PDA

View Full Version : New to AR's and looking to learn.

BrassMonkey
05-03-11, 01:51
Just introducing myself. Purchased my first AR a little while back and hope to learn a few things about it.

Evil Colt 6920
05-03-11, 06:22
The best thing you can do is buy a bunch of ammo and start shooting. A carbine course would be ideal. The search feature of this site can answer just about any question you may have but none of it will make up for real life time behind the trigger. Happy shooting :)

BrassMonkey
05-04-11, 03:12
Appreciate the advice. Looking forward to it.

John W
05-04-11, 09:27
BrassMonkey--congratulations. Do tell, whatd you pick up? Pics? :)

Evil Colt 6920 hit the nail on the head. A basic carbine course will teach proper handling and methods to recover from the 3 different types of malfunctions. Between that, some good brass down range, and a bit of the ol' google -- you should be good to go.

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions. Best of luck!

BrassMonkey
05-04-11, 19:47
Hey guys,

Picked a Bushmaster Patrolman. The only thing I've added to it is a Comp M4s, mags and ammo. I know it's not considered top-shelf but Bushmaster does have a decent reputation from what I've read and it has been 100% so far.

Believe it or not, I'm already commited on a Barrett REC7 5.56 (on hold for me). I know it's pricey but I make a honest living and ask myself "why not?". As far as courses, I've been wanting to attend one but haven't looked into it yet. Hopefully, I'll be able to work one in in the near future.

Many thanks to yall. I appreciate the advice and warm welcome.