PDA

View Full Version : APEX; new sear for M&P?

ColdDeadHands
05-03-11, 07:36
Just saw something about a new Apex Forward Set Sear and Trigger for the M&P on the APEX website? Any details on this? I'm kinda bummed because I just installed the DCAEK and now I read that...

5cary
05-03-11, 07:49
Do you have a direct link to what you are referring to? I'm not seeing anything new at apextactical.com (or I need more coffee).

bleaman225
05-03-11, 07:59
http://www.apextactical.com/blog/index.php/random-apex/shot-show-2011-complete/

I found the above on their website.

magsz did a video review on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uohQeHxPFL0

ColdDeadHands
05-03-11, 08:29
Do you have a direct link to what you are referring to? I'm not seeing anything new at apextactical.com (or I need more coffee).
http://www.apextactical.com/blog/index.php/random-apex/operation-specific-training-personal-mp-armorers-course-with-apex-tactical/

ColdDeadHands
05-03-11, 08:31

Thanks for the youtube link. Now I feel better. While it looks like a trigger I would like, I prefer the longer take up as I don't have a safety on my M&P.

Fire_Medic
05-03-11, 08:53
I will be more interested if/when they release the new trigger bars so nothing needs to be welded.

Thank god for Apex.......:D

5cary
05-03-11, 08:56

Ah, thanks. I was looking at the products.

Looks like a nice piece of kit, but not one I'm sure I'd put on a day to day carry weapon. I'd prefer a shorter takeup on the M&P, but perhaps not that short.

outrider627
05-03-11, 10:04
Ah, thanks. I was looking at the products.

Looks like a nice piece of kit, but not one I'm sure I'd put on a day to day carry weapon. I'd prefer a shorter takeup on the M&P, but perhaps not that short.

Apex wrote on their facebook page that they're working on a duty/carry forward set sear. M&P fans are gonna have a good year. I hope to order mine soon so I can get in on the fun. :D

C4IGrant
05-03-11, 10:07
Thanks for the youtube link. Now I feel better. While it looks like a trigger I would like, I prefer the longer take up as I don't have a safety on my M&P.

Interesting. So do you believe that the longer take up is going to prevent and ND or AD?

All firearms have one safety. It is called the human brain. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire and nothing bad happens.

C4

ColdDeadHands
05-03-11, 10:37
Interesting. So do you believe that the longer take up is going to prevent and ND or AD?

All firearms have one safety. It is called the human brain. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire and nothing bad happens.

C4

I know that. I still prefer a longer take up - people don't carry 1911's with their safety off and that new Apex trigger looks very much like it performs like a 1911 trigger.
That and I come from HK LEM triggers...

Randy Lee
05-03-11, 10:57
Hi guys,

The FSS and trigger was seen at the NRA show this past weekend, and the guys who were in the Personal Armorer course yesterday had a chance to shoot the gun. The trigger is scary responsive. But by springing it correctly, should be a viable option for individuals who can't stand all the take up of our standard kits/sear.

That said, I personally don't have a problem with trigger pre travel. We will be offering a version of the Aluminum trigger for our standard sear that will remove some of the pre travel. I like the smaller center mounted safety lever rather than having the entire lower half of the trigger pivot.

-Randy

C4IGrant
05-03-11, 11:01
I know that. I still prefer a longer take up - people don't carry 1911's with their safety off and that new Apex trigger looks very much like it performs like a 1911 trigger.
That and I come from HK LEM triggers...

People (generally) do not carry the 1911 without the TS engaged because that gun as 4lbs (or less) trigger pull. I have seen people not use the TS though (so it does happen).

Typically, the M&P trigger pull is going to be around 5-6LBS (with the duty spring kit). So I would have no problem using Apex's new trigger.

C4

ColdDeadHands
05-03-11, 11:26
I haven't measured the trigger pull weight on my M&P with the DCAEK but it doesn't feel like it is more then 5 pounds...doesn't take much force at all to release it.
Can't wait for the RAM and the Ameriglo sights I ordered from you to arrive, although the reset is already much more pronounced compared to stock.
I really like my new M&P and Apex made it even better...I'm glad I made the switch!

ColdDeadHands
05-03-11, 11:29
Hi guys,

The FSS and trigger was seen at the NRA show this past weekend, and the guys who were in the Personal Armorer course yesterday had a chance to shoot the gun. The trigger is scary responsive. But by springing it correctly, should be a viable option for individuals who can't stand all the take up of our standard kits/sear.

That said, I personally don't have a problem with trigger pre travel. We will be offering a version of the Aluminum trigger for our standard sear that will remove some of the pre travel. I like the smaller center mounted safety lever rather than having the entire lower half of the trigger pivot.

-Randy

I'm going to be all over that!:dance3: Any idea on ETA?

Magsz
05-03-11, 11:31
For those of you that watched the video it is a tad deceptive. You've got to pay attention to the details.

Ive removed almost all of the pre travel from the FSS equipped gun.

Without Pre travel adjustments there is still a good bit of travel involved in my setups.

Now, having said that, im not sure how much pre travel will be left post installation of the FSS and Randy's new trigger.

Also, M&P's with the Apex parts feel lighter than they really are due to the fact that part of the triggers overall weight is coming from the trigger return spring and the associated tension.

5cary
05-03-11, 11:47
I'm going to be all over that!:dance3: Any idea on ETA?

I'm in line right behind you!

mtdawg169
05-03-11, 14:58
I corresponded with Scott at Apex a couple weeks ago about the FSS. He indicated that initial version will be geared towards competition, with a Duty version to follow later.

bleaman225
05-04-11, 09:15
For those of you that watched the video it is a tad deceptive. You've got to pay attention to the details.

Without Pre travel adjustments there is still a good bit of travel involved in my setups.

Now, having said that, im not sure how much pre travel will be left post installation of the FSS and Randy's new trigger.

Also, M&P's with the Apex parts feel lighter than they really are due to the fact that part of the triggers overall weight is coming from the trigger return spring and the associated tension.

Thanks for explaining. I wanted to give you a heads up that I was posting your video but I forgot. Nice video, thanks.

Magsz
05-04-11, 10:24
No sweatskies man! Hope the video was a decent enough overview of the differences between the two triggers.

mtdawg169
05-04-11, 12:26

If I'm understanding correctly, you modifed the gun to reduce pretravel and the overtravel is controlled by the FSS?

How did you modify the pretravel?