PDA

View Full Version : Why I still love Texas!

ashooter
10-05-07, 05:45
Check out the "reader comments" at the bottom. :)

Neighbor, 83, shoots burglar
Gabriel Valdez 03.OCT.07
http://wilsoncountynews.com/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=1&twindow=&mad=&sdetail=16713&wpage=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=1000&hn=wilsoncountynews&he=.com

LA VERNIA — Raymond Charles Bunte, 83, shot and killed a burglar who broke into his neighbor’s house at approximately 1:30 p.m. on Sept. 28.

He told deputies from the Wilson County Sheriff’s Office that he heard a loud noise from his neighbor’s house on F.M. 1346, Sheriff Joe Tackitt Jr. said. Since he knew his neighbor was at work, Bunte drove his vehicle around his neighbor’s home.

Bunte saw a ve-hicle he knew shouldn’t be there and blocked it in with his own. He saw that the front door was kicked in and, with 12-gauge shotgun in hand, shouted for the burglars to come outside, Tackitt said.

One suspect ran, but the other, 23-year-old Dustin Brandon Houston, got into his vehicle and tried to run over Bunte.

Bunte fired once, hitting Houston in the head and killing him instantly, Tackitt said. Bunte’s wife flagged a passerby down on the road, who made a call to the police at 1:52 p.m.

Bexar County law-enforcement units and the Texas Rangers assisted Wilson County deputies in the search for the other suspect, identified as Steven Christopher Muniz, 24. Texas Rangers arrested Muniz at 10 p.m. at his home on the south side of San Antonio. He was arrested on outstanding San Antonio warrants for burglary of a habitation. Wilson County has yet to charge him, Tackitt said.

Houston and Muniz had told friends earlier that day they were on their way to commit burglaries in Wilson County, according to Tackitt.

“We think they may have been responsible for a number of burglaries here,” Tackitt said. A number of stolen items were retrieved, but owners have not yet been identified. - Wilson County News

Reader Opinions

Janet •
OCT 04 • Thank you Mr. Bunte, we live right down the road. A big thank you to people that don't close there eyes when they see bad things happen. I had a neighbor to run to 2 years ago, because of him the man that attacked me is behind bars for 50 years.

truth •
OCT 04 • Thank you Mr Bunte for your patronage and service to your community. I have been burglarized twice in 4yrs(in LV ) and would love to get my hands on the crook that took family items that could never be replaced. Mr Bunte deserves a medal for valor and thanks for his actions.

Betty Talamantez, Plano , Texas
OCT 04 • Mr. Bunte I know this had to be a hard decision. I want to thank you for being a watchful nieghbor. My cousin works long hard hours to provide for the family. It is not the valuables we are thankful for, just the sense of security they had before this day. We would all like to have a watchful and caring nieghbor as you and your wife have been all these years and not just on that trajic day

Scott •
OCT 04 • Head shot hug, good shooting!

Tony Heaton •
OCT 03 • I love a happy ending. It is time all law-abiding citizens stand up against criminals. All the police and prosecutors can see to do is let them go. This may be some form of job security.

Bob Thomas •
OCT 03 • I love stories with a happy ending!

Mojo58
10-05-07, 14:12
"..God blessed Texas with His own hand
Brought down angels from the promised land
Gave 'em a place where they could dance
If you wanna see heaven brother here's your chance
I've been sent to spread the message
God blessed Texas";)

MattC
10-05-07, 14:48
Texas rocks.

PALADIN-hgwt
10-05-07, 18:59
xxxxx

Canonshooter
10-05-07, 19:45
As a New Yorker, my sincere apologies for the likes of Hillary Clinton, Charles Schumer, Carolyn McCarthy, Michael Bloomberg and all of the other gun-grabbing window-lickers voted into office by this pinned-to-the-left state.

But here's to Texas and to Ron Paul in 2008!