PDA

View Full Version : HK handgun purchasing question

Hogsgunwild
05-03-11, 00:44
After shooting a whole bunch of HK pistols in recent months, I am ready to begin my collection / addiction.

When you buy a STI pistol, you are able to purchase the guns through dealers like Brazos Custom and Dawson Precision and have them perform the modifications that you desire prior to shipping the gun to you. Of course, these two companies capitalize on the fact that STIs often need reliability jobs and magazines tuned prior to being acceptable. HK pistols do not need additional help.

The things that I need added or modified are ambi-safeties, possibly stippling on some models, P30s would need the right side slide release shortened or replaced with a HK45C's (I am a lefty), etc.

I also would like to add sights like the Trijicon "Bright and Tough" (or similar) front sight with a wide notch Hiene Slant Pro Straight Eight on the rear. And the sights need to have a twenty five yard combat zero.

My question is, is there any one-stop shopping like this for a H&K?
From what I have found, you just have to find the gun in the closest configuration to what you desire, purchase it and then ship it off to Grey Guns or Bowie Tactical (or whoever).

At this time Grey Guns is what looks like the best bet after I purchase the pistol.

Thank you for your input.

Cosmo M3
05-03-11, 14:37
you'll have to purchase the model closest to your desired preference and add the parts from there...unless you want the threaded barrel. You can order that option with Meprolight night sights through your local gun dealer.

F-Trooper05
05-03-11, 15:16
None of those mods are very difficult. You can use a P2K slide lever which costs about $20. You can send the slide off to Heinie for sight instillation (other than Trijicons and Mepros, that's pretty much your only option). As for the stippling, personally I don't think that any of the P-series or 45-series guns need it, but if you think they do you could always do it yourself. If you aren't up for that, there are plenty of people who can do it for a lot less money and a lot shorter wait time than either Bowie or Grey Guns.

Hogsgunwild
05-03-11, 16:24
OK, cool. I am off and running now on my quest.

Thank you both for your replies, I appreciate it!