get to a free state, it's three small screws and done.

No BB tools, no 10rd limit... I can drop my legally owned preban hi-caps as needed. ;)